Author Topic: abandon ship  (Read 3563 times)

john m

abandon ship
« on: June 25, 2020, 07:58:23 am »
Minister for Finance Paschal Donohoe is expected to put himself forward as a candidate for the presidency of the Eurogroup, the influential club of finance ministers of countries that use the euro.

The Minister will be forced to show his hand because the deadline for candidacies is on Thursday, which makes for awkward timing because parties do not conclude voting on the programme for government until Friday.

“It’s tricky for him. It’s a gamble,” said one EU official. “But if he runs, he would be a serious candidate.”

Offline watty

Re: abandon ship
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 10:01:26 am »
Didn't he used to be a money man/fiinancier type in London before he went into politics?  He'll know how many millions are really in a billion and how to spend his expenses on long lunches etc.

john m

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 10:05:10 am »
No I think he was an Auctioneer .But he was a good money minder if he is abandoning ship you know things are bad .He was thought to be the Heir apparent but looks like he dosent want to be left holding that sack of drowning kittens .

Offline watty

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 10:31:31 am »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paschal_Donohoe

From Trinity College, Donohoe was selected by the multinational company Procter & Gamble, for their fast-track graduate training programme. He spent six years working in the UK and became director of sales and marketing. In 2003, he returned to Ireland to pursue a career in politics.

john m

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 10:42:55 am »
First I heard of him he was an Auctioneer think it might of been with his old man ?

Offline Pugwat

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 02:48:28 pm »
No I think he was an Auctioneer .But he was a good money minder if he is abandoning ship you know things are bad .He was thought to be the Heir apparent but looks like he dosent want to be left holding that sack of drowning kittens .
If he gets the job I think he stays on as finance minister here.

john m

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 02:56:31 pm »
Was that not the Gig the X Dutch Bloke had when he told us to fuck off and beg .Paggo knows he wont be Minister for Money under Big Mick from Cork thats Mc Graths Gig .

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2020, 03:24:09 pm »
I think you have to be the finance minister in order to be president of the finance ministers, not sure Paschal is sure of remaining in that job, might be the shortest term ever if it is a requirement

john m

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2020, 03:30:32 pm »
I think you have to be the finance minister in order to be president of the finance ministers, not sure Paschal is sure of remaining in that job, might be the shortest term ever if it is a requirement

Will Pago get the Money Gig ?I doubt it unless Leo remains Taoiseach for a while .leo could be re elected Boss on Saturday if the Cabbages dont get on their Ten Speeds and pedal along with the deal .But he will only be Taoiseach in Name only .

Offline Pugwat

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2020, 04:03:46 pm »
FG will hold Finance and Foreign affairs.

john m

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2020, 04:14:40 pm »
FG will hold Finance and Foreign affairs.

Not a chance unless they Split Finance like they did with Howlin .Here is my thinking Greens vote no .Leo is proposed Saturday as Caretaker Taoiseach He takes over as Minister From Ross ,Humphries and Zapone .So no new ministers to be approved by the Dail .He nominates his 11 Senators so the offences against the State act can be passed then the Dail goes on their Summer Holidays and during the Holiday they try to form another Government If not another election .FF wont give awat the Money Departments to the Junior make weights .FF take Housing ,Finance .Give FG Social welfare and Foreign affairs let them cut the Covid Coin and deal with the Brexit Nightmare .If there is any deal .

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2020, 04:24:36 pm »
I Martin is Taoiseach then FG will get first dibs on the next job normally finance, FF will get health, FG will get welfare and so on

Offline Pugwat

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2020, 04:25:28 pm »
If the greens say no it is a new game. If they agree FG will get Finance and FA for making Martins dream come true.

john m

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2020, 04:34:58 pm »
I Martin is Taoiseach then FG will get first dibs on the next job normally finance, FF will get health, FG will get welfare and so on

Not the way it works Taoiseach appoints Ministers .The big 3 spending are Finance ,Health ,Social welfare rest are only office Jobs .FG going to get Health its septic ,Social Welfare let them cut the Covid and Pension .Covney get the Toxic Foreign affairs and a New Minister for Housing for Darragh Calleary .No good being in power if you dont control the Coin .Pago will get Health Leo will want to bring him down a peg or two .Greens get Environment but not Transport Martin gets Childrenor  the Gaeltacht Eamo will give her a shit stick .But it wont matter this Dail if it comes into being wont pass a budget .

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2020, 04:39:53 pm »

Not the way it works Taoiseach appoints Ministers .The big 3 spending are Finance ,Health ,Social welfare rest are only office Jobs .FG going to get Health its septic ,Social Welfare let them cut the Covid and Pension .Covney get the Toxic Foreign affairs and a New Minister for Housing for Darragh Calleary .No good being in power if you dont control the Coin .Pago will get Health Leo will want to bring him down a peg or two .Greens get Environment but not Transport Martin gets Childrenor  the Gaeltacht Eamo will give her a shit stick .But it wont matter this Dail if it comes into being wont pass a budget .

Those are the deals done during the negotiations ,,,, sharing out the jobs

Show Unread Posts