Author Topic: Apologies if this has been posted before.  (Read 986 times)

The Liffey Lip

Apologies if this has been posted before.
« on: December 05, 2019, 01:23:05 pm »
Oireachtas committee from earlier this yr.......some fairly peculiar inputs....

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/debate/joint_committee_on_transport_tourism_and_sport/2019-02-27/5/

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Apologies if this has been posted before.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 01:53:59 pm »
No worries, it's only a link.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 01:56:52 pm »
Not the missing one, I take it? Always find the Healy-Raes to be Darby O'Gill/Cicero hybrids. Good auld Jim and his self-deprecation....

Online watty

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 05:25:38 pm »
A Jim Waldron is quoted as saying:
I thank the Chairman for inviting me to attend the committee meeting. I represent the National Private Hire and Taxi Association, the biggest representative group in Ireland for tax drivers. We evolved from the Private Hire Association prior to the landmark case Humphrey v. Minister for Environment and Local Government, Dundalk Urban District Council and Dublin Corporation, when our president, Christopher Humphrey, took on the Government and won a case on behalf of our members. Virtually overnight the number of taxis grew by about 500%.
I wonder how the 'old' taxi drivers feel about winning a case and the number of taxis growing by about 500%.  If that's winning, I'd hate to see them lose!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 06:40:49 pm »
A Jim Waldron is quoted as saying:
I thank the Chairman for inviting me to attend the committee meeting. I represent the National Private Hire and Taxi Association, the biggest representative group in Ireland for tax drivers. We evolved from the Private Hire Association prior to the landmark case Humphrey v. Minister for Environment and Local Government, Dundalk Urban District Council and Dublin Corporation, when our president, Christopher Humphrey, took on the Government and won a case on behalf of our members. Virtually overnight the number of taxis grew by about 500%.
I wonder how the 'old' taxi drivers feel about winning a case and the number of taxis growing by about 500%.  If that's winning, I'd hate to see them lose!
Christy is a shrewd operator. Rents out taxis be the dozen.

Show Unread Posts