Author Topic: Covid Payment - confirmation  (Read 28558 times)

Offline vandriver

Re: Covid Payment - confirmation
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2020, 09:51:07 pm »
You've been banging this drum for a long time now.What realistic alternative do you have?(And don't say 'the streets' because people have moved on,and you've been left behind)
The customer wants a fully trackable and traceable taxi.The customer wants to pay by card,or have an account.
We have to go along with it or get left behind,sitting on a rank bitching about how the old days were better.

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2020, 10:24:00 pm »
He’s old school.
Can’t move with the times.
Wants everyone to go out on the street to hail a cab.
Did I see in some post he’s retirement age soon.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2020, 10:41:02 pm »
You've been banging this drum for a long time now.What realistic alternative do you have?(And don't say 'the streets' because people have moved on,and you've been left behind)
The customer wants a fully trackable and traceable taxi.The customer wants to pay by card,or have an account.
We have to go along with it or get left behind,sitting on a rank bitching about how the old days were better.

You could concentrate on getting regular customers or just work when its busy enough to just work from hails and ranks.

Get in with a hospital or nursing home. move to a town where apps aren't used.

those pricks free now will be taking 50% off drivers in a few years.

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2020, 10:46:46 pm »

You could concentrate on getting regular customers or just work when its busy enough to just work from hails and ranks.

FFS

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2020, 10:47:15 pm »
He’s old school.
Can’t move with the times.
Wants everyone to go out on the street to hail a cab.
Did I see in some post he’s retirement age soon.
Dalymount is post de-reg.

dalymount

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2020, 10:48:55 pm »
Hes old school ? Only 13 years in the game hardly old school
He wont move with the times? working for to achieve paying a commission of 15 % soon to be 20% whenever FN decide to bounce you around in addition to 35 % discounts to medical staff,is this what you call not moving with the times ?
I read he is near retirement age ?I have actually passes retirement age,and unlike you I can stop any time I like without having to sell my sole to FN does that address all your comments ?

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2020, 10:49:33 pm »

FFS

They will. and ye will be out protesting about it lol.

Offline vandriver

« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2020, 10:57:52 pm »
Hes old school ? Only 13 years in the game hardly old school
He wont move with the times? working for to achieve paying a commission of 15 % soon to be 20% whenever FN decide to bounce you around in addition to 35 % discounts to medical staff,is this what you call not moving with the times ?
I read he is near retirement age ?I have actually passes retirement age,and unlike you I can stop any time I like without having to sell my sole to FN does that address all your comments ?
Horses for courses,then.You Potter around town picking up the odd cash fare,and I and many like me will continue to use the apps,to hit well into 4 figures every week, because that's what income I and others need.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2020, 11:06:37 pm »
You will dig your own grave working for the apps. The reason I got into setting up a taxi business was to be my own boss, I never accept an offer of a run unless I can price it myself, you either let me name my price or get lost, im not working for anyone ever again.

id rather do no runs than do a trip as an employee for another taxi firm.

your 4 figures wont last with free now, they aren't in business to make you rich. Uber in the U.S. barely pay their drivers minimum wage.

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2020, 11:08:54 pm »
He’s only good for taking people home from the rank.
“You show I go”

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2020, 11:12:30 pm »
You will dig your own grave working for the apps. The reason I got into setting up a taxi business was to be my own boss, I never accept an offer of a run unless I can price it myself, you either let me name my price or get lost, im not working for anyone ever again.

your 4 figures wont last with free now, they aren't in business to make you rich. Uber in the U.S. barely pay their drivers minimum wage.

I became self employed first to make money.
To be my own boss never came into the equation.

dalymount

« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2020, 11:22:13 pm »
Unlike you,I actually AM self emploted.how can you possibly call yourself self employed if your prepared to allow a dispatchet direct tour business by dictating what discounts you will offer to the public.is it because your yet another one on here who doesn't have the capability or initiative' to run your own business,and constantly needs to be told what to do ?

dalymount

« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2020, 11:24:54 pm »
go out and find your own work ffs,and stop trying to be like kennywho gets his buzz on gold stars from the teacher..

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2020, 11:39:13 pm »
A bit of jealousy I’d say.
Drivers making good money and you making Fook all.
Go sit on the rank.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2020, 11:42:45 pm »

I became self employed first to make money.
To be my own boss never came into the equation.

I have always said id rather make 30,000 a year self employed than 100,000 a year as an employee.

You will always make money if you are self employed and have a good work ethic and a bit of cop on.

Show Unread Posts