Author Topic: Return to work? 8th June? 29th June? 20th July?  (Read 24691 times)

Offline stonethecrows

Re: Return to work? 8th June? 29th June? 20th July?
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2020, 09:32:50 am »
My situation is that I'll be 66 on 29th June , (if I live) and that is also the day state pension kicks in
DM one especially for you to celebrate the 29th June.

A pensioner drove his brand new Mercedes to 100 mph, looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a police car behind him. He floored it to 140 , then 150, ... then 155, ... Suddenly he thought, "I'm too old for this nonsense !" So he pulled over to the side of the road and waited for the police car to catch up with him.

The officer walked up to him, looked at his watch and said, "Sir, my shift ends in ten minutes. Today is Friday and I'm taking off for the weekend with my family. If you can give me a good reason that I've never heard before, why you were speeding... I'll let you go."

The Man looked very seriously at the police man, and replied :- "Years ago, my wife ran off with a policeman, I thought you were bringing her back." !!!

The Cop left saying, " Have a good day, Sir "..
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline watty

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2020, 10:22:33 am »
Look at the graphic Bob Shillin posted and the dates 8th & 29th June.  (I'm getting my excuses in early) but it seems to me 29th June is the transition period when the 2m social distancing is relaxed a bit.  You and I have Octavia's.  The distance from me to my passengers is roughly 70cm (front) and 90cm (rear).   Until that 2m social distancing rule is relaxed, it could be argued I/we would be breaking Govt guidelines if we did choose to work, essential service or not.

Also, I think we both missed the first week or two of the emergency payment.  If I've done my maths right, *my* 12 weeks emergency payment runs out at the end of June anyways...  Could be karma?
I think that you are making the mistake of thinking that when the powers that be refer to "public transport" that taxis are even in their consciousness.
I personally don't think we're an essential service.  Maybe the city needs a few taxis per day at the moment but it doesn't need 10,000!

One problem might be that there are several 'powers that be'.  The Govt 'powers that be' put taxis on the essential service list.  The Health 'powers that be' might suggest we don't work because of social distancing.  The NTA seem, to me, to be sitting on the fence & saying nuthin'.  But what if Social Welfare take a hard line and say we're an 'essential service' & there were a few drivers working so we weren't unemployed.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2020, 10:29:07 am »
I'd say there's a lot of drivers with underlying health problems......mainly mental health!!

dalymount

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2020, 10:30:45 am »
I just fail to see why taxis were deemed to be an essential service. There is no way those drivers could be making enough to justify working unless they are ALSO claiming the 3 and a half  I believe most of them are

dalymount

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2020, 10:32:01 am »
It's possible pressure from dispatchers had them deemed to be essiential service

Offline watty

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2020, 10:41:12 am »
I say most were getting away from the wife/partner.  And another bunch of them were renters (New Irish).

dalymount

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2020, 10:48:31 am »
Funny enough, I didn't see that many foreigners driving, it was mostly auld fellas

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2020, 11:36:03 am »
My situation is that I'll be 66 on 29th June , (if I live) and that is also the day state pension kicks in
DM one especially for you to celebrate the 29th June.

A pensioner drove his brand new Mercedes to 100 mph, looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a police car behind him. He floored it to 140 , then 150, ... then 155, ... Suddenly he thought, "I'm too old for this nonsense !" So he pulled over to the side of the road and waited for the police car to catch up with him.

The officer walked up to him, looked at his watch and said, "Sir, my shift ends in ten minutes. Today is Friday and I'm taking off for the weekend with my family. If you can give me a good reason that I've never heard before, why you were speeding... I'll let you go."

The Man looked very seriously at the police man, and replied :- "Years ago, my wife ran off with a policeman, I thought you were bringing her back." !!!

The Cop left saying, " Have a good day, Sir "..

rofl rofl

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2020, 11:56:11 am »
I discovered that the guy I've been passing work on to put "part time" on the €350 application form and has been receiving the payment and working (part time) ..interesting?

Offline watty

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2020, 12:04:57 pm »
Once it puts in a proper application form like we're all supposed to do, the Dept will balance it out and he'll probably have to pay some of the €350 back.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2020, 12:08:07 pm »
I thought it was June 16 but from what Rat seems to believe it'll be June 8, pisser

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2020, 12:16:25 pm »
I say most were getting away from the wife/partner.  And another bunch of them were renters (New Irish).
+1.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2020, 12:38:49 pm »
I took a longer spin through town yesterday evening and noticed a good few older lads working away.17*** plates with no masks.They looked like pensioners to me.Maybe they think it's all a big hoax.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2020, 12:43:37 pm »
I took a longer spin through town yesterday evening and noticed a good few older lads working away.17*** plates with no masks.They looked like pensioners to me.Maybe they think it's all a big hoax.
As per my mainly pensioners post.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2020, 01:23:02 pm »
Finally got that ensuite door sorted.....feelin better already about returning to "work"
Might go to Termo beach for my 5k walk today!!

Show Unread Posts