Author Topic: C-19: Looks like Europe is shutting down again  (Read 5686 times)

Offline watty

C-19: Looks like Europe is shutting down again
« on: July 25, 2020, 08:00:48 pm »
UK set to re-impose quarantine on passengers from Spain (RTE)

The British government is set to announce that all passengers arriving into England from Spain after midnight tonight will have to self-isolate for two weeks - after coronavirus cases rose again in one of the world's most visited countries.  Scotland has confirmed it will re-impose a 14-day quarantine for travellers returning from Spain. Wales is expected to follow suit.

Coronavirus: Spain drives fears of European 'second wave' (BBC)

A spike in coronavirus cases in Spain has prompted new measures amid fears of a more widespread "second wave".  Catalonia has closed its nightlife for two weeks but cities outside the north-eastern region are also seeing a surge.  France, which has seen a rise too, has issued a travel warning and Norway is quarantining arrivals from Spain.  Germany has also hit a two-month high on new infections, as nations grapple between staving off fresh outbreaks and reopening economies.  Travellers returning to the UK from Spain will have to quarantine for 14 days from Sunday, the BBC understands.  The European rises are echoed in far bigger increases across the rest of the globe, with record daily new-infection figures of around 280,000 in both of the past two days.

<snip>

Are other European nations concerned at the spikes?
Most are seeing increases and outbreaks but want to keep economies functioning and hope any second wave will be regionally limited.  Belgium has slowed down its reopening amid a sharp rise in cases.  Italy is isolating arrivals from Romania and Bulgaria for two weeks after a number of imported cases.  French Prime Minister Jean Castex says people arriving from 16 countries where the virus is widely circulating will be subject to on-the-spot coronavirus tests.  France's health ministry said there were now more than 1,000 new cases each day in hospitals.  Germany has said it may introduce compulsory testing for holidaymakers returning from high-risk destinations after infections hit a two-month high.

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Thank fukk they extended the PUP (€350/€250) to next year...

john m

Re: C-19: Looks like Europe is shutting down again
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 08:31:47 pm »
Who thought this Virus was going to commit Suicide it will be around until there is a vaxcine .If you already signed off sign back on before 17th of September .

Offline mkahawani

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 08:59:32 pm »
Who thought this Virus was going to commit Suicide it will be around until there is a vaxcine .If you already signed off sign back on before 17th of September .
Who said that’s possible? That you can sign back on? Wouldn’t they tell you to apply UA payment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john m

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 09:36:45 pm »
Who said that’s possible? That you can sign back on? Wouldn’t they tell you to apply UA payment

Dont say you are signing on because there is no work if you do then you can fuck off .But if you say social distancing and traceability concerns are your motivation as you are concerned about passenger safety .

Offline mkahawani

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 10:45:56 pm »

Dont say you are signing on because there is no work if you do then you can fuck off .But if you say social distancing and traceability concerns are your motivation as you are concerned about passenger safety .
Well yesterday you were saying it is a qualifying condition if your income has collapsed. So maybe you can re apply after all

john m

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 10:57:06 pm »

Well yesterday you were saying it is a qualifying condition if your income has collapsed. So maybe you can re apply after all

If you were on the payment and gave it up to go back to work you might be asked to prove your income collapsed .Free Now will say there is plenty of work for drivers .There is an Issue with your income has collapsed .The Goodbody report said drivers earned 9.80 an hour so can you prove you earn Substantially less .If I was trying to reclaim I would say I was concerned about Passenger Tracability .

Offline watty

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 10:42:11 am »

If you were on the payment and gave it up to go back to work you might be asked to prove your income collapsed .Free Now will say there is plenty of work for drivers .There is an Issue with your income has collapsed .The Goodbody report said drivers earned 9.80 an hour so can you prove you earn Substantially less .If I was trying to reclaim I would say I was concerned about Passenger Tracability .

AFAIK, the 2 metre rule is still in place and the NTA has unhelpfully never resolved how we do that is a small metal box.  The recent law about masks on public transport vehicles gave Dublin Bus an out by saying bus drivers didn't have to wear a mask if they had a screen between them and the pax.  And tomorrow will mark a month since the NTA said they'll be in touch about the compulsory masks in taxis.  They've really fukked up with taxis and how 10,000 taxis could potentially drive around Dublin infecting all those lovely passengers day-in and day-out.

dalymount

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2020, 11:27:54 am »
Anyone what ya have to do to get the grand ?

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2020, 11:31:19 am »

First thing you have to do is go back to work which rules out most of the lazy fuktards on here

john m

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2020, 11:39:22 am »

First thing you have to do is go back to work which rules out most of the lazy fuktards on here

If you get the fever and die Im sure we will give you a good send off a few cans of Dutch gold or cheap Ledil Cider in some park as we socially distance we will even dispose of the empties and wash our hands anyway what i want to know is I might sing a song Would you prefer Bring Him Home from les miserables .Shuberts  Ave Maria or should I do Youll Never Walk Alone from Carousel .I might bring along Big Dommo get him to carve your epitaph with his pen knife into a park bench .He wore a mask like the lone ranger then a little pun He ranked among the best .

dalymount

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2020, 01:31:23 pm »

If you get the fever and die Im sure we will give you a good send off a few cans of Dutch gold or cheap Ledil Cider in some park as we socially distance we will even dispose of the empties and wash our hands anyway what i want to know is I might sing a song Would you prefer Bring Him Home from les miserables .Shuberts  Ave Maria or should I do Youll Never Walk Alone from Carousel .I might bring along Big Dommo get him to carve your epitaph with his pen knife into a park bench .He wore a mask like the lone ranger then a little pun He ranked among the best .
im back in work albeit reluctantly

dalymount

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2020, 01:35:10 pm »
Ermy ,your back to your brilliant best,I just love your wit.I would actually pay to see ya in the laughter lounge.oh by the way the town I loved so well was my favorite ballad,followed by the Dublin city ramblers version of the rare ould times so take your pick

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2020, 02:37:16 pm »
Ermy playin in the Miserable Fuk Lounge.

john m

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2020, 03:41:58 pm »
Here you go Dalymount the futility of War and taxi driving in a Pandemic ....
Now thats a song .

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2020, 05:54:42 pm »

Simple minds: don't you forget about me

Show Unread Posts