Author Topic: Treating meself for valentines Day  (Read 3550 times)

john m

Treating meself for valentines Day
« on: February 14, 2020, 09:30:23 am »
So I thought I would give meself a little treat for valentines Day and read the Latest OECD report for Ireland .And Look what I found

To tackle congestion, the OECD sees a need for car-riding services because the greater Dublin region is so spread out for public transport to cope.

“Under such a ride-sharing model, individual private car rides are replaced by rides in shared taxis or shared taxi-buses. These services are modelled to be available on-demand either at the doorstep or at the next street corner.”

To cut carbon emissions, “a more ambitious arrangement that shifted all private car travel in Dublin to shared mobility services and the existing rail and light-rail transport network could result in even more dramatic results”.

john m

Re: Treating meself for valentines Day
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 09:34:36 am »
Probably explains why Metaxi are pushing the taxi share option .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 09:42:44 am »
There's no way I'm reading all that report but it recommends ridesharing taxis further down.

You may not realise it yet but we are the Uber in Dublin.Paying 15% commission on taxi jobs is getting into Uber territory.

Thanks for reminding me to buy a card.

john m

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 09:46:26 am »
There's no way I'm reading all that report but it recommends ridesharing taxis further down.

You may not realise it yet but we are the Uber in Dublin.Paying 15% commission on taxi jobs is getting into Uber territory.

Thanks for reminding me to buy a card.

I read the report for you and posted the relevant Paragraph .They also reccomend widening the tax base and Carbon tax .Both going to impact on your costs .

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 09:50:26 am »
Ermy I'm only a young fella.I be in a Rickshaw if that's what it takes.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 10:01:10 am »
Mrs Crow said to me the other day "No Valentines" this year, anyways I went out and got her a card , pressie and a few scratchy cards for putting up with me, she then said she got nothing but would bring me out for a pint later, I'll settle for that.
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

john m

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 10:12:38 am »
Merc I remember telling the story of vans working Portarlington into Portlaois for 4 euro a head .Also remember in the review it stated off street ranking so will me taxi have staging posts where driver will say Ballyfermot and Metaxi will offer a set fare the driver takes the job say for 12 euro dosent matter how many passengers the fare is set Metaxi might charge a 5 er a head .The taxi industry as we know it is finished .If your under 50 get a job and work the cab for bobo .If I wasent an overweight antique I would be in a paye job and taxi at the weekends .

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 10:27:22 am »
I am under 50.The only thing putting me off staying in the job are the big(for me)investment costs. I think we've shown that double jobbing isn't all it's cracked up to be.Do one or the other.

john m

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2020, 10:34:50 am »
Double jobbing double security .Big Dommos Brother has to pay for his car and insurance just like taxi drivers but he dosent have the option of taxi ing .As I said if I could get a job I would take it .If your under 50 you need to get 18 more years out of this industry .????

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2020, 10:42:14 am »
No I should be mortgage-free in 7 years.So until that happens I'll assess my options.Ten years ago lads were saying the same as they say now about getting another gig.

Just to repeat....a bloke keeping a taxi on the road is spending at LEAST 10k a year.

Even if he clears 500 a week in his day job his taxi hobby is costing him 200 a week.So he gets a head start of 300 a week on us.Then he still needs to put the 30 hours in behind the wheel.

70 hours a week to earn less than a full time taxi driver.Doesnt add up.Never did.Even accounting for tax allowances you'd need your head examined.If anything the dominance of the app work means they're paying more tax than ever.

Offline Tony

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2020, 10:42:39 am »
Merc I remember telling the story of vans working Portarlington into Portlaois for 4 euro a head .Also remember in the review it stated off street ranking so will me taxi have staging posts where driver will say Ballyfermot and Metaxi will offer a set fare the driver takes the job say for 12 euro dosent matter how many passengers the fare is set Metaxi might charge a 5 er a head .The taxi industry as we know it is finished .If your under 50 get a job and work the cab for bobo .If I wasent an overweight antique I would be in a paye job and taxi at the weekends .

€5 a head erm
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2020, 11:24:19 am »
Mrs Crow said to me the other day "No Valentines" this year, anyways I went out and got her a card , pressie and a few scratchy cards for putting up with me, she then said she got nothing but would bring me out for a pint later, I'll settle for that.

Bettya she says "   oh I forgot me purse" wen yur in the pub crow .....that one has yu rapped round her fingur
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2020, 11:57:51 am »
Vik is sitting pretty today....i'd say his missus got him a fluffer for Valentine's day.....he'll be ready for her when she gets home!!

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2020, 12:33:00 pm »

Bettya she says "   oh I forgot me purse" wen yur in the pub crow .....that one has yu rapped round her fingur
Ah FFS dont tell me you know the cnut
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2020, 03:33:33 pm »
Vik is sitting pretty today....i'd say his missus got him a fluffer for Valentine's day.....he'll be ready for her when she gets home!!
Alls I got was a card, all she got was a card and flowers.
We are off out to a Ball for the school tonight so saved a fortune on dinner out.(yes she paid for the tickets  ;D 8))

Show Unread Posts