Author Topic: NCT for 11 months  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Justin Time

NCT for 11 months
« on: July 31, 2020, 01:29:56 pm »
So got the NCT done and dusted. Got me cert it said June 2021 on it ,when it should be Aug 2021.

Spoke with the receptionist and she didnt know what happened,"there must be a glitch in the system,phone head office and explain what happened"

Phone head office explained situation to the girl,she hadnt a clue,put me on hold then came back with.

"Because of the pandemtic everyone was given a 4 month extension whether they wanted it or not and therefore your NCT would be taken from today meaning it would be up in June of next year".
Did anyone understand that? because I certainly didnt and told her so.

I told her the people in my local NCT knew nothing about that and thats why im phoning you now.

"Well im telling you thats the situation",I was told.

So I asked her why should I be missing out on a month as in only have an NCT valid for 11 mths when it should be 12,..... she couldnt tell me... "Thats what i have on the system"

I asked for someone to clarify it, she said someone will phone me later. (I wont hold my breath)

So did anyone else get their NCT done in recent days and have a cert that only gives them 11 months until its up ?

I despair!

Offline Theoneandonly

Re: NCT for 11 months
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 01:35:52 pm »
Same for everyone. because the NCT extended the Due date by 6 months but the NTA didn't follow suit, all Taxi NCTs are dated the month they are taken as they are carried out more then 90 days before the new due date, going forward your NCT is now out of Sync with your Taxi vehicle renewal.
NTA have been consistent in doing absolutely nothing to help drivers during the pandemic.

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 01:45:47 pm »
Same for everyone. because the NCT extended the Due date by 6 months but the NTA didn't follow suit, all Taxi NCTs are dated the month they are taken as they are carried out more then 90 days before the new due date, going forward your NCT is now out of Sync with your Taxi vehicle renewal.
NTA have been consistent in doing absolutely nothing to help drivers during the pandemic.

Thanks for your reply.
The girl i was speaking with in head office clearly wasnt able to explain matters and the people up in the NCT test centre were clueless and thought it was a "mistake".

I fail to see how the NCT extension due date would or should affect me since I was due in Aug, nor was I looking for any extension.

So basically we are losing out  a month and we've to suck it up?

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 01:52:05 pm »

Thanks for your reply.
The girl i was speaking with in head office clearly wasnt able to explain matters and the people up in the NCT test centre were clueless and thought it was a "mistake".

I fail to see how the NCT extension due date would or should affect me since I was due in Aug, nor was I looking for any extension.

So basically we are losing out  a month and we've to suck it up?

Yes (suck it up), the extension was given to all vehicles, maybe it shouldn't have been extended for Taxis? although maybe it works for those who allowed their licences to lapse?

Show Unread Posts