Author Topic: Lost of earnings due the car accident  (Read 7686 times)

Offline Lizzzy

Re: Lost of earnings due the car accident
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2020, 10:05:28 pm »
Ok. Again thanks to everyone for your comments  and advice. You all are very helpful. Now I have a better  picture how it works. Hope to be on the road in a few days again. Wish you all the best, and safe driving.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

You're welcome, go now but don't be a stranger.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2020, 10:15:24 pm »
I dont think its 90 per day,I think its 75'i cant understand why your renting from a company where the NCT and suitability tests have to be done.why dont you rent from a company that has a car ready to go ?
To answer that, maybe he owns the vehicle but rents the plate so is getting another of his own vehicles on the road, hence the NCT and Suitability.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2020, 10:15:50 pm »
Ok. Again thanks to everyone for your comments  and advice. You all are very helpful. Now I have a better  picture how it works. Hope to be on the road in a few days again. Wish you all the best, and safe driving.

You're welcome, go now but don't be a stranger.
Yeah don’t be a stranger, say hello every so often, we won’t bite

Offline Zdenko70

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2020, 10:57:33 pm »
No worries lads, will stay in touch. Thanks again

Offline Belker

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2020, 05:58:40 am »
Insurance will have a peep at your tax returns, so if'n your claiming fer 90 a day then make sure your tax returns can back that up.

dalymount

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2020, 06:28:52 am »
But vikkiz I thought in the case of renting,that the renter had to own the car,the plate,and provide the insurance ?

Offline Belker

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2020, 07:24:53 am »
But vikkiz I thought in the case of renting,that the renter had to own the car,the plate,and provide the insurance ?
You are right DM, but there are ways around it, if'n the plate only renter signs his car over to the person renting the plate and the person renting the plate takes out insurance with the renter as a named driver, that is the usual way they go, and the person renting the plate gets about 50 a week fer doing F all, except filling out a few forms.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2020, 03:36:04 pm »
Insurance will have a peep at your tax returns, so if'n your claiming fer 90 a day then make sure your tax returns can back that up.

Only if you want more than the €90/day and, even then, a letter from your accountant should suffice. If you just want the €90 write a letter yourself - can be addressed to your solicitor if you are using one - stating that you understand this to be the rate applied by the main insurance firms.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2020, 05:05:35 pm »
I was offered €70, sent in my accounts, which allowed for more than the €90 which they subsequently paid. "You could have rented a car" as I had not opted to make a personal injury claim.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

dalymount

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2020, 05:17:35 pm »
My insurance offered to pay for a rental,buti had to go to a particular company to do so.I cant remember who it was.they also insisted I go to ace repairs on richmond road to have my car repaired ,they subsequently made a bollox of it

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2020, 05:19:58 pm »
I don't think they are allowed make you use their repairer.... there's an ad on the wireless that says as much.

dalymount

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2020, 05:36:39 pm »
Yes I know,but they made it clear if I did not use that repairer,I would be given the use of a courtesy car

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2020, 07:09:09 pm »
After an accident in 2010 which was paid out in 2014 I was paid €75 per day on advice from TTnH.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2020, 07:12:01 pm »
I suppose you can't really claim more than your tax return says.Same goes for mortgage applications.They'll only lend you money based on your returns not what you might earn.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2020, 07:32:34 pm »
I did... claim more than my tax return suggested I earn, that is.

Here's the letter I sent my solicitor, word for word. I got paid in full.

Re.   Loss of Earnings (RTA 30 March 2014)

Dear Nuala,

I confirm that I suffered complete loss of earnings for a period of 17 days as a result of the incident referred to. The insurance industry use a standard rate to assess loss of earnings for taxi drivers which I believe is €90/day. At that rate the loss suffered equates to €1530.

Yours sincerely,

Show Unread Posts