Author Topic: RIP to The five London Bus Workers  (Read 5465 times)

Offline dublin2018

RIP to The five London Bus Workers
« on: April 04, 2020, 11:32:44 pm »
More shocking News across the Water .May they Rest in peace ...This Virus is Evil and nobody is safe ,stay home and save lives

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-52169002

Offline Horse

Re: RIP to The five London Bus Workers
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 11:40:40 pm »
May the drivers that are still working take heed and their families. RIP indeed.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 12:17:55 am »
Them lads would have security screens too.Something doesn't sound right.

Offline dublin2018

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 12:25:25 am »
Them lads would have security screens too.Something doesn't sound right.
My mate is a doctor he thinks it in air when infected people speak.Hence South korea they all wear MASKS and infection level is low.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 10:40:52 am »
They probably go to supermarkets and touch things like the rest of the population, MfH.

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 11:03:06 am »
It's possible one driver spread it in a bus/depot.

I dunno how wise it is putting all your faith in the HSE guidelines.This thing is airborne to a certain extent.I don't believe they're giving out the latest up to date information.

Why are the South Koreans all wearing masks but our government is telling us it's not needed.Lot of spoofing/ignorance is gonna cost lives after all this settles down.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 11:09:53 am »
From the outset Govt/HSE set out it's stall i.e. to slow the spread. Maybe there would be no spread if everyone wore masks and supermarkets facilitated recommended hand hygiene? Supply and demand is probably an issue, too... Front line workers are most at risk so it makes sene that HSE wants to protect supplies of masks for it's own front line workers and for it's execs to wear around the water cooler.

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 11:21:34 am »
As this thing goes on longer more relatively healthy people are getting very ill with this.Everything I've seen lately has been geared towards stopping the spread.

It's clear the poor bastards in the HSE are in over their heads.The lack of ventilators and isolation units will kill a lot of people who could have made it another twenty years.

As far as taxi and bus drivers are concerned we're just being used to facilitate the transport of healthcare workers.From what I can see we have been judged essential but expendable.

In thirty years it will be interesting to see the confidential government documents...if we make it thirty years.

Offline TheDevilHimself

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 11:28:48 am »
Firstly,   it was 5 London Bus workers not 5 drivers "It is understood three were drivers and two were controllers."

and the  Headline Says

"Coronavirus: Five London bus workers die, union confirms"

and then the sub leadline says.

"Five London bus workers have died after contracting coronavirus."

then it goes on to say very little about them. but rather provides a platform for Sadiq Khan to make his pronouncements.

It does not say that they died of Corona Virus, it is implied and not stated..

It would probably be just as honest  and accurate  to say that  that 5 busworkers  died after drinking  LT Canteen coffee..

I wonder how many londoners Die every day after  consuming drinking water supplied by Thames Water ? I imagine that would be a scary one if you put it  in a certain way   (if you wanted to sell bottled water)

Six legs good, four legs bad!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2020, 11:30:59 am »
If they wanted to stop it we would have had a Wuhan style lockdown from the outset, MfH. Instead we had two weeks of idiots (myself included) wandering round DIY/Household/Furniture stores followed by two weeks of idiots standing in line to get into infested supermarkets and going home to order pints of beer for delivery.

Everyone is expendable... heath care workers, supermarket workers, garage worker, emergency service workers, bus/train drivers, etc, etc, etc... the older / less healthy you are the more expendable you are, I guess... unless you're over 70 in which case you ought to be cocooned.

I doubt I'll see the papers but you might... the targets for spread, ICU cases and death would be interesting, particularly in the context of delayed test results.

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 11:38:19 am »
Do yis think they wanna sell hand sanitizer or something?Crash the economies all over the world to push an agenda?Millions on the scratcher to sell newspapers?Nobody wins from this.Even the billionaires can't leave their gaff.

The numbers are actually much bigger.Until they test everyone in the country on the same day all they have is a sample.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2020, 11:44:35 am »
You could also question how well controlled the sample is given the delays in test results.

I wonder if they have considered how well taxi drivers have fared given their contact with many high risk front line workers. Over three weeks on from Cheltenham and I'm only aware of one death that may or may not be relevant to driving a taxi, which is quite incredible given that very little advice was given to drivers. In fact, if "at risk" groups were advised against working the one that may or may not be relevant to trading wouldn't have occurred or wouldn't have been relevant to trading. As Free Now is the only organisation that has published advice to drivers maybe it's execs should be recruited to the HSE board?

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2020, 11:57:05 am »
You could also question how well controlled the sample is given the delays in test results.

I wonder if they have considered how well taxi drivers have fared given their contact with many high risk front line workers. Over three weeks on from Cheltenham and I'm only aware of one death that may or may not be relevant to driving a taxi, which is quite incredible given that very little advice was given to drivers. In fact, if "at risk" groups were advised against working the one that may or may not be relevant to trading wouldn't have occurred or wouldn't have been relevant to trading. As Free Now is the only organisation that has published advice to drivers maybe it's execs should be recruited to the HSE board?

You dont have the figures rat ...of how many drivers got it ...or are dying at this moment....or who ended up in icu ...or who are in ther now ..or who got permanent heart , lung , or kidney damage.....its impossible to know .....unless they survey afterward....
I've wondered about drivers bein exposed to every other virus every year ......I got the swine flu an aussie flu an every cold , bronchial infection every year since I started driving a taxi ....one wud wonder are taxi drivers maybe particularly hardy to flu considering they exposed to everything....after 20 yers perhaps yu cud have a robust immune systmn ....but again who's going survey the expendables as merc rightly  calls them  or freenow treats them .....
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2020, 12:02:27 pm »
Indeed. I'm sure Govt have the figures though. Obviously, I'm only going on what has been publicised. Vinny Kearns and others have been using the media to warn drivers against providing an essential service and, in doing so, had no problem sensationalising the death of a gentleman that hadn't driven a taxi for several months... hence I suspect we wouldn't be too long in hearing about any that may be relevant to trading decisions.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2020, 12:18:55 pm »
Indeed. I'm sure Govt have the figures though. Obviously, I'm only going on what has been publicised. Vinny Kearns and others have been using the media to warn drivers against providing an essential service and, in doing so, had no problem sensationalising the death of a gentleman that hadn't driven a taxi for several months... hence I suspect we wouldn't be too long in hearing about any that may be relevant to trading decisions.

Yes ...they shud of called it the covid 19  speculation virus ....
At the end of the day each of us had to decide what we wer going to do as wer wer not told or ordered off the streets .....
I'm a month off now and I have no regrets .......I'll stay off for a year or 2 if i have to ....i cudny give a toss about the Bill's....and i ain't paying nobody.......they can go to fuk ......you've got a look after number one .....
Its goin to get very  rough next few years now that the great depression will most likely descend upon us ....i consider meself unemployed now ......i just hope this doesn't lead to world conflict ...but for the moment it's looking good ...lots positives have emerged from it ...
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Show Unread Posts