Author Topic: In memory of Larry Gogan (RIP).  (Read 2895 times)

The Liffey Lip

In memory of Larry Gogan (RIP).
« on: January 09, 2020, 12:10:30 pm »
Some of his Just a Minute Quiz take-outs:

Q: Can you name an Australian bird with a long neck?

A: Nicole Kidman.

Q: Can you name a star all travellers follow?

A: Joe Dolan

Q: Can you name a dangerous sporting race?

A: Yeah, The Arabs.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: In memory of Larry Gogan (RIP).
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 12:13:58 pm »
RIP.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 12:52:13 pm »
Loved the Just a minute quiz,although when me Ma was home at lunchtime we had to endure Harbour House Hotel on Raidio 1.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 12:56:08 pm »
What about the Kennedys of Castleross?...really showing me age, but how and ever....

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 01:04:51 pm »
Joking....i'm 50 but I remember listening to out-takes on Brendan Balfe's quiz yonks ago.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 01:13:44 pm »
Joking....i'm 50 but I remember listening to out-takes on Brendan Balfe's quiz yonks ago.

You were probably still in low babies.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 01:15:37 pm »
Yep...until I was 13, Hal....Me aulfella Jethro, and me other aulfella Marmaduke thought it best.

john m

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 01:19:34 pm »
If you never watched Tolka Row or the Reardons you havent lived .Gay Byrne Show had its biggest protest when Biddy Reardon told Benjy she was going to use contraceptives .Kids cartoons now have super Heroes we had an Irish Speaking Duck Dockie Locha .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 01:21:01 pm »
I had Mrs Punch in low and high babies.....no jokes please....i'm Irish.

john m

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2020, 01:25:38 pm »
Strange some of the shit you remember .Use to go to me Grannies for lunch from School .She had a big old radio hissed and crackled .I remember listening to the RTE news reporting on B52s bombing Vietnam and thinking how great it was a real war film on the radio.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2020, 01:30:49 pm »
Was in with the sister last night for a few hours,she had surgery before Christmas to remove cancer from the breast and we were havin a good laugh about when we were kids and the shit we didn't get away with.....needed something to lighten the mood.

john m

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2020, 01:59:21 pm »
Was in with the sister last night for a few hours,she had surgery before Christmas to remove cancer from the breast and we were havin a good laugh about when we were kids and the shit we didn't get away with.....needed something to lighten the mood.

Hope all is good for her .This place is becoming like a hospital ward .Our kid has an appointment with the discovery department next month .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2020, 02:55:01 pm »
Sorry for all of yez lads but this cancer shit is out of control. 3 members of my family are undergoing treatment for it (one has had it 3 times). The rates of prostate cancer in men are through the roof....and both breast and prostate canacers are caused by massive dips in hormones. Men drank and smoked far more and ate the "wrong" foods for yrs after the War and nothing like this occurred.....have a long hard look at how long yez are sitting down and how much time you spend in front of a screen, of any definition. Keep away from electronic devices for 3 days a week....guarantee you the heart will slow and you'll all feel better....cancer is when the whole body becomes inflamed and inflammation is a killer....says he who has been on the fucking net for 3 days solid now.

Offline the driver

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 06:05:38 am »

Hal my sister in law just celebrated being 10 years cancer free after a breast removal.It is apparently the most curable form of cancer.I am sure you and your sister will still be laughing together in 20 years time.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2020, 10:31:30 am »
Sorry to hear about your sister Hal.
My own sister has cancer too, fully treatable and should make a full recovery.

I’ll tell you all, cancer is inside all of us. It just sits there and then something sparks it off.
Pancreatic Cancer took my father a few years ago. Twas caught early enough, but still inoperable and all treatments failed. Man never smoked in his life but was a spray painter. Maybe it was all the chemicals in the paints and stuff that he used that activated his, but then again, he was retired 16 years before the diagnosis.
Maybe it’s what’s in the food these days, too much processed shite we eat if you ask me

Show Unread Posts