Author Topic: Suspending your Taxi Licence  (Read 8488 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Suspending your Taxi Licence
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2020, 01:53:40 pm »
They were probably closed when you rang. If you're with Axa (and I know you are) you must inform NTA if you have suspended your PSV insurance (and I know you have) and you must break the driver/vehicle link on the Trade app and you must remove the roof sign from your car. I guess you can put yours in your shed.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2020, 02:02:07 pm »
I can see from here that you haven't done at least one of those...

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2020, 02:27:37 pm »
Yeah...i can't break the link cos i can't access the app....will have to ring...i was actually holding but needed to do something..

dalymount

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2020, 03:08:25 pm »
Just got on to the NTA (phone call ) broke link then on to BJP who gave me a number for AXA  in Derry.no problem 60% off

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2020, 03:54:35 pm »
Yeah...i can't break the link cos i can't access the app....will have to ring...i was actually holding but needed to do something..
Ring Now.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2020, 04:55:27 pm »
Wats the problem just phoning insurance and getting private and saying fuk all to nobody....why get caught up in technicality regarding licence and possibly creating work and expenses down the line wen things improve.....the rules are gone ere out the window and my only worry would be with the insurance companies trying to take advantage if you break a contract as we all know they are crooks and gangsters running a cartel in ireland ...
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2020, 04:57:00 pm »
And wat savings is ther to be had by postpone licence?
Dont understand this

dalymount

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2020, 05:17:54 pm »
Ocky .Obviously the cost of taxi insurance is considerably more then ordinary motor insurance.now because there are drivers who are not working as taxi drivers at the moment,they cannot be expected to pay taxi rates.so you should ring the NTA and break the link,declaring your car to be an ordinary car for the duration of covid 19 then when you have done that ,you ring your insurance company telling them you have rang the NTA and broken the link,and then they will give you a rate as an ordinary motorist,and not a taxi.I saved 60% by doing this

dalymount

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2020, 05:20:10 pm »
Its also a good way to prove you were not working and picking up the 350 a week as well if questions are asked at a later stage

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2020, 05:28:36 pm »
Axa never asked me to break any link.The NTA want us to break it because they can mark us off the list when they're trying to catch an outbreak after someone comes into contact with us..They obviously believe there's a bigger threat to our health but some hospitals and wheelchair folks depend on us to get to appointments.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2020, 05:34:02 pm »
Lots of alcos need us to get to the off licence and shops and chemists.But taxis are way cheaper than using two qualified paramedics and an ambulance that they're already short of.

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2020, 06:47:41 pm »
Lots of alcos need us to get to the off licence and shops and chemists.But taxis are way cheaper than using two qualified paramedics and an ambulance that they're already short of.

Was in me local few months ago .....barman says to me .....see yur man over ther ....watch him ...dipso ...
...after he has a few an needs to go home he feigns a fit ....then someone will go over and pick him up  an bring him outside an give him the money for a taxi home ....hes bein doin it for yers all over dublin ......later on I came out the Jack's after havin a piss an yur man is on the ground pretendin to be havin a seizure...legs wobbling in the air an everything....an mate mine was picking him up an brought him outside ....the barman smilin at me ...anyway the mate comes in .....wat did yu do I said ....got him a taxi an gave him a score poor owl divil wasnt well..
Very good of ya
...I said

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2020, 06:52:53 pm »
I'll postpone me licence wen the nta send me email to do so ....they havnt sent me antin to the effect ...sure how wud I know any of that ..I'm a dope ....an why wud I take the inishitive....I cant even spell it .........

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2020, 06:57:16 pm »
I'll postpone me licence wen the nta send me email to do so ....they havnt sent me antin to the effect ...sure how wud I know any of that ..I'm a dope ....an why wud I take the inishitive....I cant even spell it .........
By unlinking from the NTA driver check you are effectively suspending your licence, as you are not permitted to work.

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/SPSV-Newsletter-Issue-23.pdf

dalymount

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2020, 09:17:30 pm »
Well I dont know about you lot,but I believe when the post Morton's are held after this is all over,and the cunts out there who are working and claiming the 350  a week.by breaking the link at least I will be able to prove I wasnt working and claiming at the same time.it is no big deal to re establish the link anyway its only a phone call

Show Unread Posts