Author Topic: Bank refused to open business account  (Read 6996 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Bank refused to open business account
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2019, 05:09:15 pm »
If you're just doing a bit part-time to top up another income fair play. However, if you're considering taxi driving as the sole household income on which you want to fund a house purchase you're probably urinating into the wind. I know a good few immigrant drivers with mortgages but, in most cases, they have working wives/husbands/partners. I guess the economic upturn dictates that we need immigrants for low skills jobs like driving, cleaning, etc... Maybe we'd have more to whinge about if the economy was still in recession.

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2019, 05:43:32 pm »
If you're just doing a bit part-time to top up another income fair play. However, if you're considering taxi driving as the sole household income on which you want to fund a house purchase you're probably urinating into the wind. I know a good few immigrant drivers with mortgages but, in most cases, they have working wives/husbands/partners. I guess the economic upturn dictates that we need immigrants for low skills jobs like driving, cleaning, etc... Maybe we'd have more to whinge about if the economy was still in recession.
Thanks for all the replies. A lot of food for thought.

Yes I work full time, this is to top up my wage.

I wouldn’t class driving a low skilled job, you have to have a lot of skills, even the test I had to pass was difficult hence why there is a low pass rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2019, 06:02:00 pm »
I think Jack from Cork will like your work ethic!! lol

Offline vandriver

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2019, 06:56:01 pm »
I delivered pizzas and Chinese for years.You can make a ton a night in the pocket which might suit you better.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2019, 08:35:27 pm »
I delivered pizzas and Chinese for years.You can make a ton a night in the pocket which might suit you better.

Often wondered how much drivers get paid for takeaway deliveries.....do tell!!

Offline vandriver

« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2019, 08:50:00 pm »
The place I worked was 5 an hour from the shop,2.50 a delivery and great tips.Normally worked out near 20 an hour.

Offline Belker

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2019, 07:55:24 am »
Often wondered how much drivers get paid for takeaway deliveries.....do tell!!
I did pizza deliveries fer about a year from the taxi, I used to be checked in with the base as well and worked both.
The pay was a flat 35 per night (7pm to 11pm) + 3Euro per job + Tips were your own, average about 75 a night just from the pizza man.

Offline Belker

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2019, 08:01:59 am »
€370 with Lynk seems reasonable when you put it like that. €200 for a poorly maintained piece of shit + €120 insurance + €250 Free Now Freight... no brainer IMO, Ebbs tends to maintain his motors properly and probably has replacements where required. He seems to be going the Prius route these days so I guess there's some fuel savings compared to some of the thirstier diesels on the road and I think they're mostly automatic so a bit easier on the joints over the long shifts you ought to do while you get the price of a new new new new ne new standard WAT together.
I would agree with Ratcatcher on all of the above if you want to do this gig full-time, if you take it on as a part time gig then you will most likely only manage to break even every week. A renter will not give you a weekly discount if'n you decide to work Thurs to Sun only.

Offline Belker

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2019, 08:18:35 am »
@ gbowden, If you are serious about this job, then you need to put away 110Euro a week in to a separate 'untouchable' account, work your bollix off fer 3 years and then you will have 17K to buy your own 5 year old Mini wheelchair taxi + 10 year license, and your taxi insurance by then should be down to about 3K.
Have a peep here; http://wheelchairtaxi.ie/

Offline gbowden

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2019, 09:43:58 am »
@ gbowden, If you are serious about this job, then you need to put away 110Euro a week in to a separate 'untouchable' account, work your bollix off fer 3 years and then you will have 17K to buy your own 5 year old Mini wheelchair taxi + 10 year license, and your taxi insurance by then should be down to about 3K.

Thanks for the above Belker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2019, 10:26:35 am »

He/she has a fulltime job though,might be a handy civil service job,
Why anyone would want to hold down a fulltime job and then work (possibly) 12hr shifts on Fri,Sat night and maybe give up their Sunday aswell driving a taxi is beyond me.

Show Unread Posts