Author Topic: The 203 has been increased to 305 (self employed included).  (Read 13584 times)

john m

Re: The 203 has been increased to 305 (self employed included).
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2020, 06:36:15 pm »
I applied 14 days ago even supported by a doctors cert ,and still no payment.apperently there is what they call a decision letter in the post for me

Dollymount Did you fill in the Yellow form ? You are applying for two weeks sick .You dont have the Virus so you do not qualify for the Covid self isolating payment ,you are self employed so you dont qualify for ordinary sick pay .Go on line and apply for the Covid no more work payment there is a LINK up here .

What makes you think your two week sicknote will be paid when your previous four months with a fractured pump you got fuck all why did you not apply for and get the sick when you were really sick and hospitalised .APPLY NOW .

AH FUCK IT I TOLD YOU SO NA NA NA NA NA .

dalymount

« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2020, 07:18:37 pm »
But John tou said I would not be paid alright,but it was for entirely different reasons I was not paid.the class s stamp does not qualify

john m

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2020, 07:21:24 pm »
But John tou said I would not be paid alright,but it was for entirely different reasons I was not paid.the class s stamp does not qualify

you are self employed so you dont qualify for ordinary sick pay .DIFFERENT THAN THIS ?

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2020, 07:38:34 pm »
We should consider ourselves lucky the brits deal for the self-employed is 80% of net profit over the last three years.

On the 350 payment I'm about 190 better off than if we had that deal.Although I suspect some others do much better getting assessed under that British 80% method.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2020, 07:52:24 pm »
It's the same rate as the able bodied COVID dole now anyway, DM. However, the COVID 19 scheme was advertised as being available to self-employed. They seem to have processed your application as normal Illness Benefit, a road we've been down before when you were laid up.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/covid19_and_social_welfare.html

People who are sick and cannot work

The rules for Illness Benefit and Supplementary Welfare Allowance have been changed to help prevent the transmission of coronavirus. The changes mean that if you are diagnosed with COVID-19 or are suspected of having COVID-19 and are medically required to self-isolate, you can get income support.

The changes are:

You do not have to wait 6 days before you can apply for Illness Benefit. This means Illness Benefit can cover the first week of a COVID-19 diagnosis (or medically-required self-isolation) and any subsequent weeks.

The personal rate of Illness Benefit for people affected by COVID-19 has increased to €350 per week. It will be paid for a maximum of 2 weeks where a person is self-isolating and for a maximum of 10 weeks if a person has been diagnosed with COVID-19 (Coronavirus). If you have been certified for less than 10 weeks, you will be paid for the duration of your certificate.

The normal social insurance requirements for Illness Benefit will be waived or the means test for Supplementary Welfare Allowance will be removed, if you are medically required to self-isolate or diagnosed with COVID-19.

The Government has also stated that self-employed people will be able to get either Illness Benefit or Supplementary Welfare Allowance.

dalymount

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2020, 08:42:51 pm »
Rat I only submitted the firm I was given by the doctor

john m

« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2020, 10:55:57 pm »
There was a warning from Minister for Business Heather Humphreys too, who told the Dáil that the pandemic unemployment payment was a solidarity payment and anyone attempting to defraud would face the full rigours of the law.  .

Offline Belker

« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2020, 06:21:18 am »
The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection has said that nearly all unemployment benefit claims received since 19 March and up to close of business today (Thurs) will be processed for payment tomorrow and will hit customers' bank accounts on Tuesday.

According to the Department, the first Covid-19 related payments for approximately 90% of claims received between 13-19 March were issued last Friday, 20 March, and were in customers' bank accounts the following  Tuesday.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0326/1126664-department-confirms-benefit-payments-being-processed/

Offline watty

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2020, 09:39:35 am »
I thought I'd heard her on the radio mid-week saying there would a payment today and then revert to a regular Tues next week.  Just checked - no payment into my account today (Fri).  :'(  It's getting real now.  The last payment into my account was a whopping €15 from FN 10 days ago!

Having a debate with myself whether beer counts as an essential food item  :2cheers

Offline Belker

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2020, 10:17:19 am »
I thought I'd heard her on the radio mid-week saying there would a payment today and then revert to a regular Tues next week.  Just checked - no payment into my account today (Fri).  :'(  It's getting real now.  The last payment into my account was a whopping €15 from FN 10 days ago!

Having a debate with myself whether beer counts as an essential food item  :2cheers

It depends on when you applied.
If you applied between 13-19 March then you should have got the lower rate of 203 last Tuesday. (Since increased).
If you applied since 19 -26 March then you should get the higher rate of 350 next Tuesday.

Fer myself if nothing shows by next Wednesday (applied by post Friday evening 19th) then I will be ringing them.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2020, 10:19:20 am »
They're very very very busy.Dont expect anything in a hurry.We are very lucky to be getting anything.

Offline sore

« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2020, 11:19:59 am »
@sore,
That's a change to last weeks page,you couldn't apply online but only download the original Covid-19 Emergency Payment form for the €203 payment,
I still haven't received any payment as per other posters but i'm sure they're busy.

Hal just heard from a mate who applied sometime ago and got no payment as of today, he rang them and they said they had not received the
application and was advised to apply online. they say ok to apply online even if submitted paper, whichever they receive first will be procecessed.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2020, 11:22:32 am »
My money is on the online one.

Offline Belker

« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2020, 11:29:09 am »
I dunno did I fill out the postal form correctly, the amount of spaces/boxes they left fer the BIC was 2 more than I needed and the amount of spaces/boxes provided fer the IBAN was about 5 short. I treble checked it (with reading glasses on) and sober.

Anyone else have this issue ?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2020, 11:30:03 am »
No. There was at least one extra box for all data I entered.

Show Unread Posts