Author Topic: Lost of earnings due the car accident  (Read 7687 times)

Offline Zdenko70

• Valued Contributor
Lost of earnings due the car accident
« on: January 12, 2020, 02:57:46 pm »
Hi everyone
Looking for some information  and advice.
Was involved in car accident  a few days before the new year's eve. Was not my fault,  another taxi driver hit me from behind. Reported  to the guards and insurance company, clame is open, car has been damaged from behind and not usable for work. I was renting so the company that I rented from will give me another car but has to get nct and suitability done first, so it will take another few days. Now question is how much insurance companies recognize for lost of earnings per day. I am 2 weeks of work now.  Any advice appreciated.

Offline Tony

Re: Lost of earnings due the car accident
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 03:04:54 pm »
How long are you driving a taxi?
Mr. T-bag to you

john m

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 03:07:09 pm »
90 euro per day for about 14 days Provided that loss of earnings is included in your cover .If you are on the renters Insurance policy you probably get Fuck All .

Offline Zdenko70

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 03:07:58 pm »
since 2016

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

Offline Zdenko70

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 03:09:23 pm »
I am only driver included on the policy.

Offline Zdenko70

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 03:11:46 pm »
It is cover by my policy  but I am making clame from his policy.

john m

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 03:18:56 pm »
They usually pay up to 14 days as they think you can get repaired in that time .

Offline Zdenko70

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 03:24:54 pm »
Thanks John m, the car is gonna be written off as the ramp for wheelchair is damaged, due the holiday season couldn't  get it assesed until last Monday 6 of January,  getting replacement car tomorrow but has to be nct and suitability needed on it, it will take few more days.

dalymount

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 03:26:24 pm »
I dont think its 90 per day,I think its 75'i cant understand why your renting from a company where the NCT and suitability tests have to be done.why dont you rent from a company that has a car ready to go ?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 04:19:14 pm »
DM's point is a good one. Regardless of who was to blame it is incumbent on you to take all reasonable steps to minimise the financial impact. If you were not injured there's no reason you couldn't have organised a temporary rental to use until your permanent one is available. If it cost a bit more than your regular deal you would be entitled to claim the difference. However, you should probably just submit the €90/day claim. Do so in writing stating that you understand this to be the rate applied by the main insurance firms. Keep the letter short and sweet, don't mention renting or ramble on about anything else. Chances are, in the absence of a personal injuries claim - if that is the case - the TPs insurer will be anxious to settle quick and without too much debate.

Offline Zdenko70

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 04:28:35 pm »
Thanks everyone  for your suggestions  and advice. 

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 07:35:54 pm »
But if you could prove with app work you were covering 150/200 a day surely the daily rate they offer you is irrelevant.

When I had a bike accident years ago I got my wages in full for two months after a bit of arguing.You don't have to accept the first offer they give you AFAIK.Why should you be out of pocket that's what insurance is for.

dalymount

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2020, 09:30:49 pm »
Insurance companys are crooks.a few years ago I had an accident where an insured driver ran into the back of me.he done a runner,but somebody went after him and got his reg.after some time,the claim was settled by the MIBI upon receipt of the garda report.here is the laughable part.even though it was not my fault,allienz refused to quote me upon renewal because my insurance had ro pay out some money in respect od my claim

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 09:32:12 pm »
€90 is the standard figure they have used for years.

If you earn more and can prove it, paper work, bank statements, app statements etc etc you could push for more but remember that you will also have to take maintenance, fuel, wear and tear, freight, insurance costs, and all other associated expenses out of the figure you claim you are earning, IE, if you can prove 200 a day through an app, you pay 12% commission, probably €10 on fuel, 13.69 a day for insurance(based on you being a renter and paying 5K) wear and tear on car, tax liability on that figure you claim etc etc

Offline Zdenko70

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2020, 09:47:28 pm »
Ok. Again thanks to everyone for your comments  and advice. You all are very helpful. Now I have a better  picture how it works. Hope to be on the road in a few days again. Wish you all the best, and safe driving.

Show Unread Posts