Author Topic: Here we go again  (Read 17899 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Here we go again
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2019, 01:40:29 pm »
It's a shame these shelters are being abused by folk playing the system. The same occurs with the one on Clonliffe Ave, folk who live in their parents' gaffs just going to sleep there (by taxi, I might add) to increase their chances of getting a corpo gaff of their own... while others sleeping in doorways up above in the city genuinely have nowhere to turn.

dalymount

« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2019, 03:31:34 pm »
I agree but what pisses me off even more is , somebody goes out to work every day for 40 years to pay off a mortgage, and a house on their road becomes available and D C C buy it and give it to sone family for nothing . That's hardly fair, and I have see it happen

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2019, 02:53:02 pm »
They shouldn't have sold the housing stock in the first place. Thatcherism at it's best.

dalymount

« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2019, 07:26:02 pm »
Ah God be with the days when you could get a loan from the corpo to buy your house

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2019, 09:24:59 pm »
Ah God be with the days when you could get a loan from the corpo to buy your house

And pay it back at £3.47 per week.....that's what little Johnny McGrath did!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2019, 02:05:13 pm »
... and that's why we now have no housing for those who can't afford to buy privately.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2019, 02:29:37 pm »
And what did parents do with the money saved on a differential loan, put it away for third level education, save for a pension, build a  deposit for their kids first home?
Nope, they probably drank it .
I guess they want virtually free housing for the feckless sprog who wouldn't buy a rubber Johnny.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2019, 02:44:21 pm »
And what did parents do with the money saved on a differential loan, put it away for third level education, save for a pension, build a  deposit for their kids first home?
I guess they want virtually free housing for the feckless sprog who wouldn't buy a rubber Johnny.

You're not wrong Silver.....me own oul fella cudda done more but the bookies and the gargle were the priority for him!!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2019, 02:49:29 pm »

You're not wrong Silver.....me own oul fella cudda done more but the bookies and the gargle were the priority for him!!
Sure the pubs were packed and Publicans laughing all the way to the bank.

Show Unread Posts