Author Topic: when I warned of on board cameras .  (Read 1096 times)

john m

when I warned of on board cameras .
« on: January 24, 2020, 03:31:09 pm »
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/world/privacy-campaigners-criticise-launch-of-facial-recognition-technology-by-british-police-977517.html

The decision to allow the UK's Metropolitan Police to begin operational use of live facial recognition has been called a “stain” on the Government’s human rights record by privacy campaigners.

British police announced today it will begin deploying the technology – following a number of trials – to help fight against serious and violent crime, and also to help find missing children and vulnerable people.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: when I warned of on board cameras .
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 04:04:25 pm »
A lot of Free Now clients don't like them.

john m

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 04:11:53 pm »
The proposal was we pay for off site storage of the film from our cars .We wouldnt know what soft ware the camera was running .You might have a FN client in the car with you who was of some interest to lets say the Special Branch and they recognise him in your motor and some trigger happy cop like the one blasted the murderer in Carickmines starts shooting and you become collateral damage .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 04:18:13 pm »
That was nonsense, never going to happen... like the swivel seats and screens to protect riders.

john m

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 04:25:48 pm »
That was nonsense, never going to happen... like the swivel seats and screens to protect riders.

its all well and good until its not well and good .

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 04:48:42 pm »
I think you should go back into the wardroom in the box room Ermy

Offline watty

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 05:57:24 pm »
Those UK cameras don't work properly, they're illegal (cops ignored the law), & they don't recognise black people well enough.

In Ireland/EU & parts of America, there's plans to ban facial recogition tech for the foreseeable future.

In general, facial rec. tech can be gamed.

In taxi terms, I'm sure you've had 'hoodies' get a taxi from A to B and they put the hood back up when they get out of the taxi.  I've even had wannabe gangsters (teenagers) put their hood up when they walk from the taxi to their front door!  They'll just keep the hood up in the taxi or throw their baseball hat over the camera.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 06:02:52 pm »
I just tell them to pull down the hoodie.If they don't like it they can get out.You need to be able to describe them if they rob your taxi/float/mobile phone/lunch..

Show Unread Posts