Author Topic: 9 Darter in Dublin.  (Read 1590 times)

The Liffey Lip

9 Darter in Dublin.
« on: February 28, 2020, 08:04:10 am »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: 9 Darter in Dublin.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 12:53:35 pm »
Indeed... but it prompted some rather loutish behaviour from the crowd, reminiscent of the final Wright shoulda won against van Gerwen in the London 3 Arena a few years back... i.e. the throwing of pints of extremely expensive beer. Apparently it's something that's commonplace in certain soccer stadiums... anyway once Smith opened the floodgate (almost literally) it continued every time O'Connor hit a 180 or won a leg. Fortunately a lady behind me had managed to smuggle an umbrella into the arena.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 12:56:50 pm »
Would've gone except for the tiredness, shits and general malaise felt after returning home to a rain-soaked kip and having to transport 3 teen louts to Omagh tomorrow for the Dubs v Tyrone game. That said, Smith is a pleasure to watch when he's on form.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 01:02:13 pm »
Wasn't a whole lot of world class stuff in it apart from the 9 darter and the odd decent finish, to be honest. Even Smith had to rely on Gurney to throw it away in the end... and as for the world champion, pure shite he was... and let me younger not so young lad down for the 5 fold!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 01:05:53 pm »
Gurney needs a slap with all that kissing stuff. Jesus, for a fine big Nordie...what's he at???.... the lads on the Waterside won't be long havin' a wee word.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 01:31:27 pm »
I wonder if it's actually beer in the pint glasses.At the recent Oasis concert I was told the lads wouldn't be wasting good alcohol and instead piss in the glass that's thrown.Lovely.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 03:41:07 pm »
Probably got my own back anyway. I reckon we could well have travelled up to Dublin on that train the infected Northerners took to Belfast... give it 14 days and every dart team in the country will be infected... and they may as well convert Wetherspoons (Abbey St) into an emergency isolation unit while they're at it!

Show Unread Posts