Author Topic: Eamon Ryan, Minister for Transport  (Read 3408 times)

Offline Theoneandonly

Eamon Ryan, Minister for Transport
« on: June 28, 2020, 12:02:15 am »

john m

Re: Eamon Ryan, Minister for Transport
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 12:08:51 am »
Good he will bring in road charging and congestion charges making it more expensive for private motorists to drive .Hard to believe when a taxi driver suggested we should stand for election the Greens only had two councillors ?

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 03:11:22 am »
He wants to plant trees in the Bus/Taxi lanes so that stressed Taximen can stop...get out....and hug a tree...What a stupendus difference this very wise man ....will bring to this office....He will have to leave his promotion of Every back garden should have a incenerator...till he is finished digging holes in the road...to get more air into them.......Alledged....Dont quote me...... yay
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 04:06:16 am »
Rideshare on way

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 06:53:54 am »
ryan is dangerous. there's no doubt about it.
not as dangerous as a taxi driver within 50 feet of a microphone.
but still very dangerous.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 07:12:42 am »
No Diesel cars/taxis
College gate closed
No Taxis in Bus connect lanes
More pedestrian only areas
More cycle routes
Order of priority,
1- pedestrian
2 -Cycle
3-Tram
4- Bus
7-Taxi (favouring electric
6 -Car (favouring electric

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 07:13:21 am »

john m

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 08:40:33 am »
COULD ACTUALLY BE GOOD FOR THE TAXI TRADE .

I would think if it lasts long enough this government Eamo will introduce Road Democracy .For to long M50 users using just one section between Palmerstown and Blanchardstown pay all the tolls while the rest of the 50 remains toll Free .This is wrong and unfair .I have seen the plans and all the gantries are in place if you look there is a Gantry to carry cameras before and after every on and off ramp all along the 50 so pay per mile will be introduced on the 50 ,then extended to every motorway and National rout in the Country .Congestion charges will also be introduced for Dublin,Cork ,Limerick and Galway .The Greens all being Middle Class dont be surprised to see the Household charge changed and levied on an energy efficiency rating rather than a property valuation .

More tax on work .It was a Green idea to use three different bins for rubbish you have to do the work of seperating the stuff into the different bins. At first you only paid for the Black bin the Brown and Green were free to take away now you pay to have them all lifted .This is an example of a hidden green tax .The same will happen with road tolling different rates will be charged on different roads to control the flow of traffic .Will we be exempt ?I wouldnt think so I would suggest working vehicles that operate in the City will pay an annual fee .Could work out Ok for taxi drivers if its going to cost 5 or 8 euro a day to drive your private car into town increased parking charges to 10 euro an hour will put off private motorists .For those of you who dont think on street parking will be a tenner an hour it was introduced at 5p an hour now its about 3 euro which is about 45 times more expensive allowing for currency conversion .Eamo and the Greens might just turn out to be our best Mates .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 09:49:47 am »
Forget all the other bollox these electric scooters give people a chance to get around separately without having to pedal and they're environmentally friendly.Freenow are pushing them and have been lobbying for the law to be changed.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/transport-providers-call-for-radical-rethink-in-policies-1.4288207

john m

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 09:54:32 am »
Good old Free Now back stabbing the taxi drivers who support them .When will they learn .

dalymount

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2020, 09:58:45 am »
How many times have I said it on here,and im ignored every time

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2020, 10:07:52 am »
These scooters have a range of about 18 miles and they only cost about €400 on the net.
Faster than cycling and they're so cheap to use they may take passengers off the buses too.Fold them up and walk into the office and recharge it for the way home.

In cities where private companies like Uber/freenow/lime provide them they put hundreds on the streets and charge a small membership fee.

So while we're all thinking about screens and masks and the taxi industry Freenow is making submissions to political parties to get folks on to their scooters.

Might get a scooter myself for going to the dole office..and the off licence.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2020, 10:15:49 am »
These scooters have a range of about 18 miles and they only cost about €400 on the net.
Faster than cycling and they're so cheap to use they may take passengers off the buses too.Fold them up and walk into the office and recharge it for the way home.

In cities where private companies like Uber/freenow/lime provide them they put hundreds on the streets and charge a small membership fee.

So while we're all thinking about screens and masks and the taxi industry Freenow is making submissions to political parties to get folks on to their scooters.

Seriously? you think our passengers are going to start using rented scooters, These don't concern me at all (nor do rickshaws for that matter)
Getting kicked out of more bus lanes concerns me a little
Having to buy a poxy electric vehicle concerns me a lot
i'd be OK with a hybrid Camry it that suits their agenda, "shudda taken the plunge last time"

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2020, 10:16:38 am »

Get a bros hit the road again

dalymount

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2020, 10:18:55 am »
One think I could never understand about these new electric vehicles is,why would anyone buy one you have to plug in and charge,rather then the one that you DONT  have to plug in ?

Show Unread Posts