Author Topic: Screens in UK  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Theoneandonly

Re: Screens in UK
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 07:36:06 pm »
London Taxis have screens and are using them as an advantage over private hire during the pandemic, therefore they are opposed to private hire vehicles having screens. They are actively trying to get them banned in private hire vehicles or at least make them prohibitively expensive due to testing and engineers reports, i guess it's the same in other cities where Taxis are of the black cab variety, hence the opposition.

Offline watty

Re: Screens in UK
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 07:36:39 pm »
https://www.taxi-point.co.uk/post/addison-lee-investigates-falling-screen-as-tfl-announces-action-where-unapproved-screens-are-found
I don't know who The London Scientific and Technical Advisory Cell are but they reckon:
The London Scientific and Technical Advisory Cell has advised TfL that there is no current evidence to suggest any partition screen in cars helps to prevent the spread of coronavirus. If screens are installed they must prove to not pose any injury risk nor compromise safety equipment like airbags.

I wonder approach FN is taking in London:
London's regulators have worked with Millbrook and HORIBA MIRA, two industry leading automotive testing facilities, to develop a bespoke assessment process to ensure screens meet automotive standards and do not affect the overall safety of the vehicle.

Show Unread Posts