Author Topic: Refitting daisies  (Read 10188 times)

Online watty

Re: Refitting daisies
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2020, 06:31:47 pm »
I think the 29th June is the day we'll be expected to go back and you'll need a good excuse not to.  Buses and trains are already working.  Now the driving schools and driving testers are going back.  Yet the 2 metre rule is still in place, afaik?  Pubs, cinemas etc are also re-opening, albeit with restrictions.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/d06271-easing-the-covid-19-restrictions-on-29-june-phase-3/#economic-activity-and-work

Economic activity and work
Anyone who can work from home should continue to work from home wherever possible.

Businesses that can reopen
The following may reopen:

wellbeing services - for example: chiropractic, massage therapy, acupuncture, reflexology and homoeopathy, hairdressers, barbers, nail and brow salons, beauty salons, spas, make-up application services, tanning, tattooing and piercing services
driving schools
all remaining retail (for example, bookmakers), services and commercial activities
Driving tests as well as volunteer and other driving services may recommence.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2020, 02:19:34 pm »
Definitely would be a case of not wanting to work rather than not being able to work, the rationale for staying on the payment would be questionable after that date.

Not getting sick was never an accepted reason for not returning to work.

Offline Hugh Jenob

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2020, 02:30:16 pm »
Definitely would be a case of not wanting to work rather than not being able to work, the rationale for staying on the payment would be questionable after that date.

A previous poster made a valid point about the 2 meter rule. Why should we be exposed to the risks when all other sectors that have been given the go ahead must adhere to the rule. I'm waiting until they remove the 2 meter  thing and we're back to "normal". That's likely August 10th. Let them ask for it back. We'll talk about it then.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2020, 03:55:30 pm »

A previous poster made a valid point about the 2 meter rule. Why should we be exposed to the risks when all other sectors that have been given the go ahead must adhere to the rule. I'm waiting until they remove the 2 meter  thing and we're back to "normal". That's likely August 10th. Let them ask for it back. We'll talk about it then.

Tony Holohan (chief medical officer) quote : It is not a rule, it is guidance. It has been described as if it is some hard and fast law that is there. So it is guidance and like any guidance it has to be interpreted by people at an individual level and then by organisations.

Some on here use it as a crutch, many went back to work in circumstances where 2m was not achievable.
Possibility of getting sick is not listed as a reason for claiming the payment.
Taxis where always allowed work, now that the restrictions are being lifted there is no excuse for not returning to work

Offline Hugh Jenob

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2020, 04:06:54 pm »
A lot of that makes sense. But in the light of us taxi drivers treatment over the years, which has been well documented by most of us, it's time for a little payback surely?

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2020, 04:38:47 pm »
what did yiz havta take yizzer window stickers off?

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2020, 02:27:31 pm »
Ryanair restarting Spanish flights early: (Tomorrow June 21)
https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dublin-airport-flights-ryanair-restarts-18459147

Time to get get back to work yiz lazy bastards

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2020, 03:47:23 pm »
https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/dublin-airport-flights-ryanair-restarts-18459147

Who'll be on them though.....will they fly empty to avoid refunds?

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2020, 04:11:37 pm »

Who'll be on them though.....will they fly empty to avoid refunds?

Plenty dying to get out to their Spanish properties, I'm heading over with a gang of 22 lads in November .. life goes on, die happy!

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2020, 04:17:42 pm »
serious question, why did yiz havta take your window stickers off?

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2020, 04:27:12 pm »

Reducing the insurance cover from Taxi to private effectively meant you're vehicle was no longer a taxi, therefore the NTA advised those who did so to suspend their licence, remove the tamper proof stickers and post them to Galway, some reduced the insurance policy and didn't bother returning stickers , others sent them as advised.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2020, 04:55:28 pm »
Law Abiding Citizen me!!

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2020, 05:35:13 pm »

Reducing the insurance cover from Taxi to private effectively meant you're vehicle was no longer a taxi, therefore the NTA advised those who did so to suspend their licence, remove the tamper proof stickers and post them to Galway, some reduced the insurance policy and didn't bother returning stickers , others sent them as advised.

the dirty big taxi door stickers made the whole thing academic, no?...

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2020, 06:25:43 pm »

the dirty big taxi door stickers made the whole thing academic, no?...

Absofukinlutely.....they thought they were being clever.....and now they can't even answer a fukin phone.....obviously felt licence holders couldn't be trusted....even with roofsigns removed,as i said previously,insurance companies weren't asking for window discs and certs to be returned and new ones supplied.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2020, 07:54:33 pm »
I've sent 2 e-mails to them and waited on the phone for 45 minutes yesterday, still noting , cnuts
3rd E-Mail this morning at 10.30 , told them I needed to get working, have a family to support and I (Unlike some drivers) returned the discs at their request, also advised them if I did not hear from them I was going to my local TD.

Anyway got a call back at 12.30 all sorted for the 30th June daisy fit in Harcourt Lane. Have to have New Insc. cert, disc and letter.

Rang Axa , lady said will post out my new Cert and disc today and E-Mailed me a few lines stating that my Taxi cover will be re-instated from 00.01 hours on the 30th June.  Now all I need is some paying customers .
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Show Unread Posts