Author Topic: Which way  (Read 4374 times)

john m

Which way
« on: February 16, 2020, 11:36:15 pm »
Rialto Driver just rang he had a row with a passenger .What way would you go from the Cliffs Hotel Lyons estate Newcastle to the Airport .I said turn left down by Peamount Adamstown Lucan right onto N4 Left onto M50 .He said passenger complained he didnt go Nass Road M50  This happened a few  weeks ago and he gets no more work there .So who is right Peamount or Nass Road I recon there isint much in it .It was an early morning Job about 3am

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

Re: Which way
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 01:46:33 am »
an aulwan complained about me to Joe Duffy a few years ago.
it was sheer coincidence I heard it.
I very seldomly turn the radio on when I'm boiling the kettle but this day I did.
she mentioned the time and the area and it was definitely me.
she was in the back with the aufla and the grown up son was in the front.
it was a stone cold 50/50 route.
she started rabbitting on about how I was going the long way.
I'm coming home from here since the big bang etc. and I've never come this route. ye don't know where you're going etc.
I was waiting and waiting for the aufla to tell her to shut the fuck up but he never did.
I had traversed about 60% of the route and I gave in to her sniping and i did a u-turn and came all the way back in the opposite direction to where I picked them up and went the direction she wanted.
I was like a fucking demon. the aulwan kept at me and the insults started up.
where are you taking us now. this unbelievable etc.
don't worry you'll be home in time to make the fuckin dinner I think I said to her.
I started slaggin fuck outta the aufla for not markin the aulwan's card but he still said nothing.
it was only when he was getting out I realised he was riddled with full blown alzheimers or something.
made an awful bollocks of myself.
that was the last time I ever overruled anybody and did'nt go the route they wanted.
the customer is always right, especially when they're wrong.

Offline Belker

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 02:02:30 am »
If in any doubt and it's a 50/50 route, I'll always ask the customer fer their preferred route whilst offering my own suggestion at the beginning of the journey, it can save a lorra hassel at the end.

And if you do happen to make a bollix of yourself and go the wrong way, then just knock a few Euro off and usually they are pleased with that. Never ever ask; "How much do you usually pay ?" if you have taken a wrong route, because they will always come out with some ludicrous low quote.

dalymount

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 08:25:07 am »
I always ask if there is any particular way you would like me to go.even then some of them give you the 3 rd degree if you meet traffic

john m

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 08:29:30 am »
I would take the Peamount rout as it gives you more options to avoid traffic if you hit traffic on the Nass road you options are fewer .I think going to the Airport you have to consider the FASTEST rout as the plane wont wait and that might not necessarily be the shortest .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 08:30:59 am »
You're out there competing against Google maps.Especially on app work it's very likely the passenger is double-checking your route against their phones.You might think their texting but often they have maps open.Remember these people think Google maps is always right because that's all they know.

Offline Tony

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 09:35:44 am »
Similar situation myself a few weeks back, picked up in the k club to airport at 7.30am so i opted for the naas rd rather than battle the traffic around celbridge, the usually shite the other driver didn't bring us this way blah blah blah... Luckily enough the nass rd and m50 were moving quite well for that time of the morning so when i got to the airport the lady started to complain as to why i was €12 cheaper than the taxi that brought her there, you just can win with some cunts
Mr. T-bag to you

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 09:53:14 am »
Yeah had the same myself got a job from Barrow street to Galway(400 cash) then on the way back home got flagged down just outside of Galway city..going to Dublin Airport.When we got to the Airport there was 462.50 on the meter and yer man says that's very expensive you must have brought me the long way so I just said give us 450 and I fukked off home early and had a steak dinner.

Has anyone else on here gotten any decent jobs lately...Cunts.

Offline Tony

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 10:08:32 am »
Yeah had the same myself got a job from Barrow street to Galway(400 cash) then on the way back home got flagged down just outside of Galway city..going to Dublin Airport.When we got to the Airport there was 462.50 on the meter and yer man says that's very expensive you must have brought me the long way so I just said give us 450 and I fukked off home early and had a steak dinner.

rofl rofl rofl
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline vandriver

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2020, 10:53:49 am »
I got an Uber job from zone 18 to the Maldron.Almost as good!

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2020, 12:34:32 pm »

Do you have a Galway licence?

would ye not use the taxi fare estimator to prove to them you are not ripping them off?

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 12:39:42 pm »
No it didn't happen ,I was just illustrating how quickly these threads turn into a pissing contest.Taxi drivers are spoofing bastards.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2020, 01:21:29 pm »
Google Maps will show you all the options and the difference in time taking current traffic into account.

Offline Tony

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2020, 01:33:37 pm »

Do you have a Galway licence?

would ye not use the taxi fare estimator to prove to them you are not ripping them off?

Did you know that they changed the way they spell gullible in the Oxford dictionary taxi 1990?
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Tony

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2020, 01:34:53 pm »
No it didn't happen ,I was just illustrating how quickly these threads turn into a pissing contest.Taxi drivers are spoofing bastards.

That was a true story mfh, sure why would i lie to you?

Just as well i didn't tell you about the job i got  from the red cow to kilkenny before Christmas
That would really boil your piss
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 01:38:46 pm by Tony »
Mr. T-bag to you

Show Unread Posts