Author Topic: Storm Update  (Read 1827 times)

john m

Storm Update
« on: October 03, 2019, 09:54:26 pm »
Crisp packet blown on to the Road at Neilstown just outside Finches .Joe Duffy is on Valium after been told fuck all happened ,he is dissapointed nobody died .

Offline silverbullet

Re: Storm Update
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 10:24:48 pm »
Crisp packet blown on to the Road at Neilstown just outside Finches .Joe Duffy is on Valium after been told fuck all happened ,he is dissapointed nobody died .
Speaking of crisps:
https://youtu.be/oLy50mUTm5U 8)

john m

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 11:08:36 pm »
Latest on the storm Big Dommos first wife took in her clothes off the line just in case her best blouse blows over the wall into her neighbours garden and theit dog eats it ,.

john m

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 03:15:07 am »
Carbon tax increase on Fuel due to Climate Change ?Thats the second Hurricane that was going to do huge Damage the one that Didnt hit America and the one that didnt hit us .Was it all a big hoax ?

john m

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 04:42:58 am »
Gardai in Mayo have warned motorists that many roads along the coast are strewn with debris, including branches and leaves, following the strong gusts.GARDA WARNING THERE ARE LEAVES ON THE ROAD.

Offline Belker

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 04:57:34 am »
Nowt happened down here in Cork, it was a rainy morning and hurricane Lorenzo was due at 6pm Thurs.
Nothing, Nada, Zilcho !

I worked from 7pm to 3am, No Rain, No Wind !
A gentle breeze did pick up at about 1am.

The weather forecasters got this one disasterously Wrong !

john m

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 05:06:40 am »
Dublin was a ghost town people headed home after work to avoid the non existing weather businesses must of lost millions .How much money did councils spend on sandbags and extra staff on standby .

Offline Tony

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 05:21:21 am »
Better to be over cautious than underestimated, the problem now is when we do get a whopper of storm/ hurricane people wont take heed and lives will be lost.
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Belker

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 06:12:37 am »
All the students were out in force last night in Cork (Oktoberfest is a new one on the student party night list).
All the Oldies stayed at home supping cans fearing the Hurricane weather warning.
I don't think I had a single fare from anyone over 22 all night !

john m

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2019, 06:56:45 am »
Some homeless Shelters and Day centers stayed open because of the Storm .Why are they not open all the time the people are still homeless.

Offline Belker

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2019, 07:12:27 am »
Some homeless Shelters and Day centers stayed open because of the Storm .Why are they not open all the time the people are still homeless.
I was wondering the same myself ?, Simon in Cork stated on the radio yesterday that they would have a bed available last night fer anyone that was sleeping rough.
I dunno the whole story there, but after working through the night I can report that there was a lorra Scary looking characters roaming the streets of Cork last night, much more so than the usual.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2019, 09:45:28 am »
Better to be over cautious than underestimated, the problem now is when we do get a whopper of storm/ hurricane people wont take heed and lives will be lost.
+1
Prevention is better than cure
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Show Unread Posts