Author Topic: Wirecard  (Read 1691 times)

john m

Wirecard
« on: June 26, 2020, 11:11:41 pm »
Wirecard is a German Payment system that is corrupted .As Me taxi Is German are they using this service to process payments .If they are you wont get paid .

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Wirecard
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 12:07:07 am »
Cheerful as ever John....given that they(FN) haven't paid me for the last few months...and probably won't be paying me for the forseeable....i won't lose any sleep over it.

Offline vandriver

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 12:52:29 am »
Are Freenow using wirecard?Yes.

john m

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 06:04:59 am »
An Post has frozen 50,000 pre-payment cards issued to customers over the past three years as the German Wirecard scandal spread to include Irish consumers.

The post office acted after the British Financial Conduct Authority, which regulates Wirecard Card Solutions Limited, ordered it to cease operating such cards.

Wirecard, a fintech company, said on Thursday that it was assessing whether certain subsidiaries of the business would have to file insolvency applications after a €1.9 billion hole was discovered in its accounts – amounting to a quarter of the company’s stated assets.

john m

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 06:07:36 am »
Is Sum Up an Individual payment scheme or are they using Wirecard .How many other cards are using Wirecard as their Payment provider?

Offline Tony

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 08:49:52 am »
Are Freenow using wirecard?Yes.

I hope so, it would put a smile on the other side for all the gold lickey lacky ambassadors  and other fucking idiots that use and brag about  it.
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 09:10:01 am »
There ya go......bring it on!!!!
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

dalymount

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 09:22:40 am »
Glad I never got into this fukin CC payment cobblers.good old greenbacks is the only way for me anyway

john m

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2020, 09:50:28 am »
Whats the story with people who pay their rent or Prepay Electricity through the post office .If this crowd go into receivership your coin is their asset you might have to wait years to get a few cents on the Euro .

john m

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2020, 02:41:18 pm »
SHOPPERS have been shocked to discover that they were unable to use their gift cards due to the collapse of German financial services company.

Mahon Point shoppers in Cork found that gift cards for the shopping centre were not being accepted.

Wirecard, the issuers of the gift vouchers, had its licence suspended by the UK financial regulator.

A spokesperson for the Cork shopping centre said: “Mahon Point Shopping Centre can confirm that our gift cards have been temporarily suspended until further notice.

“This is because Wirecard, who are the issuers of our card, had their licence suspended by the UK financial regulator.”

The spokesman told the ‘Cork Beo’ news website that the centre was informed last Friday that the gifts cards were frozen.

Last week British authorities shut down the scandal-hit German payments company Wirecard, which is the issuer of the An Post Money Currency card.

It was told to halt its business after news that €1.9bn was missing from the accounts of the company.

Wisecard’s British operation was the issuer of prepaid Mastercards which were used as gift vouchers in this country and by An Post as currency cards.

Today the UK regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority, said it was now close to lifting restrictions on Wirecard, which would allow 50,000 An Post customers here to use their currency cards and shoppers to use their gift cards.

The British regulator said: “We have been working closely with Wirecard UK and other authorities over the last few days to ensure that the firm was able to meet certain conditions required to lift the restrictions we imposed on it. We are now in a position to allow Wirecard to resume operational activity.

“This means customers will now, or very shortly, be able to use their cards as usual.”

Meanwhile, fintech Revolut admitted it had been using Wirecard to allow customers to top up their Revolut debit cards.

Revolut, the issuer of Mastercard debit cards to one million people in Ireland, said it now stopped doing business with the collapsed German company.

Consumer advocate Brendan Burgess pointed out that the one million users of Revolut here are not protected by the deposit guarantee scheme.

Revolut sources insisted customer funds are securely held in ring-fenced accounts in top tier global banks.

Additionally, all Revolut customer card transactions are processed by the Mastercard, Maestro, or Visa network and are protected by their rules, sources said.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2020, 04:00:39 pm »
I have an an post currency card, nowt on it as it was crap, switched to Revolut, hopefully they don't go bust

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2020, 05:49:10 pm »
Messaged FN, asking if I should worry re. Wirecard, no reply as yet. No payment reconciliation received today either.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Show Unread Posts