Author Topic: Cork Taxi lawlessness  (Read 1675 times)

john m

Cork Taxi lawlessness
« on: February 17, 2020, 05:19:44 pm »
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/gardai-back-calls-to-stop-taxis-parking-in-cork-cycle-lanes-982249.html

Gardaí have backed calls to stop taxis parking in the cycle lane on Cork's Washington Street.

It came as part of the public consultation on new taxi bylaws in the city.

Offline silverbullet

Re: Cork Taxi lawlessness
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 05:57:42 pm »
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/gardai-back-calls-to-stop-taxis-parking-in-cork-cycle-lanes-982249.html

Gardaí have backed calls to stop taxis parking in the cycle lane on Cork's Washington Street.

It came as part of the public consultation on new taxi bylaws in the city.
Dublin taxi drivers park on double yellow lines and a cycle lane and a clearway outside McDonald's.

dalymount

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 06:01:12 pm »
I blame ken

Offline watty

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 06:26:53 pm »

They have to say stuff like that in public.  But when it's 2am and the clubs are emptying out, they'll be happy for the taxis to be there.

dalymount

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 06:38:27 pm »
Just look at Harcourt st on a weekend night.the cops are glad to have the taxis there.rhw type of illegal parking that pisses me off is,when im on the small rank outside PWC and the scumbags are illegally parked at the boat resteraunt just opposite robbing the work that should be coming to me

Offline watty

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 07:32:20 pm »
Just look at Harcourt st on a weekend night.the cops are glad to have the taxis there.rhw type of illegal parking that pisses me off is,when im on the small rank outside PWC and the scumbags are illegally parked at the boat resteraunt just opposite robbing the work that should be coming to me

I made a living,based on about 27/28 hours a week without a dispatcher. <snip>
Could you not rank outside to 'the boat'?  I know you have principles 'n all that but it might reduce the 5-6 hrs/night you work  :P

dalymount

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 08:05:01 pm »
No I wont join the ranks of the illegal scumbags,and how brazen they are is unbelievable

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 12:02:38 am »
If you ranked in Coolock you wouldn't see all the work going off the unofficial stand unless you looked in the mirror.

Offline Belker

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 08:09:25 am »
Among the representations made during the public consultation was one from An Garda Síochána which called for the provision of a taxi rank on Washington Street "so that revellers can be brought away from the area late at night/early morning, thereby somewhat reducing the potential for public order incidents".

But gardaí also called for an end "to the practice of taxis stopping in the cycle lane on Washington Street during the peak nightlife hours" instead suggesting a time-shared lane or bay could be made on Washington Street.

So which is it ?

The old night time Taxi rank on Washington street was replaced by a cycle lane and then there was some heated discussion which was resolved in that Taxies were kinda allowed to rank there late at night, but then of course the Cork Taxi drivers rode it and were ranking there from 6pm on at weekends.

Show Unread Posts