Author Topic: sutton dagger  (Read 4932 times)

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: sutton dagger
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2019, 08:00:30 pm »
Well said octy!

The pre regulation taxi drivers horse ...wer a shower of cnuts...thought they wer royalty and held the city to ransom....
Then they moaned about ther 90 k loss of plate .....I lost 10 times that .....I did fukin moan about it a bit tho I have to admit ..... rofl
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Online Octavia1

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2019, 08:05:37 pm »
There was plenty enough taxis and a reasonable scheme to increase supply in place. What was lacking was alternative forms of public transport at certain times of the day/night. In any event, folk enjoyed queuing for cabs, it was part of the fabric of the city and a way of life, a rich cultural experience if you will.

You didn't have to buy a new motor, back then there wasn't even a 3 year rule so any clapped out shitebox would suffice. It was perfectly obvious that the authorities had no regard for how the next recession would impact the trade, they were only interested in maximising boom time demand to avoid investing in any other form of public transport and employing the unemployable. We have some artificial barriers to entry this time round so the next recession might not be quite as bad... but it will come and it will hurt those who aren't prepared.
Jeez ratti yur takin the takin the piss cup wit that one sayin people enjoyed walking home ....as regards semi state ....
I was highly trained and excellent at me job ......
But I wanted to be a cnut like the rest of the taxi scum

And no ....there  wasnt enough taxis in dublin .....
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 08:08:46 pm by Octavia1 »

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2019, 08:09:17 pm »
That's mad I never wanted to do this job.It was the last option I could think of to pay the mortgage when the courier work dried up.The thoughts of having some stranger sitting behind me used to give me anxiety.Now I probably give the passengers anxiety..

Online Octavia1

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2019, 08:10:57 pm »
Anyway...in wit the new out wit the old ......well be replaced eventually an its getting closer wit every day
Poor  old cnuts

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2019, 08:11:47 pm »
I'm sure most, if not all, Semi-State employees were perfectly competent. However, as Semi-States their role in the economy wasn't restricted to merely providing a service, it included creating employment to create wealth through the circulation of money i.e. man gets wage, govt takes tax, man buys pint, govt takes tax, publican pays barman, govt takes tax, barman buys smokes, govt takes tax, etc, etc... Privatisation removed that tool from Govt so alternatives were required.

Online Octavia1

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2019, 08:12:54 pm »
I love it merc....made me a cnut
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 08:24:15 pm by Octavia1 »

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2019, 08:19:59 pm »
I often forget how shit my last job was.But it does turn ya into someone different alright.I think I was a bit nicer.Not much but a little nicer.Funny that.

Online Octavia1

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2019, 08:30:30 pm »
I often forget how shit my last job was.But it does turn ya into someone different alright.I think I was a bit nicer.Not much but a little nicer.Funny that.

I was mentally a child wen I started driving taxi....instatutional8sed since I  left school.....naive as fuk .....
Best job in the world taxi drivin  .....made me grow up an  look humanity in the eye .... bit like a hands on anthropology degree ....or a mobile David atthenbourgh drivin tru a jungle wit chimpanzees trown shite at him and the wipers on full and
Meatloaf on his radio full blast ....triffic...
https://youtu.be/3QGMCSCFoKA

Offline Horse

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2019, 09:02:03 pm »
Well said octy!

The pre regulation taxi drivers horse ...wer a shower of cnuts...thought they wer royalty and held the city to ransom....
Then they moaned about ther 90 k loss of plate .....I lost 10 times that .....I did fukin moan about it a bit tho I have to admit ..... rofl

That was a bit of sarcasm there oxi.  Your original post just quoted Charles' post and was then blank, so my well said observation was being a bit sarcastic but then you edited your post to include your own words. How anever it turned out ok  :)

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2019, 09:11:36 pm »
I was mentally a child wen I started driving taxi.

A bit samey so!!

Show Unread Posts