Author Topic: Suspending your Taxi Licence  (Read 8361 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Suspending your Taxi Licence
« on: March 31, 2020, 12:22:37 pm »
If you've suspended your PSV insurance (as I have) it makes sense to suspend your licence. Currently you need to email taxis@nationaltransport.ie to request a suspension. The lady on the phone said you can choose one, two or three months. I went for one for the time being as that is all Axa is currently suspending policies for. I guess I can apply for further suspensions in due course in any event.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: Suspending your Taxi Licence
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 12:30:10 pm »
If you've suspended your PSV insurance (as I have) it makes sense to suspend your licence. Currently you need to email taxis@nationaltransport.ie to request a suspension. The lady on the phone said you can choose one, two or three months. I went for one for the time being as that is all Axa is currently suspending policies for. I guess I can apply for further suspensions in due course in any event.

Why suspend licence rat?
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

john m

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 12:31:00 pm »
Whats the benifit of suspending your licence Rodent why not just uncouple from the app leaving your licence valid .In my case there is no charge as I have been offered 3 months extension at no charge as my licence lapses this month ..If you suspend your licence for two months will the renewal be pushed out by two months .So why suspend your licence ?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 12:34:43 pm »
If your renewal isn't in the next few months you won't automatically get an extension. You vehicle doesn't need to be licensed - in fact the licence is not valid - if the vehicle isn't insured as a SPSV.

john m

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 12:36:45 pm »
If your renewal isn't in the next few months you won't automatically get an extension. You vehicle doesn't need to be licensed - in fact the licence is not valid - if the vehicle isn't insured as a SPSV.

So will they refund you pro rata .Whats the benifit of suspending your licence ?

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 12:37:11 pm »
Do yis know If I opt for 3 months how difficult is it to get reactivated before then?

john m

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 12:39:03 pm »
Do yis know If I opt for 3 months how difficult is it to get reactivated before then?

What benifit are you acrewing by suspending your licence .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 12:40:18 pm »
She didn't say, MFH. I suspended my mortgage last week for 3 months and they made it clear there's no going back. Fortunately they didn't ask about Mrs. Catcher's income at all, just got he to "verbally sign" what, in effect, was my application. We've since found out that Mrs. C will most likely be paid in full for getting under my feet all day... ah well!

john m

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 12:40:24 pm »

Will you need to complete another Suitability to reactivate your licence ?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 12:42:42 pm »
So will they refund you pro rata .Whats the benifit of suspending your licence ?

Effectively, yes. The renewal date will be pushed back so you're not paying for months you're not using.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2020, 12:44:04 pm »
Will you need to complete another Suitability to reactivate your licence ?

No. It is automatically reactivated once the suspension period has expired. As above, I don't know if there's any option to reactivate it during that period.

john m

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2020, 12:44:44 pm »

Effectively, yes. The renewal date will be pushed back so you're not paying for months you're not using.

Do you have a Link Please or is this just supposition ?

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2020, 12:47:03 pm »
My licence expires towards the end of May.I'm getting paid off the state for 12 weeks at least so no real rush back on the road.

My thinking is they might tack on another three months to the 15 year rule as we were/are in difficult times.My Car is 15 in March 2021 and the end of it's life.Even though it's fine except for the dirt on it.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2020, 12:47:28 pm »
You may telephone 0761 064000 to confirm anything you doubt or don't understand, erm.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 01:35:24 pm »
I sent an email to them yesterday,no reply and when i rang it said they were closed.

Show Unread Posts