Author Topic: Congrats on Trying Harder! Complaints up 5%  (Read 4037 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: Congrats on Trying Harder! Complaints up 5%
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2020, 10:01:31 am »
Post of the year....this place has gone to hell FFS.

Offline Belker

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 10:22:31 am »
........The next move from Metaxi and none of ye spotted it .Look at the time frame offered to get the last bonusus did it exceed the legal 11 hour maximum shift ? Now metaxi have the data to put before the Taxithingey to show health and safety are real issues for drivers and over working is rife .They will look to have the meter chipped to prevent over work and that will encourage drivers to work the app to gain as much work as possible per shift ........
Most usually there is a modicum of sense somewhere in most of your posts John M, but the above is beyond me ??
How could having meters chipped to curtail over working be of any benefit to FN ?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2020, 10:39:14 am »
I don't think €140 comes close to the actual loss you may incur.
Say a Welsh bloke heaved up in your cab at 4 o'clock in the afternoon last week,and put you out of action for the night.
You're easily 3 ton down.(plus the cost of a valet)

The point is that we are no longer entitled to compensation for lost income. In fact they go on to imply that if you don't have cleaning receipts you are likely to be charged with an offence and, if convicted, could face two years in prison and/or a fine of up to €5,000.

The maximum such fee is €140, but the actual fee charged may be lower – it should reflect the costs reasonably incurred by the operator. Drivers are advised to retain any receipts for cleaning the vehicle in the event of a complaint being received.

john m

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 10:44:09 am »
........The next move from Metaxi and none of ye spotted it .Look at the time frame offered to get the last bonusus did it exceed the legal 11 hour maximum shift ? Now metaxi have the data to put before the Taxithingey to show health and safety are real issues for drivers and over working is rife .They will look to have the meter chipped to prevent over work and that will encourage drivers to work the app to gain as much work as possible per shift ........
Most usually there is a modicum of sense somewhere in most of your posts John M, but the above is beyond me ??
How could having meters chipped to curtail over working be of any benefit to FN ?

If your meter was chipped you would probably start with a prebooked job to not waste time looking for your first fare sitting on a rank .Im sure the taxi thingey will regulate you must engage your meter if you are for hire ,remember there is legislation for tech in the Roofie already on the books then 11 hours after your first job the meter refuses to allow you take another just finish the job you are on .All metaxi need to show is drivers disregarding safety rules and they have the data to lay before the RSA or Minister for motoring .I told you all this before when I mentioned Workcapture on Roys I said there would be fleets on WATs on Roys and Now im saying as I said on Roys they will chip the meter to guarentee health and safety and increase production if you are time limited you wont be refusing metaxi jobs so they get the work covered and look more efficient so get more work .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2020, 10:47:40 am »
Anything they can do to stop drivers working dangerous hours must be welcomed. No doubt Free Now has all that data... their telesales rep could tell me their top driver trousered €130,000 in 2019 for Free Now jobs alone. Surely NTA/RSA should be investigating how that was achieved. Then move through the rest of the top 10 who all allegedly trousered over €120,000 in Free Now jobs alone.

Offline Belker

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2020, 11:02:53 am »
If your meter was chipped you would probably start with a prebooked job to not waste time looking for your first fare sitting on a rank .Im sure the taxi thingey will regulate you must engage your meter if you are for hire ,remember there is legislation for tech in the Roofie already on the books then 11 hours after your first job the meter refuses to allow you take another just finish the job you are on .All metaxi need to show is drivers disregarding safety rules and they have the data to lay before the RSA or Minister for motoring .I told you all this before when I mentioned Workcapture on Roys I said there would be fleets on WATs on Roys and Now im saying as I said on Roys they will chip the meter to guarentee health and safety and increase production if you are time limited you wont be refusing metaxi jobs so they get the work covered and look more efficient so get more work .
Granted the NTA may well in time chip meters to stop over working but that won't be today or even tomorrow, FN have no interest in curtailing drivers hours, why would they ? the more the driver works and makes the more jobs are covered and the more they make !

Offline Belker

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2020, 11:08:53 am »
The point is that we are no longer entitled to compensation for lost income. In fact they go on to imply that if you don't have cleaning receipts you are likely to be charged with an offence and, if convicted, could face two years in prison and/or a fine of up to €5,000.

The maximum such fee is €140, but the actual fee charged may be lower – it should reflect the costs reasonably incurred by the operator. Drivers are advised to retain any receipts for cleaning the vehicle in the event of a complaint being received.
What if you get a puker at 10pm of a Saturday night with no cleaning services available, your only option to stay working is to clean it yourself, not a very pleasant job, but it comes with no receipts.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2020, 11:16:00 am »
Freenow would rather have lots of cars doing a bit than a few lads doing a lot.When demand surges on the app there's more chance of the occasional app user covering the work.The lads paying 200 plus a week commission will be looking for cash because they're getting rode raw by the tax man.

The problem is they got a taste of it during the recession as Hailo.Loads of cars equals lots of competition and lots of work getting immediately covered.

They've invested nothing in the last five years apart from trying to get more drivers on the road.

I suspect the majority of the three fukking million they got for rebranding from Mytaxi to Freenow will go straight to driver recruitment and lobbying the NTA.

I'm sorry if this sounds like a broken record but some drivers still aren't aware of this.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2020, 11:36:26 am »
The piece in the newsletter suggests you can't charge if you do the cleaning yourself, Ken. It's the cost you are entitled to recoup, not (lost) contribution towards fixed costs and profit, just the cost of cleaning.

Free Now's objective is to pay drivers as little as possible for covering their work. Replacing drivers who can remember what they earned during the last recession with those who spent the last recession in a faraway land hitting a ball across a field upon which grass will never grow with a plank of wood obviously helps. Don't forget Mr. Fox told us he needs to align our freight with what the firm charges on the mainland. It's current UK "introductory" rate is 24%.

Offline Belker

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2020, 01:15:34 pm »
The piece in the newsletter suggests you can't charge if you do the cleaning yourself, Ken. It's the cost you are entitled to recoup, not (lost) contribution towards fixed costs and profit, just the cost of cleaning.....
Fer me Puke is 140, no haggling, either pay or it's the Gardai.

One young fella did get Shirty with me one morning after puking most of it out the window on to the door, it wasn't a lot of puke but he was an asshole so I marched him in to Garda headquarters, he pleaded his case to the Guard and the Guard told him; "Grand, no problem you can pay this man his 140 Euro or you can explain it all to the Judge". He paid !

Another trollop barfed in the back one night at about 3am, her fatter more trollopy friend in the back beside her was screaming and roaring about the 140 soilage charge, I diverted the cab and pulled in outside Ballincollig Garda station telling them; "There is an ATM over there if you wish to pay or else I'm going in to the Garda station ?". She went to the ATM and paid !.
As it turned out and I didn't know at the time, and Miss Fat Trollop didn't know was that the Ballincollig Garda station closed at 10pm every night !!
 lol

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2020, 01:39:40 pm »
You've been warned... unless you didn't read the newsletter.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2020, 04:37:38 pm »
If the NTA ever found out drivers could potentially earn that much they'd have dumped the harder taxi test years ago and released another heap of hackney plates.

VD this may come as a surprise to you but drivers publicly bragging about earnings online is a relatively new phenomenon.It would have been frowned upon by old timers.As a group we are particularly vulnerable to more competition.

Picture yourself and another 500 Vandrivers in rentals fighting over the same patch this time next year with a 10% reduction in work.Wont be long before you need to put another 20 hours a week in.Best to say we earn fuk all so were not flooded with more competition.

By the way 140 is a very good day for me nowadays.So were not all the same.
+1.

Show Unread Posts