When the Pubs Open
6 (21.4%)
When the Covid Coin Stops
11 (39.3%)
Looking at a different career
5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: June 17, 2020, 10:10:36 am

Author Topic: Return to Work  (Read 19376 times)

Offline Theoneandonly

Re: Return to Work
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2020, 01:14:00 pm »
Plenty of nobheads everywhere.Night drivers on the day shift won't make things any easier.Tourism massively down too. It's hard to be positive.Just be thankful yis don't have massive debts to service.Life could be a lot worse.

Back to the 80s, dinner parties will be a thing again, anyone wanna buy a hostess trolley?

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2020, 02:01:58 pm »
Plenty of nobheads everywhere.Night drivers on the day shift won't make things any easier.Tourism massively down too. It's hard to be positive.Just be thankful yis don't have massive debts to service.Life could be a lot worse.

Back to the 80s, dinner parties will be a thing again, anyone wanna buy a hostess trolley?
+1 You are correct, collected a few older people groups from just that for the first time last night. More groups of 4 now also. Pain in the hole listening to them trying to get the seat belts on, with all the tired associated sexual innuendo remarks, and drunken laughing therein
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2020, 02:08:34 pm »

+1 You are correct, collected a few older people groups from just that for the first time last night. More groups of 4 now also. Pain in the hole listening to them trying to get the seat belts on, with all the tired associated sexual innuendo remarks, and drunken laughing therein

Can't get it in ...haha
Are you in yet ... ha ha
Every fucking time! haha me hole!

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2020, 02:17:04 pm »
Or
Wrong hole Haha
Like u never heard that before

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2020, 03:03:46 pm »
yiz shudda given it a shot during the lockdown.
not one pisshead cunt.
it was gift it was.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2020, 03:33:25 pm »
"If there was hair on it...you'd get it in!!"

Ye mad badstard ye!!

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2020, 05:27:21 pm »
In my yoke, the middle belt receiver lies flat under the pax's bum. It goes on forever, with the middle pax plugging in to the pax on her right, in, out, in again... and the dash keeps showing that the middle belt is undone, might as well be talkin' to the wall.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

john m

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2020, 05:32:27 pm »
From the Programme for government

Details filtering out this evening include plans for a jobs stimulus plan in July and a National Recovery Plan in October in a bid to speed recovery from the massive economic hit caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

The jobs stimulus plan will be focused on measures to help the hospitality sector and small and medium enterprises and has been pushed by both Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil.

Online watty

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2020, 05:36:09 pm »
I was thinking of going back maybe the start of July (Phase 3) or when they reduce the 2 metre rule to 1.  But we might not be able to go back...

Coronavirus outbreaks in private houses more than treble in one week (Irish Times)

The number of outbreaks of coronavirus in private houses has more than trebled in the space of a week, new figures show.

By Thursday, there were 240 clusters of the disease, also known as Covid-19, in private houses, according to the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC), a number exceeded only by the 251 clusters recorded in nursing homes.  The increase has prompted the HPSC to resume counting outbreaks in private houses as a separate category.  A week earlier, it had recorded 266 outbreaks in “other” locations, which included private houses, community, pubs, hotels, shops, etc. By Thursday, there were 240 clusters in private houses and another 80 in the “other” category.

Public health officials warned last week the virus was moving into household settings, though the overall number of cases continues to drop.

<snip> Meanwhile, the average number of close contacts per confirmed case of Covid-19 has increased to six, twice the level seen throughout May, data from the Health Service Executive (HSE) shows.

The virus numbers could start going back up again?

There's no rush to go back.  I'm reading more and more opinion pieces about how the world economy is fukked & next year will be worse.  The American recession back in 2008 (?) was basically caused by dodgy house mortgages.  Now it's dodgy commercial mortgages and loans that could collapse the banking system again.  Also, the UK could end up the worst-hit economy in Europe and after Brexit, they could end up using WTO rules (bit tariffs).  They're our biggest trading partner and our agriculture industry and others could collapse if they can't export to the UK.  Maybe the erm is right and it's time to get a gun.

john m

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2020, 06:07:34 pm »
I said all along Leo set it up for an Election We need to wait 3 weeks after Pennys opens .I wouldnt be sure there will be a government or if it will last .But my old Friend BREXIT will murder the heads off of us .My Hen is in Britain this weekend to Bury her mother .When she returns she must isolate for two weeks then get clearance to go back to work . Now there is a bit of cuntology involved in this as we are supposed to have free movement between Ireland and the UK but the IRISH government introduced this rule .If you think for one minute the Brits are going to make it easy for us after Brexit you have another thing comming .Cummins and Boris will blame Ireland and the Border for all the UKs problems after Brexit ,The EU wont be our mates either .If you want to know how bad its going to be look at the most successfull political party in Europe at the moment SF who have grown from no TD 20 years ago to the brink of government they have made no attempt to grab power or even get into coalition .I posted on here a few years ago You will see British Troops ordered on to the Streets of Britain to Shoot British Citizens and this time it wont be in Belfast .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2020, 07:01:34 pm »
Barbecues and dinner parties all the way. Might be a good thing but I suspect the pubs will be open sooner than currently scheduled.

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2020, 09:07:55 pm »
Barbecues and dinner parties all the way. Might be a good thing but I suspect the pubs will be open sooner than currently scheduled.

Niteclubs be different
Coppers? Social distance lol

Offline Belker

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2020, 08:23:21 am »
yiz shudda given it a shot during the lockdown.
not one pisshead cunt.
it was gift it was.
We had it 'Cushty' all to ourselves fer a while DMG !
but the fun might end when the rest of the fleet start returning to work.

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2020, 08:33:34 am »
I've seen few taxis delivering parcels in me neigbourhood ....I wouldnt miss not having to deal with punters anymore ....
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

john m

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2020, 08:40:44 am »
if the Chinaman in Beiging or whatever they call it now gets the Cough there wont be a mask available to be bought anywhere .This could be the beginning of the End if this thing is back in China .

Show Unread Posts