Author Topic: Return to work? 8th June? 29th June? 20th July?  (Read 25100 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Return to work? 8th June? 29th June? 20th July?
« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2020, 03:12:14 pm »
True. I had the same problem myself... cost me €553... as, to add insult to injury, they decided to stop backdating payments the day before I rang to chase mine up.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2020, 03:12:43 pm »
The original application for Jobseekers was supposed to be applied for within a period when the payment was €203.....obviously the amount was increased along with 12 weeks and i didn't see anything with regard to applying for Jobseekers when the payment and extended period applied....if they're thinking of extending the payment albeit at a reduced level then maybe you need not apply for Jobseekers.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #152 on: May 20, 2020, 03:15:34 pm »
Maybe... They don't seem to be in any hurry to tell us. The same T&Cs applied after the rate was increased, I applied online after they had no record of muy original paper application and it said the same thing i.e. you must apply for Jobseekers to facilitate reconciliation of payments.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #153 on: May 20, 2020, 03:18:28 pm »
My contact in welfare says they're thinking about it.I'm not too bothered as I still haven't started spending week ones payment but I'm getting close...

If they cut me off completely I can afford another few weeks and possibly months off.I doubt they will though with so many businesses unable to open to full capacity.

If they want to close the economy down they must pay.They can't afford any second waves.Still only in phase one.

Offline Billy boy

« Reply #154 on: May 20, 2020, 04:35:15 pm »
I wouldn't have said this a week ago but I hope they cut the 350 on 10th June, as it will give me an excuse to go back working. I have had enough of this holiday now, id rather be out there earning 200 euro per week than getting 1000 euro a week sitting at home.
+1

Offline watty

« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2020, 05:41:48 pm »
Can't find the link now but the Indo had a story earlier today that SW will run out of money in a few weeks (because no new Govt = no 2020 budget).  The current Govt was/is planning to extend the emergency payment but for less money.  The Opposition see an opportunity and want the payment continued at the €350. 

So the Summer might get extended yet!

Offline watty

« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2020, 06:50:28 pm »
And here we go... Don't know if it'll apply to us but we can live in hope...

Regina Doherty: Covid payment will 'absolutely have to be extended'

Regina Doherty has confirmed the Covid-19 pandemic payment will "absolutely have to be extended".

Speaking in the Dáil, the Minister for Social Protection said although the government haven't made the official decision yet, she wished to "categorically put on the record", the payment "will stand for all of the phases until society is reopened again".

Ms Doherty acknowledged that the economy had been "put into sleep mode", and it was important that the state-supported those who had lost income through the pandemic.

Over 815,000 people have signed up to the Pandemic Unemployment Payment since it was introduced, the equivalent of a four-year caseload for the department, in two months.

The €350 per week payment is due to run out on June 9, however, a number of employment sectors will not be able to return to work at this time due to the state's stepwise plan to reopen lockdown restrictions.

Minister Doherty said that as the country reopens: "We're well aware it will be different times for different people, I can absolutely confirm the payment will be extended and is currently under active consideration" at department level.

"The actual dimensions of it are being made by my own department and department finance but we will continue to support people as we have done," she said.

<snip>

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2020, 07:28:51 pm »
Apart from the boredom which has hit me like a tonne of bricks the last few days, I don't want to see the country run out of money so if I can earn any few quid working, I think its better than taking 350 the country cant afford.

« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2020, 07:34:39 pm »
^^That's what I expected Watty but Passsscal also said today that unsustainable business models will not be supported indefinitely.

So they might pay us to keep us as standby, letting on taxi drivers for a bit longer but when we're only able to earn 400 and our expenses are 200 they might tell us to get lost and get another job.

We're probably gonna be a few thousand drivers too many after the lockdown.I wonder if the NTA have suspended their recruitment campaign and if they'll return the geography pass mark to 80% to ensure our sustainability Post COVID 19.

It's all a loada bollix..

« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 07:39:35 pm by mercenary for hire »

« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2020, 07:38:48 pm »
Boredom isn't such a bad thing 1990..you are free to sign off the COVID payment anytime you wish.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2020, 08:09:21 pm »
Boredom isn't such a bad thing 1990..you are free to sign off the COVID payment anytime you wish.

I miss meeting the customers and getting out and about, most of my customers are like friends. The last few weeks were probably needed to recharge the batteries but they are well recharged now at this point.

« Reply #161 on: May 20, 2020, 08:26:33 pm »
Hopefully you get a bit of relief soon.In Dublin we rarely get the same passengers twice in a year.I don't really talk to them at all.Not trying to be unfriendly but they're working on the phone while they're in the car so I leave them at it.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2020, 08:58:08 pm »
Hopefully you get a bit of relief soon.In Dublin we rarely get the same passengers twice in a year.I don't really talk to them at all.Not trying to be unfriendly but they're working on the phone while they're in the car so I leave them at it.

cheers. ah it will be all ok in the end. i reckon this time next year we will have nearly forgotten all about covid 19.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2020, 10:45:06 pm »
And here we go... Don't know if it'll apply to us but we can live in hope...

Regina Doherty: Covid payment will 'absolutely have to be extended'

Regina Doherty has confirmed the Covid-19 pandemic payment will "absolutely have to be extended".

Speaking in the Dáil, the Minister for Social Protection said although the government haven't made the official decision yet, she wished to "categorically put on the record", the payment "will stand for all of the phases until society is reopened again".

Ms Doherty acknowledged that the economy had been "put into sleep mode", and it was important that the state-supported those who had lost income through the pandemic.

Over 815,000 people have signed up to the Pandemic Unemployment Payment since it was introduced, the equivalent of a four-year caseload for the department, in two months.

The €350 per week payment is due to run out on June 9, however, a number of employment sectors will not be able to return to work at this time due to the state's stepwise plan to reopen lockdown restrictions.

Minister Doherty said that as the country reopens: "We're well aware it will be different times for different people, I can absolutely confirm the payment will be extended and is currently under active consideration" at department level.

"The actual dimensions of it are being made by my own department and department finance but we will continue to support people as we have done," she said.

<snip>

Interesting, 8th June was the date being drummed into us until now. Does 9th mean we'll be paid in full on the 9th?

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2020, 12:02:26 pm »
Should we bother extending the reduced insurance cover into June?

Show Unread Posts