Author Topic: Credit Cards  (Read 5556 times)

Online watty

Re: Credit Cards
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2020, 07:34:54 pm »
Can you show us that in Legislation Dollymount .As I already told you but you dont want to listen you must provide the service is not the same as you must accept the card .You have a First Aid Kit but you do not have to offer first aid you also have a fire extinguisher that dosent make your car a fire engine .Im sure there will be a sticker option a little rule change that allows you put a credit card sticker on your roofie if you take card .
I think you can put a plastic sticker on your roofsign already about CC...

Re the First Aid Kit & helping people.  A few years back, I think the Govt had to change the law because GPs/Doctors/Innocent people were getting sued for helping people as they passed by, not officially working as medics.  Before the law changed, my own GP worked beside a busy road with a few car accidents and he told me he did the bare minimum until the ambulance arrived because he didn't want to get sued.  (I was friendly with him so he told me the truth).

For us, I guess it depends on how the words of the law are phrased...  I have sumup and it's there in reserve, just in case.  Cash is king and I don't tell them about sumup unless I have to.

dalymount

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2020, 07:35:44 pm »
Well ya see watty what im saying is the difference between what I earn,and probably what most drivers earn is considerable.most drivers probably work about 40 hours a week,are aligned to a dispatcher,and so gets a great deal more work then I do.where I on the other hand will probably only work about 20 hours a week from now on because of my new medical condition,am NOT aligned to a dispatcher so will get very little work, but all the people you mention like revenue,NTA etc etc will just asses me as earning an average 40 hour ,aligned driver etc and if I declare less then that,they will think I am holding out on them

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2020, 07:39:53 pm »
But if you're not holding out, you don'y have a problem.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Tony

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2020, 07:43:28 pm »
Do you declare all of the 31.5% cash jobs Tony? Didn't think so.

Of course i dont.... Ya think im stoopid or wha?
Mr. T-bag to you

dalymount

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2020, 07:44:54 pm »
No im not holding out,but at the same time I dont welcome an audit just because they might think I am

Offline Horse

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2020, 07:46:14 pm »

You really want.me to answer that two bags?

Online watty

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2020, 07:48:03 pm »
<snip>because of my new medical condition,<snip>

*We* all have to pay for the hospitals etc etc.  Just sayin'  ;D

Online watty

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2020, 07:51:02 pm »
Going back to e-payments...

Is the LEAP card a good comparison?  It's a bit like a debit card in that if there's no money on it, you can't pay for your bus fare.  Then you have to pay cash.  Of course, the bus driver finds this out at the START of the journey.  Will there be someway we can verify the debit card has money on it at the START of the taxi journey?

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2020, 07:51:16 pm »
You can't be on the road without paying VRT,excise duty and VAT on fuel and more VAT on all our parts and services we buy.There's even VAT on our insurance and NCT tests.

I honestly don't like owning a car...that might sound odd.If I wasn't in this industry I'd have no need for one.

At a conservative 10k(15k for the Renault owners...)a year cost of being in the taxi business the government probably get 4/5k in accumulated taxes before I even make my return which is usually another two thousand.

Even of I was fiddling my taxes and returning a fictional zero profit they'd still be winning at the end of the year.

Any cash I get gets spent on goods and services that the government get VAT on.The fact that some lads are paying much more than me in Tax is just a bonus for revenue.Twenty years ago they were getting relatively feck all from the taxi/hackney industry.Now we have lads like VD probably paying 5/6K a year plus all the other shit.

I'm not sure if I'm even making a point but...

« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 07:56:08 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline Tony

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2020, 07:56:21 pm »
<snip>because of my new medical condition,<snip>

*We* all have to pay for the hospitals etc etc.  Just sayin'  ;D

Someone has to pay the doctors and nurses
Mr. T-bag to you

Online watty

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2020, 07:59:25 pm »
@MfH, sorry that wasn't a dig at you, just a general comment.

As the saying goes, let those without sin cast the first stone.  I have sinned  O:-)

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2020, 08:01:35 pm »
Not at all Watty I started typing 20 minutes ago and got distracted then forgot the point I intended to make.

john m

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2020, 08:23:56 pm »
Dollymount  They dont read your meter but they DO .At suitability they take a reciept that has a number on it they also take a milage reading you can be sure that the sum has been done by dividing number of jobs into miles traveled then take into account the area you work and then do a bit of give and take for your address location against where you work and take an average for other drivers in the same area they can come up with an average fare per journey .If your earnings are well below or above that figure the revenue will be flagged .As somebody else on here said just pay your tax after deductions most of us pay less than a shop worker on minimum wage .

Offline Tony

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2020, 08:48:13 pm »
Not at all Watty I started typing 20 minutes ago and got distracted then forgot the point I intended to make.

Dopey cunt
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Belker

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2020, 02:21:02 am »
Personally i dont see a problem with having to accept cc payments, i reckon about 68.5% of my business is credit card and none of that is app work.
If you earn it pay you way in taxes and dont be trying to fiddle yer way out of it.
Do you have a paid-up Cab app card reader El Tonio ?
I have an old one here going a begging if'n ya need one.

Show Unread Posts