Author Topic: Stop phoning us, FFS! (NTA)  (Read 8635 times)

Offline watty

Re: Stop phoning us, FFS! (NTA)
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2020, 07:54:39 pm »
I thought a lot of their call centre stuff was sub-contracted to some crowd in Cork.  It's a big company that a lot of the big utility companies use.  It made the news a few years back when one of their staff was copying card details given over the phone and using those details to buy stuff for himself?

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2020, 08:05:40 pm »
Stating the obvious, I guess. I thought your NCT had to be within 60 days of suitability and within 90 days of licence expiry or have they relaxed the rules?
I thought it was 90 days, maybe your right and it is 60, either way I had a 4 month NCT extension that the NTA would not accept.
They imposed near impossible regulations fer me to comply with within a 9 (7 day working) window with no Leeway excepted.

Any clarification? Is it 90days that you can do your NCT or 60 ??
I thought myself it was 90 !

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2020, 08:09:15 pm »
it's 90.
auld rat is actin the cunt there.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2020, 08:16:17 pm »
This could be wrong but I thought the NCT had to be done within 90 days of suitability test but suitability test had to be done withing 60 days of plate expiry.

The idea was to stop lads passing out too early.

If yis aren't worried about a little virus that killed a 43-year-old in Cork back in February why are yis so bothered about driving semi-illegal for a few days?Just drive yer heap.Nobody will notice.

Is it because yis won't get any app jobs?

Offline Belker

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2020, 08:40:12 pm »
......Are you sure the NTA are back in their offices? I'm awaiting a call to pay for my driver licence renewal as they were not able to accept payments from home, carriage office has my application and are awaiting payment confirmation to process it
Yes, they are back since last Monday.
So much for them ringing me, I guess I'll have to set aside an hour or 2 listening to Greensleeves
Usual waiting time is about 30 to 40 minutes.

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2020, 11:34:43 am »
So i phoned the NCT to book the car in. The lovely lady was clueless as well.

She kept putting me on hold for some unknown reason!

I eventually got a date for 29July, my taxi licence is up 18 August! Pushing it fine to say the least.

To be able to get the NCT done and dusted and then book to get a date before 18 Aug with the SGS?!

john m

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2020, 11:37:13 am »

I eventually got a date for 29July, my taxi licence is up 18 August! Pushing it fine to say the least.

To be able to get the NCT done and dusted and then book to get a date before 18 Aug with the SGS?!

How is that pushing it 18 days after you pass your NCT to get suitability A piece of Piss .Just make sure you pass the NCT thats your real issue .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2020, 11:39:15 am »
It looks like not being able to get the taxi passed put could be the main reason we're not going back to work as soon as we thought.

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2020, 11:50:38 am »

How is that pushing it 18 days after you pass your NCT to get suitability A piece of Piss .Just make sure you pass the NCT thats your real issue .

My concern is that there might be a backlog to get a booking with the SGS

john m

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2020, 12:00:09 pm »

My concern is that there might be a backlog to get a booking with the SGS

Wouldnt worry on that score .The problem might be getting a retest on the NCT if you need a ramp .

Offline Badabing

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2020, 12:41:12 pm »
Got the 4th July Fonthill. Rang 20 minutes ago

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2020, 02:46:20 pm »
Got the 4th July Fonthill. Rang 20 minutes ago

Thats mad.
I phoned this morning and got the end of July!!!!

NTA all over the shop it seems!

Offline Badabing

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2020, 03:26:33 pm »
Dates kept changing all the time, initially i had July 29 but suddenly i got the 4th. Ring them up in the morning again. There open at 8-4

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2020, 03:44:02 pm »
Do they not use a call center to process the calls? Anytime I've rang them it seems like they're reading off a script.

Remember most of the country is still working from home.

They could only be running a skeleton service.Also if it is a call center many of their staff may not have bothered coming back to work if they have vulnerable family to protect.Go to work possibly on minimum wage or stay at home for the covid 350.Not a difficult decision.
When I applied for my driver licence they were working from home and couldn't accept payments, said they'd ring me when they were back in the office

Offline mkahawani

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2020, 03:55:54 pm »
Why can’t Nta extend the validity of licenses by 3 months? Like nct. The nct lady told me your nct is valid for extra 3-4 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Show Unread Posts