Author Topic: Help Wanted - Racist Attack West Dublin  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Help Wanted - Racist Attack West Dublin
« on: August 18, 2020, 12:24:16 pm »
https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/gardai-issue-appeal-after-asian-22530162

Gardai issue appeal after Asian woman pushed into Dublin canal by racist teens

[Video Footage - click article link to view]

ByWilliam Dunne Digital Journalist
14:43, 16 AUG 2020

Gardai are seeking anyone who witnessed an Asian woman being pushed into the canal by a group of racist teenagers.

Footage of the sickening incident has circulated widely on social media and has been condemned by users of several platforms.

It's understood the "alleged racially motivated" attack happened along the Royal Canal in Dublin at around 7.25pm on Friday.

The disgusting clip shows the woman telling the boys they should not "racially discriminate".

The alleged racial slurs are not caught on camera.

Gardai have now appealed for witnesses to the incident and to anyone who may have footage or voice recordings of the altercation.

A spokeswoman said: "Gardaí in Finglas who are investigating an alleged racially motivated incident that occurred between Lock 11 and 12 of The Royal Canal, Dublin 15 at approximately 7.25p.m. on Friday evening, 14th August, 2020 are appealing for witnesses.

"An incident occurred when a young woman was racially abused by a number of youths on the side of the canal and then the lady was pushed into the canal.

"Gardaí are appealing for witnesses and are asking that anyone with information in relation to this incident should make contact with investigating Gardaí at Finglas Garda Station, in particular anyone who may have mobile phone footage or a voice recording of the incident. Anyone with information can contact Finglas Garda Station on 01 6667500, the Garda Confidential line 1800 666111, or any Garda Station."

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: Help Wanted - Racist Attack West Dublin
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 03:40:03 pm »
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 03:53:13 pm »
I saw that Chinese woman on the telly and they were saying shit like fried rice, curry sauce or some bollox and she got super offended and went back to confront them on her own.

Honestly she made a big deal out of it and got pushed in the canal.

She does look like every owlwan behind the counter of most of the Chinese takaways.But it's probably racist to say that too.Teenagers say stupid things.I doubt they're all Nazis.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 04:01:08 pm »
Fried rice or flied lice? The wireless made it out to be linked to the Chinese Virus aka COVID '19. There was a similar attack in Cork with two Chinamen getting battered, allegedly by locals.

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 04:06:37 pm »
I could be certain but there was a takeaway reference in the interview..I think we like and tolerate the Chinese more than they'd like us if we turned up in their country.

They won't even eat the shit they sell us in the takeaways.Maybe that's why she got so upset?.She's lucky she didn't land on a shopping trolley or bike.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 04:13:39 pm »
We'd like them more if they stayed open until the bars are really closed. I think the suggestion is that Donald Trump consistently referring to COVID '19 as the Chinese Virus is encouraging animosity towards Chinese all over the world. I'm pretty sure the men battered in Cork suggested the virus was mentioned before or as they were being attacked.

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 04:17:50 pm »
Lets hope the attackers washed their hands for twenty seconds afterwards..

Show Unread Posts