Author Topic: New increase  (Read 30196 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: New increase
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2019, 02:05:46 pm »
^^^I have one but you don't need one for Revolut.The customer needs to be have a Revolut account though.

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2019, 02:08:08 pm »
The NTA could easily say you need to give a printed credit card receipt also.

dalymount

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2019, 02:09:11 pm »
Card payment is the first step in compulsory alignment. I call upon all independent drivers to resist both compulsory 3,and compulsory card payment facilities.if there is enough support for my call,then I propose seeking collective legal advice as to wether the NTA can implinent such measures without consolation

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2019, 02:10:47 pm »
I'm sure it's possible to print off from the Revolut app with a mini printer from your mobile.Email receipts should be acceptable nowadays though.Waste of paper and all.

Offline Belker

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2019, 02:29:34 pm »
^^^I have one but you don't need one for Revolut.The customer needs to be have a Revolut account though.
I doubt the NTA will accept that as a creditable CC service ??

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2019, 02:32:29 pm »
Has the NTA factored in the "Credit Card" fees/costs in the new rate increase ?
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Belker

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2019, 02:35:56 pm »
Card payment is the first step in compulsory alignment. I call upon all independent drivers to resist both compulsory 3,and compulsory card payment facilities.if there is enough support for my call,then I propose seeking collective legal advice as to wether the NTA can implinent such measures without consolation
What is wrong with compulsory CC payments ? IMO it should have been brought in many years ago.
If you wish to consult with them DM then there is a consultation link on the email they sent you.

Offline Belker

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2019, 02:39:46 pm »
Excerpt from NTA email;

NTA estimates that the cost of operating a taxi has increased by about 4% since 2017. Our proposal for an increase in maximum fares of 4.5% covers both this increase, and the cost associated with the provision of card payment.

Offline vandriver

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2019, 02:44:45 pm »
So they estimate the commission on credit cards to be half a percent,when they used to allow you charge 5% extra?(ten times as much).
Sum up charge 2.75%(except it's free through FreeNow till the end of the year)

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2019, 02:53:04 pm »
Excerpt from NTA email;

NTA estimates that the cost of operating a taxi has increased by about 4% since 2017. Our proposal for an increase in maximum fares of 4.5% covers both this increase, and the cost associated with the provision of card payment.
Sorry Ken the Auld mince pies aint what they used to be, have to agree with Van .5% aint going to cover the CC fees

dalymount

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2019, 03:02:37 pm »
Ken what's wrong with compulsory card payment, and indeed compulsory alignment is, it is in breech of the understanding I, and most others joined industry on. The right to operate our SELF EMPLOYED business without being detailed in our duties

Offline Belker

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2019, 03:04:52 pm »
.......Sum up charge 2.75%(except it's free through FreeNow till the end of the year)
I think it is only till December 1st ??

I'll be going with revolut after that !

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2019, 03:13:39 pm »
.......Sum up charge 2.75%(except it's free through FreeNow till the end of the year)
I think it is only till December 1st ??

I'll be going with revolut after that !
Earlier post says Customer must have a revolut A/C, Wont be much good if the customer don't have a rev A/C

Offline Belker

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2019, 03:22:27 pm »
Ken what's wrong with compulsory card payment, and indeed compulsory alignment is, it is in breech of the understanding I, and most others joined industry on. The right to operate our SELF EMPLOYED business without being detailed in our duties
Fer me, we are not detailed enough ! We are PUBLIC SERVICE VEHICLE licence holders and we owe our customers a Decent service.
Thankfully the NTC and Suitability have managed to put some manners on us. The RSA did a bit but not enough. Now the NTA are taking it a step further thankfully.

@ DM, Do you remember the days only Ten years back with all the totally clapped out disgraceful shiteboxes on the road ?
I'm sure you remember the days before NCT DM, I don't, but I would imagine it was scary stuff back then ?

Offline Belker

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2019, 03:28:22 pm »
Earlier post says Customer must have a revolut A/C, Wont be much good if the customer don't have a rev A/C
Agreed STC's, I will still take both types of payment after 1st Dec, but the (2.75%) Sum-up stickers in my cab will be coming down and the (0%) Revolut stickers will be going up !

Show Unread Posts