Author Topic: 50% discount  (Read 31624 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: 50% discount
« Reply #165 on: April 06, 2020, 12:44:43 am »
Sure the NTA think it's only licence holders whose cars will be 10yr old on Dec 31st will be affected by this global pandemic.....everyone else can go fuk themselves....Jan 1st.....everything will return to normal!!

dalymount

« Reply #166 on: April 06, 2020, 08:16:33 am »
You mean F/N don't give you a few grand for destroying your car ,?  Ocky I disagree with you for one reason if this was any other group if workers, they would indeed protest, and continue to do so. My opinion of taxi drivers  is they will come on here, and other forums moan like fukk, and as soon as things return to normal, they will be queuiing up to do F/N bidding.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #167 on: April 06, 2020, 08:56:23 am »
No ambassadors will be taking ther stickers off now ...we are looking at a depression for a year at least .....wen people start to get out and about again the work will be scarce enough that only ambassadors will get any work ....I warned you about this in October when I predicted a recession for different reasons but t hgyygg e outcome will be the same....
It's going to get ugly ...the resentment towards ambassadors and freenow is going to up tempo .....
I wouldnt like a new car with stickers all over it ...big minority the taxi drivers out ther are ex cons remember and sort out ther own disputes the only way they know how  ....
Ther will be protests of course outside mount street by the rest of us about the unfair priority freenow policy which is completely out of order and the government are to blame for letting it happen....
If you dont   have a pen and paper at yur suitability you fail or
A scratch on your car you fail your suitability yet freenow can dictate who gets the work ......the only way is to complain to the minister of transport....to  protest his office ...not freenow .....
The shit is going to hit the fan wen this virus settles down and yur €350 is withdrawn
another driver with a crystal ball, even a broken clock is right once a day so you never know, however preaching hope is far more beneficial than the doom and gloom you're spouting.
It mightn't be that bad

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #168 on: April 06, 2020, 09:24:45 am »
I thought a broken clock was right twice a day....but hey....it's probably a 24hr clock!!

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #169 on: April 06, 2020, 09:27:17 am »
No ambassadors will be taking ther stickers off now ...we are looking at a depression for a year at least .....wen people start to get out and about again the work will be scarce enough that only ambassadors will get any work ....I warned you about this in October when I predicted a recession for different reasons but t hgyygg e outcome will be the same....
It's going to get ugly ...the resentment towards ambassadors and freenow is going to up tempo .....
I wouldnt like a new car with stickers all over it ...big minority the taxi drivers out ther are ex cons remember and sort out ther own disputes the only way they know how  ....
Ther will be protests of course outside mount street by the rest of us about the unfair priority freenow policy which is completely out of order and the government are to blame for letting it happen....
If you dont   have a pen and paper at yur suitability you fail or
A scratch on your car you fail your suitability yet freenow can dictate who gets the work ......the only way is to complain to the minister of transport....to  protest his office ...not freenow .....
The shit is going to hit the fan wen this virus settles down and yur €350 is withdrawn
another driver with a crystal ball, even a broken clock is right once a day so you never know, however preaching hope is far more beneficial than the doom and gloom you're spouting.
It mightn't be that bad
If you cant beat them , join them, maybe all FN drivers will sticker up and become Ambassadors then its a fair and level playing ground for all. (and I'm not an ambassador)
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #170 on: April 06, 2020, 10:08:06 am »
Freenow will be the new 8202020.Renters and fulltimers who are desperate will cover whatever shit work they need to pay the the bills.

You don't need a crystal ball to understand human nature.Just think back to 2010 and you'll have a good idea where we are heading.

By the way Uber is the only app paying full fares to taxi drivers right now.Could be a good time to switch over again to kick Freenow in the rocks.

dalymount

« Reply #171 on: April 06, 2020, 10:46:59 am »
Why go to ANY of the cubts at all, why not do your own thing ?

« Reply #172 on: April 06, 2020, 10:52:52 am »
Because card payments are here to stay and if you are working days the suits like the apps.That's our bread and butter.They like the traceability and the emailed receipts.

Yes you can work the ranks but Dublin city centre has lost many of the shopper ranks.You could on a bad day earn a lot less than you would with the apps.I don't like them but I also don't like working 14 hours a day.

dalymount

« Reply #173 on: April 06, 2020, 11:16:05 am »
Ah I understand  for myself I only work Thurs Friday Saturday nights about 6 or 7 hours each night it's enough  I think

« Reply #174 on: April 06, 2020, 11:19:07 am »
6/7 hours on the day shift could be ok but considering where we might be going you could be grossing 60 quid for those hours.Not enough when it's costing 200 a week to be a taxi driver.You'd struggle to cover your costs in less than 2/3 shifts.

All about costs really.I could work for buttons if my overheads we're very low.

dalymount

« Reply #175 on: April 06, 2020, 11:29:33 am »
Ah well I still have pretty heavy overheads, but I still manage. I don't have a mortgage, but I have a very large CU loan which accounts for most. I'm in a CU that pays all my domostic bills I'm in it about 25 years now, and it's a great system

Offline Belker

« Reply #176 on: April 06, 2020, 01:40:42 pm »
Ah I understand  for myself I only work Thurs Friday Saturday nights about 6 or 7 hours each night it's enough  I think
If that's all your working then agreed YOU do not need any app or dispatcher, try working on Mon/Tues/Wed afternoons without a radio or an app and you will be whistling a different tune.

dalymount

« Reply #177 on: April 06, 2020, 02:45:03 pm »
I couldn't work days like you suggest, I don't think there are any places left in grangegorman . This is where I would end up if I had to work in Dublin traffic Grange Gorman mental institution.

Offline Belker

« Reply #178 on: April 06, 2020, 03:09:36 pm »
I couldn't work days like you suggest, I don't think there are any places left in grangegorman . This is where I would end up if I had to work in Dublin traffic Grange Gorman mental institution.
Another few weeks of this watching the 4 walls closing in and we will all be in Grangegorman !

« Reply #179 on: April 06, 2020, 03:20:28 pm »
This forum is the closest thing to the Gorman. It's turned into a college now anyway...very fancy altogether.

Show Unread Posts