Author Topic: 'Actively looking for work' & the PUP €350 is wrong says FLAC  (Read 13432 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: 'Actively looking for work' & the PUP €350 is wrong says FLAC
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2020, 09:50:39 am »
Watty by Roy's standards both yours and my vehicles are shit heaps.Why are we driving shit heaps if he's right?

I offer excellent customer service when I actually go to work!.

Offline watty

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2020, 09:57:55 am »
I was going to upgrade this year or early next year.  Just because I/us are in a not-so-good place, doesn't mean we can't aspire to something better?   A better quality product (taxi) benefits us all.

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2020, 10:21:59 am »
I'm upgrading in March in the absence of another extension as my heap will be 15 years young..The newer vehicle won't be noticeably better to the passenger.The reg will be newer.But it's nearly the exact same vehicle.

Cars haven't really evolved enough in the last 30 years to warrant changing every 5 years.Yer Octavia was designed in the mid 90s.So it's an old design.The new one you buy won't be a whole lot different except for the reg plate.Might look sharper on the outside but it's like putting lipstick on a pig.No offence intended.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2020, 10:23:29 am »
Roy's not batshit crazy, except maybe going to Mexico  :o

Taxi are pretty much the most expensive travel option available to people.  They can walk, cycle, bus, car before they choose us.  If they have a negative perception of us, they'll only use us if they really, really have to.  Too often, taxi drivers see the €10-20 note in front of them and fuk the rest of it.  Instead, if we had slightly better cars and slightly better attitudes, people might start using taxis more often.  Bus 10 mins late, a drop of rain, feeling tired etc etc - they might jump in a taxi if it was going to be a nice experience. 

Esp women, who have the spare cash.  If they knew they could pay €10-20 and get home quickly and in peace without someone staring at their breasts, they'd jump at it.  Ultimately that would benefit all of us with more money in our pockets & less hours worked.

It's probably instructive that Roy (AIUI) had a customer-facing business job before he jumped in a taxi and knows something about customer service and growing a business.

Yeah, it was actually booked for September, we cancelled and rebooked for June, thankfully the flights are fully re-bookable so if things haven't improved we can shift it again, we were there last September and loved it

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2020, 11:05:58 am »
Where in Mexico?
Was in Cancun in the late 90's.....i won't say i hated it but close enough.....fukin fat Americans all over the kip.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2020, 11:17:02 am »
Where in Mexico?
Was in Cancun in the late 90's.....i won't say i hated it but close enough.....fukin fat Americans all over the kip.

Flew into Cancun, stayed near Tulum on the Maya riviera. most of the English speakers we came across were Canadian, the Hotel complex was incredible, we probably won't bother leaving it at all next time

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2020, 11:42:41 am »

Taxi are pretty much the most expensive travel option available to people.  They can walk, cycle, bus, car before they choose us.  If they have a negative perception of us, they'll only use us if they really, really have to.  Too often, taxi drivers see the €10-20 note in front of them and fuk the rest of it.  Instead, if we had slightly better cars and slightly better attitudes, people might start using taxis more often.  Bus 10 mins late, a drop of rain, feeling tired etc etc - they might jump in a taxi if it was going to be a nice experience. 

Esp women, who have the spare cash.  If they knew they could pay €10-20 and get home quickly and in peace without someone staring at their breasts, they'd jump at it.  Ultimately that would benefit all of us with more money in our pockets & less hours worked.

It's probably instructive that Roy (AIUI) had a customer-facing business job before he jumped in a taxi and knows something about customer service and growing a business.
I wonder if the yokes with underlying issues mite prefer taxis now than the bus or the dart or the luas.....
Anyway I'm lazy and proud .....i dont believe in sittin in a car for more than 5-6 hours at a time .......its extremely unhealthy
And I see fat fuks in town living in ther cars cause they dont know how to live and they use the accumulation of money as a gauge of how important they are or a measure of ther self worth or something I dont understand them .....they dont have a clue wat to do wen the telly is off an the truth is they suffer from perpetual boredom .....how many retired guards or teachers drive taxis with plenty money in the bank ? I've met plenty ....if that was me ide be riding a bike I I wouldnt even have a car and they dying a diabetic, heart disease high blood pressure slow death sittin in a car for 50- 60 hours a week .....for years now I've trained meself to work less an cut down on spending cause I learned me lesson 10 yers ago that you cant depends on this taxi for a livin .....I earne about 3 to 400 a week driving  and I'vestill  been saving me money preparing for a time like this cause of wat happened before and I dont go on holiday or unnecessary spending ....sitting in some bar thousands of miles from home sweating the bollix off yurself then you get the scutters cause the cnuts poison you then your sleeping on the floor of in an airport cause thers a strike or something.....madness ......as regards keeping high standards
The only time I ever spent money was on a new taxi as a business investment over 10 years .......its was really fuking stupid mistake  now wen I think of it now ....I shud of bought a banger fo 2 grand like johnny m said ......because yu cant depend on this as a living and thers too many threats out ther now ...the most dangerous of which is the unregulated multinational app market and the handing over control of the taxi industry to them because its costing the Government money in enforcers an girls on the phone etcetera etcetera.....
It's not a handout ....its my money ...I am a citizen and my taxes pay for it ....and if anyone attempts to make me feel guilty to getting paid with my own money when they saying you shouldn't near anybody with this death plaugue then I have to question ther sanity.....
Now I'm off out on me bike for a 30 I cycle ...then I'm going fishing ....then to top it off I'm going play a nice game of pitch an putt with the kids .....in cople yers time theyll be mottin and wont want antin to do with me an I'll be just another old cnut and theyll be waitin till  I snuff it so they can sell me gaff an go off to ibiza an chase skirt an spend me money ......
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2020, 11:53:46 am »

I wonder if the yokes with underlying issues mite prefer taxis now than the bus or the dart or the luas.....
Anyway I'm lazy and proud .....i dont believe in sittin in a car for more than 5-6 hours at a time .......its extremely unhealthy
And I see fat fuks in town living in ther cars cause they dont know how to live and they use the accumulation of money as a gauge of how important they are or a measure of ther self worth or something I dont understand them .....they dont have a clue wat to do wen the telly is off an the truth is they suffer from perpetual boredom .....how many retired guards or teachers drive taxis with plenty money in the bank ? I've met plenty ....if that was me ide be riding a bike I I wouldnt even have a car and they dying a diabetic, heart disease high blood pressure slow death sittin in a car for 50- 60 hours a week .....for years now I've trained meself to work less an cut down on spending cause I learned me lesson 10 yers ago that you cant depends on this taxi for a livin .....I earne about 3 to 400 a week driving  and I'vestill  been saving me money preparing for a time like this cause of wat happened before and I dont go on holiday or unnecessary spending ....sitting in some bar thousands of miles from home sweating the bollix off yurself then you get the scutters cause the cnuts poison you then your sleeping on the floor of in an airport cause thers a strike or something.....madness ......as regards keeping high standards
The only time I ever spent money was on a new taxi as a business investment over 10 years .......its was really fuking stupid mistake  now wen I think of it now ....I shud of bought a banger fo 2 grand like johnny m said ......because yu cant depend on this as a living and thers too many threats out ther now ...the most dangerous of which is the unregulated multinational app market and the handing over control of the taxi industry to them because its costing the Government money in enforcers an girls on the phone etcetera etcetera.....
It's not a handout ....its my money ...I am a citizen and my taxes pay for it ....and if anyone attempts to make me feel guilty to getting paid with my own money when they saying you shouldn't near anybody with this death plaugue then I have to question ther sanity.....
Now I'm off out on me bike for a 30 I cycle ...then I'm going fishing ....then to top it off I'm going play a nice game of pitch an putt with the kids .....in cople yers time theyll be mottin and wont want antin to do with me an I'll be just another old cnut and theyll be waitin till  I snuff it so they can sell me gaff an go off to ibiza an chase skirt an spend me money ......

With your own bookings, you know today what you're doing tomorrow, you stay home between jobs and only drive when you're actually earning, you can plan you're hobbies and pastimes around the bookings, even better, if you have a few lads keen to cover the work you can offload those jobs you don't fancy, rather than fob them off, it really doesn't take much time or effort to build a small, regular bit of custom

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2020, 12:09:29 pm »
Just an observation Roy but if yer at home answering emails and cherry-picking app work for hours everyday that's the same as working.Your just not getting paid for the IT side of things.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2020, 12:22:20 pm »
Just an observation Roy but if yer at home answering emails and cherry-picking app work for hours everyday that's the same as working.Your just not getting paid for the IT side of things.
Never said I wasn't working, I "work from home"  I've been home since 9am (in and out of the house from 4am) . I've a regular at 1pm and that's me for the day.
I have short cuts on my phone allowing me to answer a booking request in about 10 seconds I just fill in blanks (name, date, price) (there really aren't that many (maybe 10 a day when it's busy) and I'm fairly happy if there are more
I normally don't do APP work at all, however I've had to patch with them since coming back

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2020, 12:23:50 pm »
Working from home is good. It was the main recommendation HSE made for social distancing.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2020, 12:24:32 pm »

With your own bookings, you know today what you're doing tomorrow, you stay home between jobs and only drive when you're actually earning, you can plan you're hobbies and pastimes around the bookings, even better, if you have a few lads keen to cover the work you can offload those jobs you don't fancy, rather than fob them off, it really doesn't take much time or effort to build a small, regular bit of custom

Sounds good to me toao ..
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2020, 04:45:12 pm »
Christ on a bike, I'm like a coiled spring waiting to get back to work. It's not my fault they can't find a vaccine! 8)

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2020, 04:47:04 pm »
Look at the flack poor oul Caroline Flack took and that result.
Roberta Flack: The first time ever i saw your face. Absolutely beautiful song, and what a pure voice she has.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Ah now, BE KIND! 8)

Offline Panel

• Wanked out French panel van driving scum.
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2020, 11:31:49 pm »
The fleet isn’t any better for the 9 year rule, it just means that most drivers are gee deep in finance and spend longer in the taxi to make payments.

The lads who got out of taxiing because of it has been replaced with new younger entrants in wanked out French panel vans that have a 15 year life span.

Roy likes his superb and that grand for him but it dosent make him right, just a fella in a expensive motor looking down on lads who drive gick, but the lads driving gick can take a night off and go for a pint while Roy is on the rank for his repayment money.

Ya think the lads in the wanked out French panel vans are the fools, those are the lads who can lay out in the weeds and weather the storm the best.

Show Unread Posts