Author Topic: Next Government?  (Read 4193 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Next Government?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2020, 03:17:41 pm »
How many times have the clinched fist brigade failed to elect Ellis in the past? Unfortunately, loose cannons like him and Cullinane run the risk of losing the support of the non-clinched fist brigade, the one's who actually elected them in the end... and let's be honest they coulda ran the erm this time round and topped the poll!

dalymount

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2020, 03:55:56 pm »
Jeez the erm running for the shinners ? what a sobering thought

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2020, 04:17:35 pm »

Just stay drunk....it'll be fine!!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2020, 04:45:48 pm »
The Shinners are writing cheques they can't cash.
A protest vote.
FF/FG coalition for stability.  Big business doesn't like lefties.
Twinning Ireland with Venezuela...without the oil.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2020, 05:07:06 pm »
The country will be writing cheques to the EU for...ever thanks to FF supported by the Greens and continues that trend thats to FG and Labour.....but i suppose that's the sort of stability big biz and unsecured bondholders like!!

john m

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2020, 05:12:44 pm »
The country will be writing cheques to the EU for...ever thanks to FF supported by the Greens and continues that trend thats to FG and Labour.....but i suppose that's the sort of stability big biz and unsecured bondholders like!!

Your seeing the Bigger Picture Hal .Next time the economy crashes they will bail us all in take your savings all your pension and death duty and inheritance tax on the full value of your family home .The best way to stop the Wolf killing you is to keep feeding it .

john m

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2020, 05:20:23 pm »

Shinners are as legitimate as any other elected TD I just dont agree with them or the Profit from the People or the Potato munching parish politicians from down the country .Todays Politicians remind me of me Granny if the telly was broke she gave it a good thump or wiggled the ariel and thought she fixed it until it broke again and once again it got a thump or a wiggle until she really fucked it up and broke it good and proper .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2020, 05:25:12 pm »
Had this semi retired self employed gentleman(claiming his pension) in the car a few weeks back.....himself and the missus have a place in Portugal,he spends 7 months of the year there so he doesn't pay any tax here.....has a lovely gaff in Clontarf on the coast road....fair fuks to him,

I'd be out of here tomorrow only for my 16y/o daughter,my plan is not to buy somewhere in the sun but to rent longterm and work my taxi here during the summer.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2020, 05:34:15 pm »
If that is the strategy do you think the likes of Ellis and Cullinane will be on the next ballot paper, DM?
They'll be singing from a different hymn sheet.

john m

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2020, 05:36:31 pm »
Had this semi retired self employed gentleman(claiming his pension) in the car a few weeks back.....himself and the missus have a place in Portugal,he spends 7 months of the year there so he doesn't pay any tax here.....has a lovely gaff in Clontarf on the coast road....fair fuks to him,

I'd be out of here tomorrow only for my 16y/o daughter,my plan is not to buy somewhere in the sun but to rent longterm and work my taxi here during the summer.

Hal take some time to check your PRSI contributions if you dont qualify for the full contributory pension you cannot claim a non contributory pension if you are not resident in the state so you will only get a reduced contributory pension

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2020, 06:53:38 pm »
My only time being employed(PAYE) was from 80-84 and 87-89...i do remember a time in the 90's when Revenue insisted on courier companies deducting tax and paying PRSI but can't remember the full details of that arrangement...but i must check it alright.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2020, 07:22:53 pm »
Don't lay awake all night worrying about the 'Habitual Residence Condition', Hal. Provided you don't intend working when "in the sun" and assuming you are an Irish National you'll have no problem there. Worry about the means test instead!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2020, 07:33:38 pm »
I don't intend to...but i'd probably play the drums for some young whippersnappers!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2020, 07:36:00 pm »
Cash is king!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2020, 07:37:22 pm »
So they say.

Show Unread Posts