Author Topic: the good news  (Read 9852 times)

Offline Theoneandonly

Re: the good news
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 10:42:50 am »
They say we'll know more today

Offline Horse

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 10:56:18 am »
I was hoping to stay out till August so that's good news. I can also stick my avensis back on the road as they added another year to the life span of the cars so im just gonna chill over the summer doing bits and bobs at home.

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 11:01:44 am »
I was hoping to stay out till August so that's good news. I can also stick my avensis back on the road as they added another year to the life span of the cars so im just gonna chill over the summer doing bits and bobs at home.
yea I thinking of back Sept......ive always wanted to try teachers life style for a bit
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline watty

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 11:03:36 am »
I can also stick my avensis back on the road as they added another year to the life span of the cars
The extra year - is that official?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 11:20:25 am »
I can also stick my avensis back on the road as they added another year to the life span of the cars

Was gonna ask that also....if they do i'll be enquiring as to the legality of only a certain number of licence holders being afforded this while others who will need to change their vehicles from Jan 1st 2021 can go fuk themselves.....it's the NTA we're dealing with here.

Offline Horse

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 11:21:11 am »
Yes it is. I got an email the other day. They gave 3 months extra on the date of my green stickers and one extra year from the day my car turned 10 years old. No prius for me yet.

Offline Horse

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 11:23:02 am »

Was gonna ask that also....if they do i'll be enquiring as to the legality of only a certain number of licence holders being afforded this while others who will need to change their vehicles from Jan 1st 2021 can go fuk themselves.....it's the NTA we're dealing with here.

I think its only if your car turns 10 years old while all yhis gick is going on. Im happy anyway,  there's fcuk all wrong with my avensis.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 11:25:31 am »
Yes it is. I got an email the other day. They gave 3 months extra on the date of my green stickers and one extra year from the day my car turned 10 years old. No prius for me yet.

So the public consultation then really is as RC says..... a predetermined outcome.

Offline Horse

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 11:25:57 am »
Here is an extract from the email

To assist you at this very challenging time, NTA has extended the Final Operation Date of your SPSV by one year.

Having regard to the Covid-19 pandemic, this extension has been granted following the introduction of the temporary exceptional legal provision, the Small Public Service Vehicle (Emergency Measure COVID-19) Regulations 2020.

This extension allows your current vehicle, as above, to operate as an SPSV for one additional year. The Taxi Regulation Act 2013 and 2016, and all associated regulations, orders and codes remain unchanged.

Expired Vehicle Licences

A vehicle licence can be reactivated up to one year from its expiry date. There is no possibility to extend this date. Once a vehicle reaches its final operation date, the licence holder may not apply to NTA for the renewal of a vehicle licence on that vehicle.

Yours sincerely,

National Transport Authority

Offline Horse

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 11:34:48 am »
So Ken's off the hook for buying me a prius if sb comes in on the price of diesel bet that kens trying to back out of. So good news for ken too.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 12:38:55 pm »
How old is your taxi Horse?.......Ah I see now you said ten years.

Also anyone on here that has a 15 year old taxi expiring soon should get until 16 birthday.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 12:48:51 pm by mercenary for hire »

dalymount

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2020, 01:10:36 pm »
Im more concerned about the mileage,on mine then the age 342 000

Offline Horse

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2020, 01:18:44 pm »
Is that miles dm? Mine is 191,000 miles.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2020, 01:21:36 pm »
Don't spend a cent unless you need to Daly.Had you bought a new car last year you'd be kicking yourself for having a really expensive garden ornament.

Show Unread Posts