Author Topic: Bank refused to open business account  (Read 7144 times)

john m

Re: Bank refused to open business account
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2019, 10:55:31 pm »
I posted here earlier this year Banks wont loan Taxi Drivers Coin unless they know you .Car sellers wont extend credit .The problem is .Certain drivers are borrowing to buy a car and then not paying .Then Banks or Credit companies go to court to sieze the Car then the person appeals and get a review .By the time the car is siezed it is worthless 100+k on the clock .To many transient operators in the Taxi industry who drive while they wait to get an Irish Passport and fuck off to the UK .

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2019, 07:43:03 pm »
So in the end I set up a personal account. Too much hassle with business account.

Next step find a taxi to rent without having to bring KY jelly with me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline vandriver

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2019, 11:46:03 pm »
Save the KY for the insurance boys.

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2019, 06:56:49 am »
Save the KY for the insurance boys.
I know €5800 is cheapest quote
I’m 39 Irish, full private NCB, clean licence
Madness

Offline vandriver

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2019, 08:48:11 am »
That's a grand cheaper than my first year.What price are rentals at the moment?

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2019, 09:08:03 am »
The cheapest rental I have been given is €200
lynk do a full package inc insurance and their app for €370

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2019, 09:44:13 am »
I know this is not much help but when I started my insurance was probably 1800 I think but there was feck all work.It kinda balances out.

john m

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2019, 09:56:52 am »
The cheapest rental I have been given is €200
lynk do a full package inc insurance and their app for €370

Get yourself a van driving Job 370 before fue land commission on certain jobs first 500 a week you earn will go on costs .Taxi driving is like marrage first few months your never out of the saddle wages every evening unlike a PAYE job where you only get paid once a week or once a month .You willbe doing 7 days a week but it will break you after a while .Think seriously about this industry before you commit any money or time .Its not as simple or lucrative as you might think .Its a low waged job for the hours you put in .In fact for some its less than Minimum Wage .CIE are always looking for drivers .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2019, 12:58:48 pm »
@John,
He'll be spending a lot more than 130 on fuel to get the earnings required to just survive...i'd be stressed out and on all sorts of meds and on disability...just thinking about havin to pay that sort of money!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2019, 01:15:32 pm »
€370 with Lynk seems reasonable when you put it like that. €200 for a poorly maintained piece of shit + €120 insurance + €250 Free Now Freight... no brainer IMO, Ebbs tends to maintain his motors properly and probably has replacements where required. He seems to be going the Prius route these days so I guess there's some fuel savings compared to some of the thirstier diesels on the road and I think they're mostly automatic so a bit easier on the joints over the long shifts you ought to do while you get the price of a new new new new ne new standard WAT together.

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2019, 02:03:20 pm »
€370 with Lynk seems reasonable when you put it like that. €200 for a poorly maintained piece of shit + €120 insurance + €250 Free Now Freight... no brainer IMO, Ebbs tends to maintain his motors properly and probably has replacements where required. He seems to be going the Prius route these days so I guess there's some fuel savings compared to some of the thirstier diesels on the road and I think they're mostly automatic so a bit easier on the joints over the long shifts you ought to do while you get the price of a new new new new ne new standard WAT together.

I thought free now was pay as you get job not a freight charge weekly.

Ebbs said there a waiting list to get in so will have to wait either way.

john m

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2019, 02:21:24 pm »
Dont know your present Employment status but if you become a taxi driver you become self employed you lose access towelfare and other social protections ,make sure self employment is for you and your family if you have one .

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2019, 02:34:23 pm »
Dont know your present Employment status but if you become a taxi driver you become self employed you lose access towelfare and other social protections ,make sure self employment is for you and your family if you have one .
John do you work in the industry, I see all your comments are to warn against becoming a taxi man.

Just curious what situation your in and what’s your overheads etc, is it really that bad?

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2019, 02:43:12 pm »

[/quote]

.Taxi driving is like marrage first few months your never out of the saddle wages every evening unlike a PAYE job where you only get paid once a week or once a month .You willbe doing 7 days a week but it will break you after a while .
[/quote]

That sounds so familiar.....

john m

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2019, 02:47:55 pm »
13 years at this changed my car this year 2.3 K insurance 3.5K for fuel 3.5 K car repoyments  so about 200 a week before I make a shilling then add in a mobile phone to recieve work cleaning and service another grand and a half a year .Thats about minimum investment

Show Unread Posts