Author Topic: one roof sign, more than one driver ...  (Read 5467 times)

Offline Davy Boy

• Valued Contributor
one roof sign, more than one driver ...
« on: February 18, 2020, 01:54:52 pm »
Can anyone clarify the rules around  Area Stickers on Roof Sign and multiple drivers :
Lets say Driver No.1 is licensed to ply for hire in Dublin and Kildare , the roof sign has "D" & "KE"
Driver No.2 is licensed to ply for hire in Kildare only.
Does Driver No.2 have to change the Roof Sign ?

This from the Regs. :
"The area sticker (or stickers) indicating the county (or counties) in which the driver is
licensed to stand or ply for hire. If the vehicle is driven as a taxi by more than one driver,
each of whom is licensed for different counties, a different roof sign MAY be needed for
each driver"
Thanks for any advice
Davy

Offline Tony

Re: one roof sign, more than one driver ...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 02:04:05 pm »
Simply answer is no
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 02:06:26 pm »
I read it as if one driver only has Dublin and the other only has Kildare they shouldn't be displaying each others area.That's why they say MAY be needed.

Easy solution would be to put both area stickers on the roofsign and cover the one you don't have.Save yourself 200 euro.

Nobody really pays much attention to roof stickers nowadays since we all have the Driver app to snoop and squeal on each other.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 03:57:57 pm »
you have C for Cork and T for Tipperary.
it would be brilliant if there were other counties with the abbreviations U and N.
i'd be the first to get CUNT on the roofie.

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 11:05:17 pm »
Simply told earlier...the answer is no....do yessers read the posts on here?
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Tony

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 04:01:06 am »
Simply told earlier...the answer is no....do yessers read the posts on here?

Yisser.... Learn how to type proper dublineese ffs.
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Belker

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 05:11:34 am »
Can anyone clarify the rules around  Area Stickers on Roof Sign and multiple drivers :
Lets say Driver No.1 is licensed to ply for hire in Dublin and Kildare , the roof sign has "D" & "KE"
Driver No.2 is licensed to ply for hire in Kildare only.
Does Driver No.2 have to change the Roof Sign ?

This from the Regs. :
"The area sticker (or stickers) indicating the county (or counties) in which the driver is
licensed to stand or ply for hire. If the vehicle is driven as a taxi by more than one driver,
each of whom is licensed for different counties, a different roof sign MAY be needed for
each driver"
Thanks for any advice
Davy
It is indeed an offence fer Taxi driver 2 to ply fer hire in Dublin with only a Kildare licence,
as fer plying fer work in Kildare with a D sticker, I don't see any mention of that on the NTA website.

A few excerpts from NTA website;
Area stickers SPSV Regulations stipulate that the driver of a taxi or wheelchair-accessible taxi must display an area sticker on their roof sign. The area sticker is a silver coloured sticker with a one-or two-letter code denoting the county in which the SPSV driver is licensed to stand or ply for hire. Multiple stickers can be affixed if the driver is licensed for more than one county. It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure the correct area sticker is affixed to the operational roof sign. Drivers who fail to display the appropriate area sticker while standing or plying for hire may incur a fixed payment penalty. Failure to comply with taxi roof sign requirements €40.

Offline Belker

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 05:16:50 am »
To add; You don't need to change the whole roofsign but just change the sleeves would suffice or as MFH already mentioned just put a blank sticker or a birra duct tape over the D part when the Kildare only man is driving the cab.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 08:58:03 am »
Area stickers SPSV Regulations stipulate that the driver of a taxi or wheelchair-accessible taxi must display an area sticker on their roof sign.

I think that closes this thread, once he has a sticker that covers his licence he's OK
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 10:22:35 am »
I think you have closed the thread..........unless....
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2020, 08:11:40 pm »
You cannot ply for hire BUT you can work the App.

john m

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2020, 07:08:46 am »
The LAW is the Drivers area of operation as displayed on his Licence takes president as to where the Driver can Work .Taxis are licenced to work 26 counties .The shiney roof sticker has no legal standing .It is indicitive of the drivers area of operation but is not a sticker to work an area if the driver is not licenced for that area .

john m

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2020, 11:13:36 am »
When I say Area you can work I mean STAND FOR HIRE apps or prebooks dont count as standing for hire .Stickers on roofies were asked for by reps so their members would have something to talk about and pay for .

john m

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2020, 12:21:03 pm »
Define Standing For Hire .Does it mean standing on a Taxi Stand  available for hire or cruising for hire .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2020, 12:50:04 pm »
Define Standing For Hire .Does it mean standing on a Taxi Stand  available for hire or cruising for hire .

Yes.

Show Unread Posts