Author Topic: Snooker  (Read 3147 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Snooker
« on: November 12, 2019, 06:49:52 pm »
Haven't followed it for years, all Iknow about it these days is that Ronnie O'Sullivan is the best player by a long shot. Anywaysanall I'm going up to the UK to watch tomorrow evening's session and both sessions on Thursday (I think)... any tips greatly appreciated. Last time I was at the snooker was the final in Goffs when Hendry beat a young upcoming lad called Ken Doherty, can't remember the year.

Offline Belker

Re: Snooker
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 05:57:31 am »
Barry Hearn single handedly killed Snooker when he started introducing his own 'Teams' of players, plus the introduction of Sky and every sport in the world available 24/7 didn't help either.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 09:53:40 pm »
I think it was the no smoking, but particularly no drinking in the arena killed it

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 10:26:40 pm »
I think it was the no smoking, but particularly no drinking in the arena killed it
Had that Alex Higgins in the car once...Cunt!

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 10:37:13 pm »
Had that Alex Higgins in the car once...Cunt!
Ah yes I remember that Cnut Alex well , was upstairs in McCann's (Black Forge) about 40 Year's ago and he came in after closing time with some of his apes, demanded and got a gargle, I proceeded to bar and did likewise and got me medication, there would have been mayhem if they had not have served me !
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2019, 04:03:05 pm »
There was drinking allowed and bars on the premises... both back then in Goffs and this week in Belfast. There was no bookie's counter in Belfast though, there was in Goffs. It's a different ambiance these days... the spectators didn't wear dinner jackets for the evening session  and the referee doesn't even bother anymore... the players are dressed like barmen with logos on open necked shirts, gone are the waistcoats and bow ties. Still it was good craic and we did witness the aforementioned Ken Doherty win a game yesterday morning.... however, he went on to lose to Mark Selby in the evening session.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 07:04:08 pm »

Offline Tony

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 07:12:50 pm »
That Scottish wanker should have been fucked out of the game a few years back for cheating, i cant stand the cheating bastard
Mr. T-bag to you

Online Bob Shillin

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2019, 03:32:28 pm »
bring my friend home there will ye he's alright.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/sport/other-sport/snooker/snooker-legend-john-higgins-told-20886391.amp
The bigger problems that I've had over the years have been with people falling asleep while having had too much to drink. When/if you can wake them up, they can be completely disorientated, and behave extremely out of character, or show ecen display their real personality.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2019, 04:02:48 pm »
bring my friend home there will ye he's alright.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/sport/other-sport/snooker/snooker-legend-john-higgins-told-20886391.amp
The bigger problems that I've had over the years have been with people falling asleep while having had too much to drink. When/if you can wake them up, they can be completely disorientated, and behave extremely out of character, or show ecen display their real personality.

A few year back,bringing a couple to Malahide,they fell asleep,when we got to Malahide i said "where abouts in Darndale are yis?"....their disorientation wore off rapid!!

Online Bob Shillin

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2019, 04:25:49 pm »
Took a girl from Leeson St to Malahide. Pleasant conversation for 10 mins, then she fell asleep. Could not wake her in Malahide.  Only male cop in the station couldn't either, took 20 mins for a Bean Garda to arrive. Tried normal shaking etc. to wake her to no avail, then squeezed her earlobe until she woke surrounded by cops. Bean Garda went into dominatrix mode then which soon brought the young girl to her senses.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2019, 05:20:07 pm »
Took a girl from Leeson St to Malahide. Pleasant conversation for 10 mins, then she fell asleep. Could not wake her in Malahide.  Only male cop in the station couldn't either, took 20 mins for a Bean Garda to arrive. Tried normal shaking etc. to wake her to no avail, then squeezed her earlobe until she woke surrounded by cops. Bean Garda went into dominatrix mode then which soon brought the young girl to her senses.
I carry a Refs whistle, if you think it's loud enough for Croak Park imagine the sound in a saloon car? 8)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2019, 04:07:08 pm »
That Scottish wanker should have been fucked out of the game a few years back for cheating, i cant stand the cheating bastard

His then manager took the hit, if memory serves... allegedly still on 15%.

Show Unread Posts