Author Topic: Covid Payment - confirmation  (Read 28552 times)

Offline Horse

Re: Covid Payment - confirmation
« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2020, 11:56:34 am »
I'm going back to work next month, mainly because I'm losing my sanity sitting around.  The honeymoon period is well and truly over.  I plan on trying to work like I used to with most of my fares from the streets or rank and minimal use of the app. If however I find i can't make my wages well then I will have to roll with the times and probably sticker up and become a lickey lackey or one of Ken's mates. I'll work like that as long as I'm getting a good hourly return.  If or when it gets to a stage that I'm not getting a good hourly return (between 20 or 30 quid) then I'll throw in the towel on the taxi game. Looking at it short term is all I can do for now.  I'll try not to have to turn into a ken but needs must and all that. So roll on next month.

Offline Hugh Jenob

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2020, 12:01:25 pm »
Pascal muttering about extending the puppy payment today.
Wonder if it will lead them paying out beyond August 10th?

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

dalymount

« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2020, 12:02:06 pm »
You reckon I know nothing about dispatchers ? Is it not the case that they take 15 % commisiin from drivers ?  Is it not the case that FN offered 50 % discount to madical staff ? Is it not the case that traditional dispatchers  told you what to wear ie ( uniforms) what to charge ( discounts) and actually DISCIPLINED drivers by knocking them off the system if the gave back heavily discounted work ?is it not accepted by most drivers that work went out the back door  to cronies,is it not the case that one such dispatch operater blackmailed drivers by blocking them getting insurance if they didnt subscribe to his union,the list goes on

dalymount

« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2020, 12:06:43 pm »
Dont need to know anything about them,other that youll be working for little or nothing when the market becomes flooded with dispatchers,and youll be glad to work with a 50 % discount dispatch firm just to try and survive,while I have my eircom pension ,my state pension,my household benefits pakage ,my esop money ( as you rightly pointed out) no PSV insurance to pay,no income tax,suitability,NCT,etc ill have all of these things while you,and your likes compete with kenny for gold stars in you copy books,and aa pat on the head from your dispatcher masters.so who do you think is moving on me or tou ?

Hang on, you have an "eircom pension" a "state pension" ,your household benefits package" your "esop money " and you're STILL working as a taxi driver??

and you an anti capitalist, right winger who doesnt believe in liberalism????!!!!!

rofl rofl rofl
you got in one sunshine

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2020, 12:12:47 pm »
You reckon I know nothing about dispatchers ? Is it not the case that they take 15 % commisiin from drivers ?  Is it not the case that FN offered 50 % discount to madical staff ? Is it not the case that traditional dispatchers  told you what to wear ie ( uniforms) what to charge ( discounts) and actually DISCIPLINED drivers by knocking them off the system if the gave back heavily discounted work ?is it not accepted by most drivers that work went out the back door  to cronies,is it not the case that one such dispatch operater blackmailed drivers by blocking them getting insurance if they didnt subscribe to his union,the list goes on

None of that removes the fact that if Taxis did not have dispatchers then all the pre-booked work would go to Hacks.
Drivers know the terms by which various dispatchers acquire the work and must abide by those terms if they wish to accept it.
Drivers can choose which dispatcher to work with based on the terms they offer
Dispatchers are an essential part of the service, some may manage without them but if they weren't there, they wouldn't manage

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2020, 12:30:48 pm »
And no one is dragging you into Antos or Vinnos places

dalymount

« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2020, 12:46:25 pm »
 Ah well go on then ,fight for your gold badges like Ken.next week ,if yis are really good,yis can even bring donuts in tp anto ,and vinny.FN already got theirs from Kenny

Offline Horse

« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2020, 01:10:08 pm »
it may be a case of having to go with one or the other though dm. Word on the street is that there's no street or rank work so it looks like we don't have a choice. Stickers maybe. Doughnuts never.

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2020, 01:12:41 pm »

Yer only hearing all this gossip from the ranks.
You know nothing about it.
Your just the fool on the rank only good for taking people home.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2020, 01:34:51 pm »

None of that removes the fact that if Taxis did not have dispatchers then all the pre-booked work would go to Hacks.
Drivers know the terms by which various dispatchers acquire the work and must abide by those terms if they wish to accept it.
Drivers can choose which dispatcher to work with based on the terms they offer
Dispatchers are an essential part of the service, some may manage without them but if they weren't there, they wouldn't manage
I  watch wild birds at my feeders. The parents bring their fledglings to the feeders and feed them little peanuts and sunflower seeds .
It's lovely watching the young flapping their wings in the hope of a tasty morsel.

Soon after the fledgling birds are left to fend for themselves.

They feel independent yet only feed at my station.

It's the same with indentured taxi drivers. 8)

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2020, 01:42:18 pm »

That is the whole idea of working as a taxi. :P

what do you do? bring them for dinner, or go clubbing with them or something?

dalymount

« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2020, 01:55:04 pm »
it may be a case of having to go with one or the other though dm. Word on the street is that there's no street or rank work so it looks like we don't have a choice. Stickers maybe. Doughnuts never.
there is always a choice horse.the choice is to pretend your self employed when your actually not. Your being run by a company who YOU actually employ to find you work.if that company starts acting the bollox like FN,and traditional dispatchers,then you tell them to go fukk themselves.but unfortunately some on here would rather bow the knee and work for 50%  off the metered fare at their own expense,then stand up like a man and go and find their own work.they have handed the game to dispatchers,not out of a sense of goodwill towards the customer,but out of a sense of not being able to function on their own Initieve they NEED to be told what to do

Offline Horse

« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2020, 02:03:30 pm »
I know where you're coming from dm, believe me, just ask ken how much abuse I gave him for being one of their bum boys. Unfortunately we have to look at the reality of whats happening.  This disease has changed everything.  Word is there is no street or rank work, certainly not enough to make a living from. The old days are gone. So I'm looking at possibly becoming a bum boy too, like ken, just so I can survive in this industry.  Sad, yes. Reality,  yes. Am I happy about it, no.

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2020, 02:09:42 pm »

That is the whole idea of working as a taxi. :P

what do you do? bring them for dinner, or go clubbing with them or something?

That’s the difference when you work with a dispatch company.
So much other work than just taking people home like you.
Who brings the punters into the City, Airport, train station.
Who do you think services the hotels, multi national companies, corporate accounts, HSE accounts
As I said yer only good for taking people home.

dalymount

« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2020, 02:18:27 pm »
I wish you luck if thats what you chose to do horse,but alll the bolloxoligy about dispatchers being essential is rubbish.if there were no dispatchers,people would be only to glad to walk out to the street ti hail a cab.God knows there is enough of us,so they wont be waiting long.as far as I can see ,and ive said it many times,we can operate without them,but they cannot operate without us..all this crap that is put up here about the person who lives in the back of beyond ,and has a ten mile walk out to the main road to get a taxi.those people account for about a half% of our business,and in most cases FN drivers wony collect them anyway cause its off the beaten track.its game set and match to dispatchers ,and they won the game with the assistance of the drivers who played into their hands .my hope is now,that the game will become so flooded with dispatchers,from all over the kip,that anyone who gets a fare at all will be eternally grateful,and will be prepered to,work for a fraction of what the meter says because of pressure from all the rest.they have handed the game to dispatchers,and very soon to the customers who will demand 75 % off the fare or they will go to one of the 50 other dispatchers that I hope will be operating.I dont give a fukk,because ill be gone from the game

Show Unread Posts