Author Topic: Gather Round Little children  (Read 2601 times)

john m

Gather Round Little children
« on: February 11, 2020, 04:07:19 pm »
Big Dommos young fellas youngfella and his bird are trying to buy a gaff cos the dont like living in her Granny's parlor in the Houses beside the flats .Dommos Kid was saying he couldn't save the deposit so he was thinking of selling for Tommy Two Scars youngfella to get a few Notes .I asked him how come they cant save? He is on the sites and she is working down the Tanning Shop near the traffic lights .He says its the cost of living, different from your Day when yis had nuttin you could save for a Gaff ,I have to pay for me phone ,and Netflix and Sky Sports and me car loan and a few quid to the Credit Union to pay off me holiday loan and dont get me started on the cost of a bleeding night out by the time I get clothes some Coke ,Gargle ,Smokes a taxi home and a Pizza delivered I have nothing left to save ."Fucking Hell life is hard I said ,When we were young we saved stayed in watched telly RTE 1 BBC or UTV If you went out you only had a few pints we bought Loose Smokes not packets of 20 if we wanted to speak to somebody we went looking for them no texting or internet we talked .If we went out we got the bus you were lucky to get a single of Chips and a bit of fish on a friday .Thats how we saved money to buy a house and we were healthier from walking not doing drugs and we were happier because we actually had real friends not just internet trolls .So when you are complaining about not being able to afford a home or get into hospital because they are full those, problems might be solved by a change of lifestyle .

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Gather Round Little children
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 04:10:18 pm »
You're right John......where's me wobbly stool and rope!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 04:13:36 pm »
The kids of today don't know they're born, erm. If SF are in the next Govt or the Govt after that they'll get a gaff for nothing... like what you did!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 04:16:35 pm »
The kids of today don't know they're born, erm. If SF are in the next Govt or the Govt after that they'll get a gaff for nothing... like what you did!

Ouch......but it only took him 30yrs to pay it off @ £3.94 per week(house ins included)

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 04:17:33 pm »
houses were'nt three and four and five times overpriced like they are today.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 04:19:43 pm »
houses were'nt three and four and five times overpriced like they are today.

John is glad his is now though....except his chungwan is back in the gaff....forever!!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 04:41:43 pm »
If someone who got a house for virtually nothing in the eighties  had paid it off early, they could have afforded to put their children through college and gifted them  deposit for a house.
They chose to drink it or live beyond their means.

john m

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 04:57:20 pm »
If someone who got a house for virtually nothing in the eighties  had paid it off early, they could have afforded to put their children through college and gifted them  deposit for a house.
My kids are Graduates  and just bought a house .If somebody paid it off early they would of had to insure it but for £19.40p a week they bought the house and it was Insured to be rebuilt and the insurer rehoused while it was rebuilt sure House insurance with that cover would cost more than a score a week .Imagine thinking some shrewd operator who bought a house for £10400 than now change hands for 230,000+ is some sort of fool .Taxi drivers WHA .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 04:59:46 pm »
Very true Silver....my ol man preferred to put the local publicans kids and Terry Rogers kids through college....i remember goin up to the rent office(three doors up from us) and paying the rent on Mondays during the summer....it was a couple of quid and then they were offered to buy the gaff for 6k or something stupid like that...and were still only paying a few quid for it.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 05:38:18 pm »
My kids are Graduates  and just bought a house .If somebody paid it off early they would of had to insure it but for £19.40p a week they bought the house and it was Insured to be rebuilt and the insurer rehoused while it was rebuilt sure House insurance with that cover would cost more than a score a week .Imagine thinking some shrewd operator who bought a house for £10400 than now change hands for 230,000+ is some sort of fool .Taxi drivers WHA .
Well done you.
What did the chisellers get their degree in?

john m

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 05:49:24 pm »
Well done you.

Marketing and Auctioneer .

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2020, 05:50:37 pm »
Well done you.

Marketing and Auctioneer .
I'd say they could buy and sell ya! 8)

Show Unread Posts