Author Topic: Safely returning to work.  (Read 9208 times)

Online Bob Shillin

Re: Safely returning to work.
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2020, 01:20:43 pm »
Never happen, it's too late for the state to come in and abuse it's dominant position against private enterprise. Happened years ago alright, when the ESB used the billing system to provide finance for the purchase of electrical goods, while independent retailers had to get the customers to apply to the banks for finance.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2020, 01:22:54 pm »
As far as I can see there is only one answer to it,and that is a state run,transparent dispatch operation.one that every taxi driver must sign up to.even I could go with that,as long as it was transparent,and no work going out the back door to certain cronies,unlike now..I actually think it would be a good idea.I would hope that the likes of the 3 marketeers would have no influence in.such a set up,or it would be tainted from the word go I would love to see drivers supporting such a set up if the NTA,or whoever would be responsible agreeing to it
+1+1+1 and no discrimination , all drivers are equal.
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

dalymount

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2020, 01:32:15 pm »
And ABSOLUTELY no discounts,or doing away with the call out charge.if  people on here were to row in behind the idea,I would say its worth pursuing.look at it this way.there are a lot of independents who for one reason or another will not join a dispatcher.a lot might change their minds if they felt a level playing field could be achieved,and everything was above board.whats in it for them is,they would also have achieved a long term ambition of having us aligned,the government wpuld also be happy cause they would know what tax is being honestly declared,and in the event of time maybe they would even consider closer union with them to the extent they could do our tax returns for us

john m

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2020, 02:33:13 pm »
Dollymount .The state CANNOT operate a dispatch app as that would actually be state aid and would be a Monopoly position if it was mandatory .END OF CONVERSATION dont waste anymore internet thanks .

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2020, 03:03:46 pm »
Dollymount .The state CANNOT operate a dispatch app as that would actually be state aid and would be a Monopoly position if it was mandatory .END OF CONVERSATION dont waste anymore internet thanks .
The Government gave state aid to banks.
The Government gave state aid to Aer Lingus .
The Government gave state aid to taxi drivers in the form of BTWEA scheme.

john m

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2020, 03:21:42 pm »

The State took equity in the Banks .
It took equity in the Lingus
BTWEA was available to all was defined as a welfare payment .to get long term unworkables back into work .

john m

« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2020, 03:24:33 pm »
Bone head Borris and Brexit are comming for us .If I can Ill chase a job state or semi state full time or part time or something with a courier company then  drive taxi as a Double Jobber .

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2020, 03:31:09 pm »
Bone head Borris and Brexit are comming for us .If I can Ill chase a job state or semi state full time or part time or something with a courier company then  drive taxi as a Double Jobber .
You've been on about getting a part-time job for about 10 years now !

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2020, 03:58:21 pm »

The State took equity in the Banks .
It took equity in the Lingus
BTWEA was available to all was defined as a welfare payment .to get long term unworkables back into work .
E.U.sanctioned the €150 Million in state aid to Aer Lingus .
It did it on the terms Aer Lingus changed it's  fleet to Airbus.
BTWEA was tantamount to state aid and was not available to everyone.
Mary Hanafin couldn't say how many she assisted into the game to the surprise of Richard Bruton.
The Banks should have gone to the wall A la the free market.
The Government bailed them out with taxpayers money.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2020, 03:59:18 pm »
You've been on about getting a part-time job for about 10 years now !

I had a little titter there....i won't lie!!

dalymount

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2020, 06:27:23 pm »
Look.the fact is the erm might well be right.maybe it CANNOT be done,but unless I ask the question of the relevant people we will not know.unlessi need to be able to go to the relevant people point out to them that there is a lot of support for the notion (and as yet I dont know wether there is or not) I need to be able to convince them of the benefits of the whole fleet being aligned ,I need to be able to say to them you will see in a transparent way the earnings of every taxi driver,basically they need to see benefits in agreeing to it.my problem is ,I dont know who the relevant people are.the NTA,or my local TD .nor do I know if this idea would be supported by you.I would not ask the question if I get a negative response just like I didnt ask the question about why taxi drivers are allowed to work,while driving testers are not.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2020, 10:31:37 pm »
Look.the fact is the erm might well be right.maybe it CANNOT be done,but unless I ask the question of the relevant people we will not know.unlessi need to be able to go to the relevant people point out to them that there is a lot of support for the notion (and as yet I dont know wether there is or not) I need to be able to convince them of the benefits of the whole fleet being aligned ,I need to be able to say to them you will see in a transparent way the earnings of every taxi driver,basically they need to see benefits in agreeing to it.my problem is ,I dont know who the relevant people are.the NTA,or my local TD .nor do I know if this idea would be supported by you.I would not ask the question if I get a negative response just like I didnt ask the question about why taxi drivers are allowed to work,while driving testers are not.
Perhaps the relevant people have already got into bed with FN !
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Belker

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2020, 11:13:27 am »
And ABSOLUTELY no discounts,or doing away with the call out charge.if  people on here were to row in behind the idea,I would say its worth pursuing.look at it this way.there are a lot of independents who for one reason or another will not join a dispatcher.a lot might change their minds if they felt a level playing field could be achieved,and everything was above board.whats in it for them is,they would also have achieved a long term ambition of having us aligned,the government wpuld also be happy cause they would know what tax is being honestly declared,and in the event of time maybe they would even consider closer union with them to the extent they could do our tax returns for us
It's all a load of Bollix, LEVEL PLAYING FIELD, this same poster was offering to get his mates in to his brothers golf course just the other day because they were mates and now he expects everything above board.
 rofl

john m

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2020, 11:42:36 am »
Lads should keep their mouths shut and not be making a rod for their own back Eg.Dear Minister me and me mates want to return to work but we cant cos of stuff like Social Distancing anall ,so whats the story bud ?

Minister For Movement Department
Up the Lane
Facing the Sugar Club
Dublin2 .

Dear Driver
  Thank you annal for getting in touch with your concern's .Iffin you decide to return to work traceability will be huge annall so it will be essential that in line with the Taxi Act of 2012 ALL Drivers are aligned to a Dispatcher and employ devices to accept card payments .This will allow the HSE to trace any traveler who might be carrying the virus to be contacted traced .The Minister thanks you for the opportunity to sign into law the relevant SI to enact the relevant sections of the taxi act 2012 .

Is Misse Le Cara .
  Lord Leopardstown (unemployed)

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2020, 05:40:38 pm »
Got the face masks for when I eventually return to the fray
Looking lovely!

Bought 50 .. delivered for €22.35 .. 45 cents each

https://irishreviews.org/disposable-face-masks/

Show Unread Posts