Author Topic: Still foolhardy enough to work?  (Read 57403 times)

Offline dublin2018

Re: Still foolhardy enough to work?
« Reply #255 on: March 27, 2020, 07:04:36 pm »
I called Aviva today ,They email me a declaration that I had to sign saying no taxiwork,but domestic and social use and when i want to go back taxi ,call to reverse and they send me a cheque .My discs and policy stay with me.At least its something back in times like this

dalymount

« Reply #256 on: March 27, 2020, 07:08:31 pm »
I only pay by the month,so I dont know what the story would be

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #257 on: March 27, 2020, 07:20:40 pm »
I called Aviva today ,They email me a declaration that I had to sign saying no taxiwork,but domestic and social use and when i want to go back taxi ,call to reverse and they send me a cheque .My discs and policy stay with me.At least its something back in times like this
Cheers for the info.

Offline watty

« Reply #258 on: March 27, 2020, 07:32:15 pm »
Horrible thought but would the Road Tax people want extra coin if your taxi is not a taxi for a month or two?  €90/yr v. ??

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #259 on: March 27, 2020, 07:41:06 pm »
Horrible thought but would the Road Tax people want extra coin if your taxi is not a taxi for a month or two?  €90/yr v. ??

They'd want to be some cunts,the Gardai would be the only interested party there but i think in these exceptional times that would be a tad harsh.

Offline Belker

« Reply #260 on: March 28, 2020, 07:25:07 am »
This was spoken of before on another thread, which I can't recall much about, but I do remember the topic was about selling on your Joe privately after it's 10 years of service and some of the wiser folk on here stated that once the car was taxed regardless as what it was taxed under then that tax carried through till year end.

dalymount

« Reply #261 on: March 28, 2020, 07:31:28 am »
Is there any point in cancelling insurance for say one month,or can you even do that  ?

Offline Belker

« Reply #262 on: March 28, 2020, 07:47:39 am »
Question for tis.I dont think ill be back driving a taxi at all,but certainly not for the next 3 months at least.question is this can I cancel my insurance for that period of 3 months,or do I have to continu paying it throuhout the time ill ill be in here plus recovery time

I found this on the Axa website;

If you’ll be away for less than a year:

If you have other named drivers on your policy who will be driving your car while you’re away, you should keep the policy as-is.
If your car won’t be used for 28 days or more, you can suspend your insurance instead of cancelling it. All you have to do is return your certificate and disc to your insurer. This will give you a pro-rata refund of 75% of the premium you paid at the last renewal date for the suspension period based on the amount of time your car is out of use. Keep in mind there could be some administration fees with this.
If you suspend your policy, you and any other named driver(s) will have no cover to drive the car, but you may still be covered against fire or theft. Check the specific terms of your coverage to be sure this applies to you.
If you are having too much fun to come home and decide to extend your time abroad, taking you into a new period of insurance, your best option is to cancel your contract.

Full Axa details; https://www.axa.ie/help/article/policy-holders-with-a-ncd-moving-abroad/

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #263 on: March 28, 2020, 11:04:36 am »
It's  very messy to meddle with your insurance or tax in the short term.. Now if we we had any idea how long this will last..
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Horse

« Reply #264 on: March 28, 2020, 11:23:01 am »
Linda Lusardi has it and is not well. I have to admit I had a crush on her when I was a young lad.

Me too. Wasnt that mad into samantha fox, her tits were just a tad too big. Shit music too.

john m

« Reply #265 on: March 28, 2020, 11:37:04 am »
It's  very messy to meddle with your insurance or tax in the short term.. Now if we we had any idea how long this will last..

Here is my thinking Im looking at a Minimum of 3 months .It took 3 months in Wouhan and thats the only guide we have .If you have a car loan ring them they will suspend it for a while they dont want defaults as that effects Their Credit worthiness same with Credit Cards .If you are stuck for coin take the 3 month mortgage hiatus .There is nothing we can do to stop the virus but you can look after your own health as best you can and look after your mental health losing it and saying stuff you know you mean but never said is not a good idea ,stress will play a big part in sitting at home so if your pissed off get on here and abuse us We know its banter but it might just keep you sane .SANE In THIS FOUR POSTER BEXROOM .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #266 on: March 28, 2020, 11:53:24 am »
By taking the PSV cover off my policy they said it represented 75% of my premium.That's approximately €115 per month.For some others it could be much more.

dalymount

« Reply #267 on: March 28, 2020, 12:02:36 pm »
Ah I think I'l leave it,it sounds more trouble then its worth

Offline Belker

« Reply #268 on: March 28, 2020, 12:09:56 pm »
Linda Lusardi has it and is not well. I have to admit I had a crush on her when I was a young lad.

Me too. Wasnt that mad into samantha fox, her tits were just a tad too big. Shit music too.
She broke a lorra erections hearts when she came out as a Muff Tucker !

Offline Horse

« Reply #269 on: March 28, 2020, 12:11:18 pm »
Didn't know she was a carpet muncher ken

Show Unread Posts