Author Topic: Rock and a Hard place !  (Read 7925 times)

Offline Belker

Rock and a Hard place !
« on: April 09, 2020, 03:44:36 pm »
The Rock;
I'm not working since the Lockdown was announced and I am bored off my head at home. The Gov pay me 350 a week to sit here and watch netflix but the 4 walls are closing in.

The Hard Place;
I would love to go back to work, but there is little to no work out there and with FN very generousley offering healthcare worker 35% off our fare and little to nothing else available out there, I reckon I would be hard pushed to make the 350 in a week.

So am I a coward not to do my job as Taxi drivers are listed as Essential workers or am I a smart thinker to stay home safe and take the 350 on offer and not risk infecting myself or passing it on to others.

I'm 55 and a smoker, I share a hallway with 2 other residents in my apartment block, One is a elderly lady with a birra of a wine problem, the other is a gentleman who has been out of work almost 2 years with underlying health problems.
Would it be fair of me to go back to work and my spread this virus to my neighbours ? I doubt either would survive it.

john m

Re: Rock and a Hard place !
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 03:51:30 pm »
Ken take the coin this might last longer than 12 weeks a bird in the hand will shite on your wrist is better than shitting through a tube in a serious health condition .Find some mindless telly I watched Lovejoy im watching Last of the Summer wine on ordinary telly .Read up on Cork history and offer Tours of Cork to tourists after this .

Offline Horse

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 03:52:43 pm »
Stay home ken, take the 350 while they're giving it.

Offline sore

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 03:59:42 pm »
Is there anything you really wanted to learn about but no time before? Lets say learning German, or trading in bitcoin? Or maybe learning how to cook
chinese cuisine like a bat burger? Its about keeping the mind occupied, and filling up the time.

Offline Belker

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 04:05:41 pm »
Ken take the coin this might last longer than 12 weeks a bird in the hand will shite on your wrist is better than shitting through a tube in a serious health condition .Find some mindless telly I watched Lovejoy im watching Last of the Summer wine on ordinary telly .Read up on Cork history and offer Tours of Cork to tourists after this .
I went back to the spaghetti westerns all free on youtube, the good the bad and the ugly, fer a few dollars more, a fistful of dollars, Etc.... As I'm a big Clint fan prob move on to the magnum films soon.

Offline Belker

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 04:13:00 pm »
Is there anything you really wanted to learn about but no time before? Lets say learning German, or trading in bitcoin? Or maybe learning how to cook
chinese cuisine like a bat burger? Its about keeping the mind occupied, and filling up the time.
I do get fixations on people from time to time and google all their documentaries fer a week or so, Folk like Micheal Jackson, Freddie Mercury, Agnita Falstrom (Abba) was by far the most fascinating.

Offline watty

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 06:29:21 pm »
I think the smart thing is to stay at home.  The virus is still rampant in hospitals and nursing homes.  25% of the infected are health workers and you'd think they'd know about protection etc. 

As a taxi driver, you're driving around in a small metal box and you don't know who your customers are.  And you're medium-high risk with the smoking & sedentary lifestyle.  There's also your neighbours to think of as well.

Take the €350, stay home and stay alive!

dalymount

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 06:40:36 pm »
Ken quite seriously (and I thought about this only the other day) I am very interested in the history of the kilmichael ambush, and the exploits of general Ton Barry. I thought only the other day that I would ask you if you have any knowledge of it I think it happened in 1921 ,but I'm not sure the lads set out from the town of macroom on 21st now I. What was called crossly tenders. I don't know very much about it, but if you do know I'd love if you posted on here

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 07:19:50 pm »
I hope we gett another virus after this one .. greatbleedin holidays an gettin paid for it ...are ya fukin mad ...go back to work  :o   it's just a sign that yur not livin ken ...its a wake up call ....ger some hobbies...get off yur arse an take some exercise...fuk sake it's the opportunity of a lifetime to discover yurself and prepare for yur retirement........havin a fukin ball here ...long may it last
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 07:22:32 pm »
 What was called crossly tenders.

----------------------

They were small to medium sized trucks to move troops in.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2020, 08:15:45 pm »
Best to stay at home*, Ken. A 55 year old smoker is odds on to die if/when he gets the virus. If you hang on long enough they might find a cure.

*when I say stay at home what I actually mean is stay at home. No wandering around virus infested supermarkets or wandering the streets to sneer at those drivers who are providing a service and contributing to saving lives like yours.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2020, 10:30:10 pm »
The bro was telling me earlier that his wife's friend and work colleague got the virus from her sister who works in a nursing home.....they got a taxi in to the Croker testing area last Fri and found out on Monday that they were positive for Covid-19.....they asked for everyone they were in contact with.... any of youse fuks drop them in?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2020, 10:31:52 pm »
Did her sister get it in work?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2020, 10:35:35 pm »
Did her sister get it in work?

Yeah.....nursing home.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2020, 10:38:05 pm »
How does she know? A man on the wireless today suggested that only 25% of infected healthcare workers got infected at work.

Given that they both had it and neither knew until some time after they were tested is it not at least as likely that they caught it off the taximan who brought them to the test centre?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 10:40:39 pm by Rat Catcher »

Show Unread Posts