Author Topic: Safely returning to work.  (Read 9211 times)

Offline Lizzzy

Re: Safely returning to work.
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2020, 02:57:36 pm »
I might be only 5'8".....but hung like a stallion!!
but hung like a stallion!! but hung like a scallion!!

fixed yer post Hal! 8)

rofl

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2020, 03:53:26 pm »
I was looking today and got in the back and theres no room already cause I'm a big Celtic warrior type and me seat is way back and yu have to put the front passanger seat in line wit the drivers seat so I think I'm fuked if it compulsory
.....the problem is not wedder i want it or not but wedder the punters will get in if yuv no screen obviously...so I'm not lookin forward wit much ease
For yous umpa lumps types yu be ok
I aint a big guy , so what happens when a massive cnut gets into the front passenger seat and wants to push the seat back ?
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2020, 04:02:32 pm »
I was looking today and got in the back and theres no room already cause I'm a big Celtic warrior type and me seat is way back and yu have to put the front passanger seat in line wit the drivers seat so I think I'm fuked if it compulsory
.....the problem is not wedder i want it or not but wedder the punters will get in if yuv no screen obviously...so I'm not lookin forward wit much ease
I aint a big guy , so what happens when a massive cnut gets into the front passenger seat and wants to push the seat back ?

Sticker on the passenger window telling them to get in the back, what use is a screen if they sit in beside you?

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2020, 04:06:52 pm »
What are the odds that we'll still get fuckwits asking "Will ya take five?".
Sticker on the passenger window telling them to get in the back, what use is a screen if they sit in beside you?

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2020, 04:09:11 pm »

Yeah OK but his wife and 2 kids are in the back

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2020, 04:10:16 pm »
What are the odds that we'll still get fuckwits asking "Will ya take five?".

Very high, not as big a problem doing days though

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2020, 04:34:11 pm »
I think we'll be phoning punters from the app, more than three punters = cancellation.

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2020, 04:58:42 pm »

If you have a screen your a 3 passenger vehicle

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2020, 05:38:35 pm »

If you have a screen your a 3 passenger vehicle
Where does it state that ?

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2020, 06:21:38 pm »
If your putting up a screen your protecting yourself and the passengers.
If your going to leave them in the front what’s the point of getting a screen.

dalymount

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2020, 06:38:09 pm »
Id say most drivers dont want a screen ,or the problems,or expense that goes with it.but because of both F/N and Ebbs pointing out to customers that they can order a car with a screen rather then one with no screen,obviously the no screen drivers are under pressure now.another example of fukin dispatchers costing you money,and intervening in your business ,and STILL DOUBT THATyou wont tell them to take a hike

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2020, 12:32:57 pm »
Id say most drivers dont want a screen ,or the problems,or expense that goes with it.but because of both F/N and Ebbs pointing out to customers that they can order a car with a screen rather then one with no screen,obviously the no screen drivers are under pressure now.another example of fukin dispatchers costing you money,and intervening in your business ,and STILL DOUBT THATyou wont tell them to take a hike
Agree DM but I suppose its like it they start offering Taxis with say Ice Creams machines, we well end up having to get one of them as well in order to put bread on the table.

dalymount

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2020, 12:44:08 pm »
If they keep bringing this kind of expense on drivers,then.some drivers wont be able to sustain it,and leave an already to expensive industry,so as well as the drivers loosing,the dispatchers will loose out as well because there will be less drivers to exploit

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2020, 12:59:24 pm »
If they keep bringing this kind of expense on drivers,then.some drivers wont be able to sustain it,and leave an already to expensive industry,so as well as the drivers loosing,the dispatchers will loose out as well because there will be less drivers to exploit
Yes but then they bring in there own cronies from abroad, pay them pittance and have them using there own rented vehicles

dalymount

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2020, 01:13:26 pm »
As far as I can see there is only one answer to it,and that is a state run,transparent dispatch operation.one that every taxi driver must sign up to.even I could go with that,as long as it was transparent,and no work going out the back door to certain cronies,unlike now..I actually think it would be a good idea.I would hope that the likes of the 3 marketeers would have no influence in.such a set up,or it would be tainted from the word go I would love to see drivers supporting such a set up if the NTA,or whoever would be responsible agreeing to it

Show Unread Posts