Author Topic: Possibility of 1000 to go back to work ?  (Read 16014 times)

john m

Re: Possibility of 1000 to go back to work ?
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2020, 05:35:36 pm »
I have cctv. good idea though.

Change your phone if you need one buy tyres .But make sure before you spend that the funds are available thet say 12 million thats for ALL self employed not just the taxi industry .

Don't see how phone and tyres would count as purchases made necessary for restart due to Covid

FFS will you read between the lines you can stay on the Covid payments till August but if you want the Grand you must of signed off .As long as you can present reciepts that have incured VAT you will get the Coin .This is a scheme to get you to sign off the Covid Coin .Do you really think there is a list of qualifying objects for every industry that has self employed operatives .Im sure A Giddison Untangler extracator will be something that Una or Michelle will know qualifies for payment before they post the check .

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2020, 05:44:37 pm »
I have cctv. good idea though.

Change your phone if you need one buy tyres .But make sure before you spend that the funds are available thet say 12 million thats for ALL self employed not just the taxi industry .

Don't see how phone and tyres would count as purchases made necessary for restart due to Covid

FFS will you read between the lines you can stay on the Covid payments till August but if you want the Grand you must of signed off .As long as you can present reciepts that have incured VAT you will get the Coin .This is a scheme to get you to sign off the Covid Coin .Do you really think there is a list of qualifying objects for every industry that has self employed operatives .Im sure A Giddison Untangler extracator will be something that Una or Michelle will know qualifies for payment before they post the check .

I don't think they'll give you "coin" for your weeks shopping, it's for costs incurred getting back working, yes I believe they'll look through receipts and won't pay for frivolous or non qualifying purchases

"We want to get Ireland back working again. In many cases, this means tackling the roadblocks and obstacles which stop an otherwise viable business from getting back up and running or simply giving them a helping hand."

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2020, 06:03:35 pm »
I'd say a permanent prescription from a doctor for anti depressant medication might qualify for a "start your business again"  essential.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2020, 06:30:32 pm »
Might be different,ill have the answer for ya tomorrow.

Cheers.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2020, 08:24:57 am »
Sum up receipt issued by Adventure branding to your phone is not a vat receipt, those of you planning on claiming the grant money for it will have to pop back and ask for one (I guess)

dalymount

« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2020, 08:38:04 am »
Id say shops would be very surprised if you asked for a VAT  receipt as WELL as an ordinary receipt.in fact id say most of them wouldnt even know how to issue it

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2020, 05:46:35 pm »
What defines a VAT receipt? Does it have to include the issuers VAT registration number? ... and why can't we buy stuff wherever we want i.e. from traders who aren't VAT registered?

Offline Hugh Jenob

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2020, 06:06:12 pm »
Vat receipts/invoices will suffice. Surely a regular receipt will do once the vendor is vat registered. Don't know what the procedure is for producing them to revenue. The days of posting paperwork are finished surely? Maybe scan and attach to email? I'm more interested in how long it takes to get my paws on the grand. The information doesn't seem to be flowing very fast.
Am I correct in saying that the last pup payment is Tuesday 4th August (to cover till the following Monday 10th which is the final lifting of the phases). I think people are under the impression that the final payment is on the 10th. My reading of it is that the last 350 is dished out on the 4th.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2020, 06:15:24 pm »
Nobody knows yet.It may well get extended beyond August.

Offline Hugh Jenob

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2020, 06:20:48 pm »
Hopefully. Someone that works in revenue told me it's till the end of August, but I haven't seen it officially anywhere. Can we come off pup after the second last payment and claim the grand? ie is there a certain date you have to come off it to qualify?

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2020, 06:23:24 pm »
No doubt they'll extend it.This thing is far from over even though some things are opening again.

There's a multi billion stimulus package that their gonna announce at the end of July.Might be more money for different things.

Offline Hugh Jenob

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2020, 06:24:12 pm »

dalymount

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2020, 06:53:28 pm »

Good Afternoon Paul,

Thank you for contacting the business support call centre. The information on the grant you are referring to is below.

Enterprise Support Grant for Small Businesses
The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP) announced on the 25th of June that the Enterprise Support Grant will be made available to assist self-employed recipients who are exiting the Pandemic Unemployment Payment (PUP) scheme and will communicate how to access the grant in the coming weeks.  The extension of the grant to eligible recipients of the Pandemic Unemployment Payment will provide businesses with a once-off payment of up to €1,000. The Grant will be awarded to tax and PRSI compliant self-employed individuals who:

Have been in receipt of the Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment and have closed their claim;
Have reopened their business;
Employ fewer than 10 people;
Have an annual turnover of less than €1 million;
Are not eligible for other similar Covid business re-start grants from other Government Departments;
Are not liable for commercial rates;
Produce VAT receipts/invoices in respect of business re-start costs and expenses claimed.
It is envisaged that those who close their PUP claim will have a period of 4 weeks, from date of claim closure, within which to submit a claim. This is to allow time for claimants to incur the necessary expenditure, gather receipts and submit a claim. Now that a decision has been taken to extend the PUP scheme in this manner, the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection is developing the systems to put it into effect and will communicate how to access the grant in the coming weeks.  For further updates please visit DEASP or call 1890 800 024.

Kind Regards,

Shane

Business Support Unit

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2020, 07:13:38 pm »
What defines a VAT receipt? Does it have to include the issuers VAT registration number? ... and why can't we buy stuff wherever we want i.e. from traders who aren't VAT registered?

just a receipt that shows the amount of VAT charged, most computer generated receipts are vat receipts, back in the old hand written receipt days they had to be requested most of the time. the sum up receipt given by Adventure branding doesn't have vat as Sum up doesn't know the VAT rate that might need to be applied, in fact I guess any/most credit card receipts would be the same

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2020, 12:31:35 pm »
Has anyone seen the application form yet?

Show Unread Posts