Author Topic: Insisting on card payment may not be legal (says the internet)  (Read 8615 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Insisting on card payment may not be legal (says the internet)
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2020, 10:07:59 am »
I still enjoy the odd tipple but I have been exercising restraint to reasonable effect... my problem is a glass can easily turn into a bottle.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2020, 10:11:08 am »
Stock up.........wait for the alcohol-derpivation war...........and sell it from the back of your shed....money to be made. That's how JFK's aulfella made his money.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2020, 10:23:18 am »
... and why JFK died?

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2020, 10:25:27 am »
Conspiracy Nutters (John M and the likes) would say so.............not me, I'm more inclined to think he challenged the military head-on....Sam Giancana reckins he had him done in as he was owed money by his bootlegger dad.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2020, 01:25:24 pm »
Conspiracy Nutters (John M and the likes) would say so.............not me, I'm more inclined to think he challenged the military head-on....Sam Giancana reckins he had him done in as he was owed money by his bootlegger dad.
I used to smoke weed with  a lad we called Grassy Noel, but he has an alibi.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2020, 02:16:58 pm »

Aha...a laugh at least....don't ever give up, Silver....some of these TOM's (Trails of Misery) need to be reminded that a sense of humour stemmed from hardship in the first place.....As Pierpoint (jnr) used regularly to say to his prey...."wet and slippy, here along the gallows....fuck you pal, I've to walk back",

john m

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2020, 02:28:07 pm »
Well I have not even read the posts on this ,just the headline and I totally agree that it is illegal to insist on card payment.in the very same way as it is illegal for the NTA to insist that we must take card payment

Typical taxi drivers reply to being offered payment .You couldnt make this nonsense up .

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2020, 03:34:21 pm »

Aha...a laugh at least....don't ever give up, Silver....some of these TOM's (Trails of Misery) need to be reminded that a sense of humour stemmed from hardship in the first place.....As Pierpoint (jnr) used regularly to say to his prey...."wet and slippy, here along the gallows....fuck you pal, I've to walk back",
He retired early citing he was at the end of his tether.  8)

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2020, 05:10:14 pm »
Yep....lived his last days out near The Gorballs...Gallowgate.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2020, 08:18:46 pm »
Yep....lived his last days out near The Gorballs...Gallowgate.

I lived beside the Gorbals in the early '80s.
And I get Gallowgate. 8)

When Billy Connolly did The Crucifixion he said Jesus was not from Galilee, but Gallowgate!

8)

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2020, 10:11:01 pm »
Shitehole....walked all the way back from Celtic Park to London Rd with half a keg on me in the early 90's....LVF murals all over the kip...Brigton to London Rd....the most socially deprived kip in Europe....

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2020, 10:17:11 pm »
Shitehole....walked all the way back from Celtic Park to London Rd with half a keg on me in the early 90's....LVF murals all over the kip...Brigton to London Rd....the most socially deprived kip in Europe....
The Gorbals was levelled in the 80's.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2020, 10:19:02 pm »
Talking about the area itself.....kip all the way down from Paradise...btw McGinley's coaches still have The Gorbals vicinity listed as a collection point....load of Barras!

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2020, 10:21:35 pm »
Talking about the area itself.....kip all the way down from Paradise...btw McGinley's coaches still have The Gorbals vicinity listed as a collection point....load of Barras!
The Saracens Head known as the Sorry Heid was in the Barras, roughest pub inn Scotland.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2020, 10:23:30 pm »
The Vital Spark and Betty's Bar were worse.....pissing on sawdust at 3 in the afternoon...

Show Unread Posts