Author Topic: Advice Please  (Read 26461 times)

Offline Justin Time

Advice Please
« on: July 27, 2020, 11:35:12 am »
Been off the road these past few mths,reduced my insurance to "domestic" and returned the daisies.

However, I have my NCT coming up and the suitability test. Now to go for the suitability test you must revert back to your Insurance as being "taxi insurance", you cant apply on the domestic.

I got onto the Insurance and they told me as soon as its back as a taxi insurance I am  "officially back working".

My dilemma is this, when the car is passed out after suitability, what do I do??

According to the Insurance people once you have your daisies back up, you are now classed as being working and you wont be able to claim the Covid payment.

I'm a keshie and as everyone knows the airport is dead, numbers are way down and theres absolutely no way I could make any kind of a living with whatever numbers of passengers are coming in.

Can anyone please advise me as to what I can do? I dont know who to turn to or what the hell to do.
Anxious, is not the word!
Thanks in advance

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Advice Please
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 11:50:43 am »
Regarding the "you're officially back working" bit is bollox.....i've restored my insurance and have a daisy refitting appointment end of week.....i told both NTA and AXA that i won't be returning to work...the NTA are refusing me an extension to my licence suspension and therefore i have to restore it or they said it'll expire....a bit ridiculous considering it's licenced until Feb 21,they did say that i didn't have to create a driver link until i was ready to return to work so as far as i'm concerned that's good enough for me to continue receiving PUP.....only downside is that i'm now back to paying €203 per month for insurance(Nov being the last payment).

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 11:51:05 am »
Why are you doing a suitability test of you're not working.

Offline Punter

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 11:54:25 am »
In my mind you dont need taxi cover to do NCT as the requirement is that the car has passed NCT within 90 days, to do SGS taxi insurance is required--SGS available in days (as I got one in 48 hours)so you could stall full cover until SGS appointment !

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 11:56:43 am »

Obviously cos his licence will expire and will incur restoration fee of €500 plus NCT,i can understand completely why licence holders would do that...only downside is insurance cost.

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 12:00:50 pm »
 Hal Licence reactivation fees have been suspended during the pandemic.I dunno the exact start and finish dates.

Have yis received any new communication to say they'd start charging for restoring a licence?

This is an extract from one of the emails they sent out...

"""""Will I incur late renewal fees if I cannot renew my SPSV vehicle licence?

Any SPSV vehicle licence holder who is unable to complete a licence renewal due to the COVID-19 pandemic, will not be subject to any ‘late renewal fee’"""

It's in here somewhere.

http://media.nationaltransport.ie/lp/e/51843/e2c75b1f9b2d1dde43e3d99fee13e4d8/201005429

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 12:10:10 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 12:09:56 pm »
I was told last week that i didn't have to reactivate my licence but then followed quickly with the "a €500 fee will be charged to restore it within one year".....take from that what you will,i'm sure if someone with fund would like to rake a legal challenge as to why they would expire a licence that is good for another year regardless of it being suspended during the pandemic....i don't see why it can't be suspended any further than three months.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 12:12:43 pm »
@MFH......both the NCT and NTA are back open for business.....that means fukall now.

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2020, 12:16:36 pm »
Hmmm Hal I'm gonna wait and see.They did send out that communicating on April 17 so I'm not gonna sweat about it yet.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2020, 12:23:08 pm »
Been off the road these past few mths,reduced my insurance to "domestic" and returned the daisies.

However, I have my NCT coming up and the suitability test. Now to go for the suitability test you must revert back to your Insurance as being "taxi insurance", you cant apply on the domestic.

I got onto the Insurance and they told me as soon as its back as a taxi insurance I am  "officially back working".

My dilemma is this, when the car is passed out after suitability, what do I do??

According to the Insurance people once you have your daisies back up, you are now classed as being working and you wont be able to claim the Covid payment.

I'm a keshie and as everyone knows the airport is dead, numbers are way down and theres absolutely no way I could make any kind of a living with whatever numbers of passengers are coming in.

Can anyone please advise me as to what I can do? I dont know who to turn to or what the hell to do.
Anxious, is not the word!
Thanks in advance

You're a Dublin Taxi driver with an Airport permit, there is work available to you outside the Kesh. my own normal business model requires the Airport to be functional: https://irelandbytaxi.com/ . however currently the Airport isn't functioning normally therefore I have to deploy my services elsewhere.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2020, 12:36:12 pm »
The airport isn't closed. In fact I was talking with a Dept Of Agriculture official based there over the weekend and he said it never closed and, in fact, efficiency has been geatly enhanced during the pandemic.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2020, 12:40:32 pm »
I was told last week that i didn't have to reactivate my licence but then followed quickly with the "a €500 fee will be charged to restore it within one year".....take from that what you will,i'm sure if someone with fund would like to rake a legal challenge as to why they would expire a licence that is good for another year regardless of it being suspended during the pandemic....i don't see why it can't be suspended any further than three months.
Stop ringing them if they dont agree with you ....or keep ringing them till they do .....
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2020, 12:49:38 pm »
I was told the week before last that mine was restored and that was reflected within the online register. Then I got an email saying I had to have stickers that weren't taken off put back on and produce some sort of undefined document indicating that insurance has been reinstated. I rang the halfwitted morons - call answered in 3 mins 42 seconds thanks to Watty keeping the riff raff at bay - today and they said the email applies so I have to follow that procedure and someone will ring back "in the next few days" to go through the incorrect advice I was given after listening back to the relevant call.

I rang Axa and they're totally confused - in fact their taxi personnel are engaged in a meeting to ascertain what, if anything, they can do about the current mess - i.e. men looking for taxi insurance with no intention of operating taxi services - as I type.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 12:52:25 pm by Rat Catcher »

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2020, 12:57:23 pm »
Indeed Octy......the less interaction i have with the NTA the better,useless shower of fuks,the only decisions they've made have made it difficult for licence holders,from not accepting the 4 month NCT extension,screens,face mask wearing to not facilitating more than a three month suspension to licences,if we all went back to work tomorrow Roy would be bolloxed altogether!!

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2020, 01:01:10 pm »

Because my licence it up in mid August. If I don't get passed out I will lose my licence.

Show Unread Posts