Author Topic: Ebbs on Pat Kenny Show this (Fri) morning  (Read 2755 times)

Online watty

Ebbs on Pat Kenny Show this (Fri) morning
« on: May 22, 2020, 11:01:43 am »
Pat Kenny is doing a 'Back To Work' feature on his show and focused on the taxi industry this morning (~9.30am).  He had Ebbs on the show.  Ebbs said he had about 800 full-time drivers and about a 1,000 part-time drivers.  Only about half of the full-timers were working and the part-timers had 'disappeared'.  Lynk business was down to about 26% of normal but might be 28% by the end of the week.  He saw this as positive news.

Shortly after the piece, a taxi-driver texted in to say he needed €2,800 a week to pay bills etc but he was only earning €500 a week at the moment.  He finished his text with, "but I'm not complaining."  ???

So half of Lynk's full-time fleet are chasing 25% of the work...  Doesn't sound like a reason to go back working?

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Ebbs on Pat Kenny Show this (Fri) morning
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 11:22:39 am »
Maybe SW should have rang in and asked for a list of names of drivers still working....might help them out some!!

dalymount

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 11:51:47 am »
Are ya serious ?- some gobshite texted in to say he earns 2800 a week ?

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 12:35:10 pm »

3 lads on car all indian working 24 hr 7 days

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 12:45:54 pm »

I'd say it was a month

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 12:50:19 pm »
I don't think Newstalk verify texters identity.He could have said 10k a week and it would be meaningless.Probably never drove a taxi in his life.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 01:29:50 pm »
I don't think Newstalk verify texters identity.He could have said 10k a week and it would be meaningless.Probably never drove a taxi in his life.

Maybe it was LL!!

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 01:35:30 pm »
He has to be around somewhere shit-stirring.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 01:36:20 pm »
Boards...probably!!

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 01:42:05 pm »

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 02:09:34 pm »
Pat Kenny is doing a 'Back To Work' feature on his show and focused on the taxi industry this morning (~9.30am).  He had Ebbs on the show.  Ebbs said he had about 800 full-time drivers and about a 1,000 part-time drivers.  Only about half of the full-timers were working and the part-timers had 'disappeared'.  Lynk business was down to about 26% of normal but might be 28% by the end of the week.  He saw this as positive news.

Shortly after the piece, a taxi-driver texted in to say he needed €2,800 a week to pay bills etc but he was only earning €500 a week at the moment.  He finished his text with, "but I'm not complaining."  ???

So half of Lynk's full-time fleet are chasing 25% of the work...  Doesn't sound like a reason to go back working?

If you need 2800 a week to survive then yu deserve wat yu get .....
That's 140 k + a year ....the mind boggles ...wer in the name of jesus do these people get ther figures from ..???

Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 02:11:10 pm »

Maybe it was LL!!

Wer is he ?  Taut he mite got the chinese induced Flu ???
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2020, 02:21:35 pm »

It would  be interesting to see how many of the 400 drivers dumb enough to still be working, are also tenants as well as urban sharecroppers of the above landlord

Online watty

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2020, 06:35:35 pm »
https://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/highlights-from-the-pat-kenny-show/page/2
The 10 minute clip of the show is on this page but I can't link to the specific section.  And annoyingly, it stops before PK read out the text from the alleged taxi driver.  I'm almost certain he texted €2,800/week.  It stuck in my mind because he finished with 'but I'm not complaining' despite his earnings dropping to 15% of normal.

dalymount

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2020, 06:56:38 pm »
I didnt listen to it yet,but the parti was shocked about was the fact that there are more part timers / double jobbers,then full timers.I never thought that was the case,and certainly not 10 _1

Show Unread Posts